Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

But 7d2d still uses only a single core on the CPU, right? So instead of transforming the code to a GPU already in use it would be much easier to just use one of the idle CPU cores.

The A* code already runs on separate threads and is fast, so not a performance issue.

i don't like the look of the new beer fridge. C'mon, tfp, those fridges are always almost completely empty, theres maybe one or 2 beers in it, and its the wasteland, so why does the texture display a full fridge, full of cooled beer, when there is no power to the fridge, and the fridge is mostly empty? shouldn't the texture more be like: https://www.google.at/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjTuq3g0fzdAhU_wAIHHSFoBH8QjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.alamy.com%2Fempty-fridge-bottle-beer-image281984582.html&psig=AOvVaw1OI8-vbR5UptW0MVTdTtSM&ust=1539287181334433

i don't like the look of the new beer fridge. C'mon, tfp, those fridges are always almost completely empty, theres maybe one or 2 beers in it, and its the wasteland, so why does the texture display a full fridge, full of cooled beer, when there is no power to the fridge, and the fridge is mostly empty? shouldn't the texture more be like: https://www.google.at/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjTuq3g0fzdAhU_wAIHHSFoBH8QjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.alamy.com%2Fempty-fridge-bottle-beer-image281984582.html&psig=AOvVaw1OI8-vbR5UptW0MVTdTtSM&ust=1539287181334433

The aliens who created the zombie apocalypse have pity on the wasteland survivors whom they have placed there.

Hmm i thought I heard that the streamers were getting the A17 version and that the E version would be on a beta branch we could access through steam.

Nah. Instead, all those Twitch and YouTube viewers get to watch a buggy, pre-experimental version of the game that, by TFP's own admission, won't be ready for general consumption, or even opt-in-only diehard fan consumption.

But those communities are well known for being forgiving, so I'm sure everything will be fine. Awesome-120110725-22047-1faqsqh.gif

Just watch the Neebs version, they never do anything the right way. You'll get to see it but probably won't learn a darn thing. That's what I plan to do.

I love Neebs, their little episodes always make me laugh.

On a side note, I think MM doesn't want to do videos due to the skyrocketing keyboard budget. It sounds like he smashes the keys so hard that he needs a new board each time he does. :greedy_dollars:

What resolution do you play on with the lowest settings? I play 1920x1080 with mid range settings and my GPU is never pushed. Of course my CPU is a potato. Well not a potato. It's just getting old. 1st gen i7 is showing it's age pretty bad now. So my CPU bottlenecks probably stop me from pushing the GPU much.

I need to pick a new motherboard and buy it so I can get a new CPU at some point but $$$$ :(

I'm gaming at 3440x1440, so the RX 480 isn't quite up to task. Are you monitoring GPU usage with GPU-Z or something similar? It's possibly a bottleneck, do you find your CPU usage capped out at 100% when playing?

1st gen i7's aren't bad if you overclock the nuts off them.

But for a cheap upgrade, chuck a Xeon X5650 or X5675 in it, overclock to at least 4ghz (though they'll do 4.5 all day with a decent cooler) and your PC will love you. :)

Only reason I got rid of mine is because I wanted 8 cores for streaming purposes, but that rig is now in the hands of a friend who absolutely loves it (Xeon X5675, 6-core CPU at 4.5ghz, 24GB RAM, R9 290X GPU).

Ha..if that were the case we'd have people eating glass to respec....

Wait, experience loss is tied to death now? If so cool. TBH, I think that is more intuitive than losing wellness which has always been a quirky system. If the the dev's still want wellness penalties with death, it should be temporary (sub the starting wellness) to prevent people jumping back into combat right away after respawning.

Nah. Instead, all those Twitch and YouTube viewers get to watch a buggy, versipre-experimentalon of the game that, by TFP's own admission, won't be ready for general consumption, or even opt-in-only diehard fan consumption.

But those communities are well known for being forgiving, so I'm sure everything will be fine. Awesome-120110725-22047-1faqsqh.gif

Wrong - it's not a "pre-experimental" version and it also is not unfit for general consumption. It is the same version we as the general public get the following Monday. The only reason they get it first is for advertising. You are here in the forum often enough to know those facts so please stop with the dramatics.

Archived