Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Weather is definitely whack. 137' F is a pretty frikkin' hot desert, considering 136' is the hottest ever recorded. In 1922.

Maybe it's nukuala warming or after effects from a fallout or something. ><

I work with Celsius here so sounds a bit feasible for harsh climates like mars or the sun haha.

Perhaps we on a Alien planet !???

Trying to get health with ordinary bandages only shows you don't know the game anymore. You have to read the manual just like a beginner. The point you received has nothing to do with bandages. Just the auto healing.

Yeahh with bandages the normal Ones extends the maximum health capacity but not actually the health itself.

The Red Cross bandages does both.

I would like to ask what do I need to craft the Red Cross bandages as I am finding it hard to place the right perks to enable this.

Yeahh with bandages the normal Ones extends the maximum health capacity but not actually the health itself.

The Red Cross bandages does both.

I would like to ask what do I need to craft the Red Cross bandages as I am finding it hard to place the right perks to enable this.

Its the Physician perk. You can get it at level 1, just need 4 in Int and 1 in Physician .

Honestly, I don't recommend this skill at the beginning of the game: there are enough painkillers to recover health after having poorly managed the visit of a POI. Aloe cream restores 6 points of health instantly and raises a little the health max. When "winter of the ferals" is coming, yes, this skill can be essential especially if you don't like to wear armor as long as they are not improved by mods.

And 10 Red cross bandages are a very usual reward when you complete quests.

Its the Physician perk. You can get it at level 1, just need 4 in Int and 1 in Physician .

Ahhh right. Thanks.

I am a bit slow with the zombies and dive into POI a lot but forever getting sneaky hit. I have terrible bad luck sometimes and I seem to need health boosters more than anything else I have found.

For sure. It definitely wasnt a pure recommendation to do at level 1, although I did do it my recent start because I spawned literally as far south as one can go, and it would take ages to move + my trader had a cement mixer + forge so... I decided to put the aloe to good use in the meantime lol. Yeah, those bandies are quite common + pain pills work nicely. Although only able to take one every few mins can put ya in a bind in a tight situation (AKA me being Rambo when I know I shouldn't hehe).

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh right. Thanks.

I am a bit slow with the zombies and dive into POI a lot but forever getting sneaky hit. I have terrible bad luck sometimes and I seem to need the health now than anything I have found.

It happens. Youre welcome

Yes thats what I meant.

Me and my bf liked the idea so where just wondering what happened.

tnx for the answer.

Would be nice if having it or not would be an option in settings tho :)

I agree. It would have been nice if they just commented it out instead of adding the additional check to be sure it was enabled only for God Mode.

I'm just hoping it will be possible to add-in/tweak things so 'being wet' cools you for an in game hour or two; and hopefully add the ability to dump a can/bottle of clean or murky water on ourselves to achieve the effect along w hopping in a river.

And I still think the only reason us americans know what a centimeter is compared to an inch is some enterprising men began using it in online profiles...

And to the outraged women I just have four words.

Wonder Bra. Fairs fair. :D:D

I placed my own sleeping bag too close and when I went to activate the exclamation mark I got a message that there was an active bedroll in the area and the quest could not begin until the bedroll was removed.

So....quest before the quest? :)

That's good for active but what if inactive? I am thinking of mp servers where people are logged off.

Why should I have to eat more food when i was already at 95 and 91...doesnt make sense....bandages should heal...not food. Exactly my point. I would also, rather have the food and drink bar back instead of flipping back and forth on character screens to see what my food and drink actually are.

I like the challenge and having to learn new aspects to survive but many of the changes take alot of the fun out of the game... I was never an underground builder.never built a 20 story moat around my base ...always made bases in city for the challenges it brought Never used traders to buy higher level items. I went out and survived and earned everything. The perks and leveling just muddy up the game and handcuff players. I thought it was supposed to be a game of choices? Choices that a player can make on his own..not being led by the game..thats what i dislike.

Just install red eagle's modlet for a food and water bar. (We also use his modlet for the additional compass info and the zombie kill/deaths info). You'll quickly learn the new system as to what affects what, and why specific things are lower than you think they should be.

Also there is a LOT to relearn in the game because its changed so much. You don't just decide to build a base in the snow or desert biomes on day one, period. Those are now bad game play choices. We are having a BLAST, and our day 7 horde night was the most funb we've had on it since I can't even recall.

