Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Also... Is there any chance for higher/more gore/blood option? Would be better, imo, if there was more blood when smashing zombies and would love this option!

Maybe someone could mod some gore paints to decorate POIS better. Just a version of each blocks but with say blood on it

Madmole himself gave a pretty good reason for this:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Discussions-Alpha-17&p=910934#post910934

I was sad about the level gating too, but now that I know how it messed up MP, I realize why it was necessary.

I am a huge proponent of use it to learn it, but if leveling to get perks is what you want fine. Level gating though is just bad management. I noticed that you only care about the crafting perks in the INT line. This tells me that you already know everyone rushes there, yet the whole premise was for this system to enable different play styles by encouraging specialization. Instead of level gating crafting, you should work on balancing the other attribute lines to make those more desirable.

If the whole concern is MP, then I have to agree with many other posters in that the core issue is the massive XP boost giving to the group XP. That is what needs to be adjusted or nerfed, and not what level you can get a crafting perk.

I noticed that you only care about the crafting perks in the INT line. This tells me that you already know everyone rushes there

It tells you what you want to read into it. =P

The actual reason is that "main progression" unlocks like that are a special case and do not scale like other perks.

Once one member of a team unlocks it, everyone immediately gains all the benefits. That is very different from every other perk in the game because other perks either aid only you personally or you have to be there for it to work.

We'r are finding progression just fine in mp... people are investing in survival and defense, and are specializing in specific things like gardening or building as needed by the group. Group xp sharing is encouraging people to work together, instead of separate scavenging.

I started sp game to see how that unfolds. Its funny... because of random drops on day one I had 3 morning helmets on sp, and on day 10 in mp, only one of us has a mining helmet.

So brick gets you 1200 HP for 70 (forge units) of stuff and cobblestone 1500 HP for 140.

Crafting is more involved but it doesn't look like a bad deal to me.

If you invert that you have brick at 1200 HP for 140 units plus crafting costs and cobblestone at 1500 HP for 70.

How does that even make sense?

aiee! yep. Totally forgot the 1 = 5 in forge bit. (face palm) Sorry! Thanks for the catch Gazz, lug. :)

(<kidding> but it's -your- fault Gazz!! I haven't seen anything but a busted Forge in so looonnngggg!! < :D > )

totally kidding, my bad :)

Thanks for the link Gronk. Not only is Takeshi's Castle a WTF?!? laugh but led me to Best of Wipeout w Jill Wagner :)

The 10 seconds starting from here is awesome! :D

If you like that you'll love this...

Prince Andrew of the British royal family wanted to work in television. Somehow he convinced close relatives to participate in our own home-grown version called "It's a knockout". What ensued was probably the lowest point for the British Monarchy in centuries...

Right on, thanks for the response. My server patrons have been asking for it and I'm relatively new to mods. I like to play games as the devs intended. But I do like the idea of not having to hit "B" all the time lmao.

IMHO the ability to change game parameters through XML edits *is* one of the ways to play the game the way the devs intended it. Otherwise, they would have kept all of these parameters built into the executable. Changing the bit that tells the game to mark supply drops on the map or not in the config screen is no different than changing XML to do the same thing. There's just way too many possible changes available in the XML to have them all in the new game config screens too.

It tells you what you want to read into it. =P

The actual reason is that "main progression" unlocks like that are a special case and do not scale like other perks.

Once one member of a team unlocks it, everyone immediately gains all the benefits. That is very different from every other perk in the game because other perks either aid only you personally or you have to be there for it to work.

That's the point exactly. The solution is not to level lock the perk for only one tree in my opinion. Why don't you spread the important stations around. Forge is in STR, Chem station INT, workbench DEX, ect.. If you had one station for different levels of development in each attribute, that would solve the problem and allow for the specialization that we have been discussing. Again, just my 2 cents.

Archived