Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I noticed you can while playing Minecraft with my wife this weekend. She had a chest open, I came up beside opened it, placed a stack of blocks, her view of the chest updated, she grabbed the stack.

It requires having the container system built for multiple concurrent access from the ground up. 7DtD's wasn't. Maybe they'll revisit that and write robust new code, maybe they won't. Definitely not for a17 or they would have been very loudly crowing about it because it's a known irritant for some people.

I never have got that bug, didn't even know about it, lol. But I'd still figure it has something to do with how their system currently runs. Being voxel based and those other games aren't. I'd figure it takes a lot more resources and would possibly slow something down. I don't know fully, and would be glad to be told I'm wrong by a dev, hehe.

Obviously not a dev, but I'm pretty sure voxel has nothing to do with it.

Possible culprit could be a "used" flag for the containers that isn't cleared because of lost network packages or the used-flag clearance command getting processed before the used-flag setting command.

Optimization offer!!!

Madmole, Gazz, Prime, Faatal, a lot of problems with hangs (low fps) in 16 Alpha occur when we are in inventory, forge, chemical. station or concrete mixer. This is due to the automatic sorting of recipes when the available amount of resources for the design of items changes.

Maybe in Alpha 17, you need to disable automatic sorting of recipes and add several sorting options: available for creation, alphabetically, and more?

god knows how many prior alphas that its been part of the discussion. what youre saying is this is a non-proirity thing since before a10? yea its a choice.

Arm chair developers are the best... :jaded:

Anyways, it would be really inefficient if they attempted to 100% overhaul the AI system before the world mechanics were completed. That isn't to say they can't fix or develop smaller parts of the AI as they go (and they have been), but wide spread changes to the AI aren't a good route to go, yet. As the game changes in large ways, the AI system would need to follow that and could result in much redevelopment each iteration. As it stands, they seem to have a basic AI system that can adapt mostly (just because it isn't ultra complicated) to the changes of the game.

Side note: Did you hear about the guy who lost the left side of his body? He's alright now.

Also... Kraken!

A Question from a Prefabber. When building a Library with a lot of Bookshelfes, and you don´t want the Player look in every Bookshelf if it is lootable or have only Faketextures. Have you made an empty Bookshelf, so that you don´t have to use the Bookshelftexture, and you can see if it is empty ?

Yes. I don’t remember which video it is, but they’ve both shown and mentioned a visibly empty version of the bookshelf. I’m looking forward to it, as it will look more appropriate in houses than store shelves, the current best option.

Rest I already have,

I7-6700k

Some 32gigs ram 2300

Fast SSD and HDD

No children

When all gots up would be cool to show us some benchmark results. This is not yet optimised game keep it mindt, you know.

Have fun with the new gpu, some games will be just incredible with this rtx thing.

On backpack capacity.

To me the major annoyance is that 1 small light thing takes up the same room as hundreds of heavy large things.

1 goldenrod flower does not equal 1000 iron. Except in the backpack :)

Not advocating full realism since I don't want to be limited to carrying 10 gallons of water or a single sack of concrete at a time.

Am wondering if it might be an acceptable compromise to have a second bag for just the small/light stuff?

Off the top of my head maybe 12 slots with capped stack sizes so only 100 grass or twenty goldenrod or 50 paper per slot.

Would certainly help reduce all the drop chests :)

On backpack capacity.

To me the major annoyance is that 1 small light thing takes up the same room as hundreds of heavy large things.

1 goldenrod flower does not equal 1000 iron. Except in the backpack :)

Not advocating full realism since I don't want to be limited to carrying 10 gallons of water or a single sack of concrete at a time.

Am wondering if it might be an acceptable compromise to have a second bag for just the small/light stuff?

Off the top of my head maybe 12 slots with capped stack sizes so only 100 grass or twenty goldenrod or 50 paper per slot.

Would certainly help reduce all the drop chests :)

On backpack capacity.

There has been an interesting and recent development in that regard...

Ha, you are a teacher after all. You know how to buy time when the lecture is over but the bell has yet to ring.

1st question: Is it a backpack that is visible on the player? As in customizable backpacks.

1) NO. The backpack isn't customizable nor does the look of it change when viewing a player.

Archived