- - - Updated - - -

This game gets really good when you set it to run the day and walk at night.

We prefer job during the day, and then sprint sprint sprint. Walking at night just makes it FAR too easy.

We are finding the stamina and health bars are still very confusing to new players. Maybe they need to have a two color part bar, and read exactly what your total amount is? If you overeat, have stamina actually read 150% and have the over 100% part of the bar lighter blue, as opposed to the current "100% full blue with a "mystery" bonus percentage that you don't have any clue what it actually is.

(Red Eagle, is this possible with a new modlet?)

My wife micro manages things like this, and it drives her crazy trying to max those amounts up without wasting by over eating or over drinking.

I'm constantly amazed at how good this game looks now, and I was ticked AO was removed, and I don't miss it at all now! Our horde night wasn't in under 20 fps, and was a sheer delight, the best day 7 horde we've had in years.

This went from looking like an indy game to looking like a aaa experience. 2018 was rough awaiting a17, but ended up kicking major @$$ at the end.

Only minor quibble or observation.. we seems to be seeing a LOT of junk yards and those small electrical tower installations, and a lot fewer shopping districts with tool or hardware shops. I don't think I've even seen a tool shop or hardware store in this last week's of playing across the different builds.

Feathers seem in overabundance... maybe nerf them maybe 20% or so? Eggs amount seem fine.. enough so we can scavenge and cook, but not so many that was have a surplus of them.

Why should I have to eat more food when i was already at 95 and 91...doesnt make sense....bandages should heal...not food. Exactly my point. I would also, rather have the food and drink bar back instead of flipping back and forth on character screens to see what my food and drink actually are.

I like the challenge and having to learn new aspects to survive but many of the changes take alot of the fun out of the game... I was never an underground builder.never built a 20 story moat around my base ...always made bases in city for the challenges it brought Never used traders to buy higher level items. I went out and survived and earned everything. The perks and leveling just muddy up the game and handcuff players. I thought it was supposed to be a game of choices? Choices that a player can make on his own..not being led by the game..thats what i dislike.

Your food bar IS your max stamina. It's right there on the screen. Water only affects health regen so just drink when it slows down. There is no need to clutter the screen with two useless bars.

Did they add the level requirements back to the stats? Did I miss that in the 240 update? They removed it, but the game shows B240 yet I can't make a forge until level 10

Yep, really strange. And Devs haven't addressed this yet to my knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?95007-Qyzer-s-Xpath-Mods

"Qyzer_Remove_Perk_Level_Requirements"

-Been at it since A16 :-)

You should be looking here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?61-Mods

for that sort of thing.

Nice. I'll check it out

We are finding the stamina and health bars are still very confusing to new players. Maybe they need to have a two color part bar, and read exactly what your total amount is? If you overeat, have stamina actually read 150% and have the over 100% part of the bar lighter blue, as opposed to the current "100% full blue with a "mystery" bonus percentage that you don't have any clue what it actually is.

(Red Eagle, is this possible with a new modlet?)

I don't believe so, but to be honest I have not tried in any way either.

@Gareee,

If I remember correctly Madmole mentioned that you could only overeat by 20 or 25. Rest would get wasted.

and if nothing else, I would really like to know, definatively, what that number is...

25 food units over 100% unless I misread the buff.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Discussions-Alpha-17&p=907183&viewfull=1#post907183

Yep, really strange. And Devs haven't addressed this yet to my knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

Nice. I'll check it out

Yes they did mention it.. they are balancing, and removed some overkill nasty ones, but put in place some other restrictions. I'm sure we'll see more adjustments in the future on these as well as they try to hit that sweet spot balance wise.

A balance between all level gated progress and some reasonable ones is fine IMHO.

I suspect we'll see a slight lowering of zombie xp, and a slight raise of other action xp gains as well, to kind of roll in the old learn by doing system into the current system.

At the end of the day, if you mine and earn xp and then spend that point on your mining perks, its pretty much the same.. the only difference if you have the option to spend that on something else you deem more important at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe so, but to be honest I have not tried in any way either.

25 food units over 100% unless the buff changed.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Discussions-Alpha-17&p=907183&viewfull=1#post907183

Thanks for the reply, RE.. and Happy Holidays to you and yours! Our friends were delighted seeing the modlet hud enhancements last night!

Archived