Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I would love a lawn mower (see earlier post.) And while I don't normally rush a forge (I tried and I actually don't like it) I WOULD rush for a lawn mower. Quantum Blue's (Lawmower Man's) Diersville would be the envy of all (and I mean everyone in the universe) by end of month. (punching grass / empty frames almost makes it two...)

But, now that I think about it, since laying empty frame removes grass AND levels the land, we need some kind of auto frame placer/remover. (kind of like the tunnel borer in RailCraft for MineCraft)

; - )

I’m also looking forward to a lawnmower mod. Until then I added a weed whacker mod similar to the old shears from other alphas.

https://github.com/stasis78/7dtd-mods/tree/master/WeedwhackerMod

Two questions.

1. Is there a POI editor for A17, if so, where is it?

2. Is it worth bug reporting a POI in Nave with strange SI issues?

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

hey TG,

in navezgane map you are talking about.. stand in front of the poi... log out and go to editing and click on World Editor (not the prefab editor),

scroll until you see a folder called Navezgane... click on it to load it...

viola, when its loaded you are standing in front of the poi and now you hit escape - top right of the debug menu choose the 2 icon - select "show dynamic prefabs" (a lot of blue boxes will appear)... stand back out of that boundary box and click LMB once to turn it yellow... now hit your F3 to open debug info screen on left and at the bottom should show the prefab's name that is high lited.

grab a screen shot and make a bug report about it.

left lower corner has red healthbar

I'm guessing she means the enemy health bar along the top of the screen, as shown in a couple of Madmole's early A17 videos.

There is some talk about enabling it via XML/XSLT in the Mods section of this board, but apparently it's too buggy to be usable. I'd link to it, but I can't find it now, maybe someone else can?

(EDIT: missed that the OP is female - my apologies!)

Hey all,

I was wondering what happened with the health bar, will it be added like promised?

Do you mean the enemy health bar?

It was not promised, in fact they specifcally stated it was a debug item.

Further, because of all the complaints and whines they also locked it behind having God mode enabled, and then further commented it out in the XML

Locking it behind god mode made it useless for modding it back in, or using it in a mod behind perks (as was suggested might be possible).

Also still didn't add any visual way to tell how damaged, or even damage between zeds (unless you use arrows/bolts or perk into dismemberment).

Maybe in a future version or with some SDX Patch scripts.

Also still didn't add any visual way to tell how damaged, or even damage between zeds.

I wish we could see visual damage some day.

And individual sounds of every sort of zed, some still use similar sounds. Predictability of situation via sound so you know if you need to scream or panic.

When will STEAM show A17 Stable? right now it still only shows A16.4 and Experimental.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

the Beta drop down menu shows only experimentals and testing branches not the public stable. when players opts out they will already be in stable build.

try this on another game (i checked in Doom) click on the beta tab and nothing because they dont offer backend builds.

new player will only see install when they buy the game and will only see options in the beta tab if they opt in to such tests.

@unholyjoe,

I believe what Lonestarcanuck is referring to; usually TFP have also made a copy when releasing the stable (for a number of versions now) called Stable on the betas tab such that folks could opt-in to that Stable version and not get updated when patches for public branch came out.

Do you mean the enemy health bar?

It was not promised, in fact they specifcally stated it was a debug item.

Further, because of all the complaints and whines they also locked it behind having God mode enabled, and then further commented it out in the XML

Locking it behind god mode made it useless for modding it back in, or using it in a mod behind perks (as was suggested might be possible).

Also still didn't add any visual way to tell how damaged, or even damage between zeds (unless you use arrows/bolts or perk into dismemberment).

Maybe in a future version or with some SDX Patch scripts.

Yes thats what I meant.

Me and my bf liked the idea so where just wondering what happened.

tnx for the answer.

Would be nice if having it or not would be an option in settings tho :)

I'm having some fun. My first b240 playthrough I must've been wearing tap shoes or something as every POI I went in I'd wake 2 or 3 sleepers at once.

My current run, doing much better.

Found RWG Trader's a bit lacking for an 8192 map. Took care of that with a little modlet though (upped the from a fixed 5 to 5-10).

I like the way the regular vultures just hound you.

Those sleeper vultures, had one inside a POI.

The greater number of zombies makes avoiding them a bit more interesting.

Instead of ignoring the Master Chef perk, finally gave that a go (seems to be a required one, it makes that major a difference).

I'm calling my first experience with b240 a fluke. I must've had a bad day or some clogs or tap shoes on as I couldn't sneak and avoid zeds at all. Current playthrough has been way better.

After having been running with Master Chef level 1. Might as well just remove one more starting skill point and unlock those recipes since that first level is essentially a required perk (starve or take this; or so it feels). One point though, not bad to have a lot of extra food.

Why is the character level limit set to 300? Why not 999?

It's a design choice.

Back to what I was originally going to say...

The prefab editor requires EAC to be turned off if you want to save changes? Does that mean that a server cannot change a single prefab without disabling EAC?

At level 300, you are 26 points away from unlocking everything. One perk is currently disabled, and I've included the 4 tutorial quest points in that measurement. I am ignoring the rng challenge points.

Higher levels would give you a higher level number to look at occasionally, and it wouldn't hurt anything.

It's also RPG tradition for numbers to max out at 99, 999, 9999, etc.

Higher levels would give you a higher level number to look at occasionally, and it wouldn't hurt anything.

It will, your loot. All loot tables are scaled based on %% of max level. To get the best loot you need to be at lvl 300 (or 100% of max level possible). If you change that to 999, your loot will be like lvl 100.

Archived