Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

7 days to fizzle. Past a year since A.16 no real info on how many big bugs exist nothing but a rare pic here and there. I love this game but got burned out and just dont have the feel to play till A.17. As for those saying play something else, I played to death those games and dont like most of the ones I seen recently. TFP show me some light at the end of this A.17 tunnel.

Hmm, maybe. I was trying to more-so just not mention more duping complications. ;d

I mean yeah Databases are great at it, but for what 7DTD uses, perhaps not.

As for a game that does allow both, well World of Warcraft Guild Banks are a perfect example. I think even they used to have a duping problem though.

- - - Updated - - -

Transactions prevent duping. (If done correctly)

To keep things simple, you could just lock all the items in the chest once opened. So only the "opener" can access them until they exit the chest, using something like:

"SELECT * FROM player(1).Chest(4) FOR UPDATE WAIT". (as an example, not sure how their objects are laid out)

***Easy Peasy. :)

aiming takes stamina really? whos getting tired while aiming

Of course you get tired while aiming. It's the main reason why you don't carry the gun around in the aiming position, because it's not comfortable for the arms. You carry it at rest, or over the shoulder or something.

Arm chair developers are the best... :jaded:

Anyways, it would be really inefficient if they attempted to 100% overhaul the AI system before the world mechanics were completed. That isn't to say they can't fix or develop smaller parts of the AI as they go (and they have been), but wide spread changes to the AI aren't a good route to go, yet. As the game changes in large ways, the AI system would need to follow that and could result in much redevelopment each iteration. As it stands, they seem to have a basic AI system that can adapt mostly (just because it isn't ultra complicated) to the changes of the game.

Side note: Did you hear about the guy who lost the left side of his body? He's alright now.

Also... Kraken!

stick with the conversation context if you are going to butt in on it.

Oh i got it, all vehicles have been removed from the game and you now build handlebars, wheels and engine which to attach to your backback so you can ride it to get around faster!

Actually there are no frames. You have to kill another player and install handlebars, engine, and so on to drive around and have a mobile inventory.

It's simply easier that way since players can move around already.

Did this streaming event happen or was it delayed...?

Twigg, Wretched Dollie, and Kumquat from the QA Team will be doing a special stream event during the weekend where they will talk about their experience testing and talk about the changes in A17. These guys know the ins and outs of A17 and are expert players of 7 Days to Die. If you are looking for information and good gameplay be sure to tune in here!

Details on times will come once the actual event dates are known.

Thanks.

....sorry if it has been mentioned, things move kinda rapidly in this thread.

Of course you get tired while aiming. It's the main reason why you don't carry the gun around in the aiming position, because it's not comfortable for the arms. You carry it at rest, or over the shoulder or something.

but not while standing still, in most games you cant run while aiming, and you would have to aim for a few minutes to get tired

Actually there are no frames. You have to kill another player and install handlebars, engine, and so on to drive around and have a mobile inventory.

It's simply easier that way since players can move around already.

Bowel movement CONFIRMED for A17!

My question is: Can a player ♥♥♥♥ bricks now? It would help, both for building and colon health.

*** Edited for public safety.

Specialize in taking keen aim with rifles and wasting your target with a expertly-placed bullet. One shot' date=' one kill."[/quote']

Can I get a reward if I file a bug before experimental is released? ;)

As for those saying play something else, I played to death those games and dont like most of the ones I seen recently. TFP show me some light at the end of this A.17 tunnel.

There are over 27,000 games on Steam alone. 666 zombie games (yikes), 1,108 survival games, 387 crafting games... If you can't find any you like, the problem doesn't lie with TFP. :)

Hey Roland.

I know I'm late to the game of twenty questions but I wanted to try. I thought about your question and the clue you gave us. Bags within bags.

So here it goes.

The new bag system the player starts off with there backpack but then gets to upgrade. Each upgrade not also adds more storage space but another bag to there person. Like a fanny-pack money belt, side pack, even a purse (or man bag lol). Oh and the Satchel.

Well...

Wait what?

What's going on? So many backpack questions. Where's all this coming from?

Have we just established an 'Encumberance' system?

Oh christ..

madmole has always said it's something he wanted to implement. The difficulty was always in how to do it without gimping your character like some games do. Especially when you kinda need to carry a few metric tons of materials around for basic building.

Yeah I guess some weight-based system would make sense. Maybe they can look at Eco, another voxel-based game with some excellent building-systems?

There one can carry around a certain amount of material (based on weight), but it is recommendable to make and use hand-push carts, regular carts, all the way up to diesel-powered dump trucks. Don't know whether such a system is feasible..

The juxtaposition of these three posts is priceless.

LOL...Love it...i just cant stop thinking about the 50 mil...i mean come on its 50 million Dollars....you could fund a small terrorist organization with that much money LOL

On a side note i am looking forward to Alpha 17..so i can start building some new Mods :)

Sounds inefficient if it's not done during the A* calculations?

In theory, pathfinding would be better if using a parallel processor, right? Only reason it's not done that way is because in most games the GPU is throttled to max and little CPU usage. In 7 days, though, that's not the case. So can I ask, have you managed to convert the A* code to use the GPU?

Diagonals aren't part of the pathfinding, they're used to hide that the pathfinding is grid based as far as I know.

If your GPU is doing pathfinding what are you using to do the graphics?

I would like to but....twenty questions would be so much more fun and draw it out so much longer. ;)

Already passed 20 but is worth the try... I hope!

Clothing items/weapons can give temporary perks (or be modded to)? Like a sniper rifle that incresases your dead eye shot by 1 while holding.

Clothing items/weapons can modify buffs/stats (or be modded to)? Like a boot that makes you use less stamina to run.

Archived