Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

I think to do that they would have to make it so the body and zombies wouldn't spawn until the player got close to the bag.

I have seen streamers and been on servers where players have died multiple times trying to get to a bag or some other place.

If someone has died say 4 times trying to get back to base or to their bag then that makes 5 bags with zombies around it.

Most times the last 4 are pretty much empty bags that they wouldn't go for anyway.

If those zombie are part of the total count then that is less to torment others.

Now I am also not even sure how bags work anymore. Maybe only the last one stays in world. I know that is the one that shows on map.

Anyhoo, seeing zombies snacking on your dead body seems like a logical thing to see when you get back but if it takes away from zombies spawning elsewhere

then I don't see them adding it.

Wow that was long winded lol.

8 minutes ago, Gamida said:

I think to do that they would have to make it so the body and zombies wouldn't spawn until the player got close to the bag.

I have seen streamers and been on servers where players have died multiple times trying to get to a bag or some other place.

If someone has died say 4 times trying to get back to base or to their bag then that makes 5 bags with zombies around it.

Most times the last 4 are pretty much empty bags that they wouldn't go for anyway.

If those zombie are part of the total count then that is less to torment others.

Now I am also not even sure how bags work anymore. Maybe only the last one stays in world. I know that is the one that shows on map.

Anyhoo, seeing zombies snacking on your dead body seems like a logical thing to see when you get back but if it takes away from zombies spawning elsewhere

then I don't see them adding it.

Wow that was long winded lol.

I get it, just make it the last body all others are bags. Put a time limit on it and it becomes a bag or if the player chooses in settings it deletes and all stuff is lost.

I totally understand you can’t have dozens of corpses with multiple bodies all over the place without there being some kind of performance hit.

On 6/5/2022 at 10:37 AM, danielspoa said:

The game has been oversimplified despite so many people voicing against it; blocks, biomes, weapons, everything. Meanwhile we got stuff like candies that give superpowers and the "improvement" of punching crops instead of collecting them. A lot of decisions just make no sense, and while its 100% up to you to decide what to implement, it really sucks when someone comes and says he knows whats fun. In that sense I have full respect for Rick who came in a stream and actually answered why LBD was gone.

A lot of decisions can seem to make no sense if you don't fully understand the factors that influenced the decision.  The change from using the 'use' button for crop collection to punching them/hitting them with a gathering tool is code driven.

In order to have farming skill affect how many plants appear in your inventory when harvested, the devs needed to change over to 'hitting' rather than 'using'.  It wasn't a frivolous change, it was done in order to reuse the existing salvage functionality so lots of dev effort wasn't wasted creating similar but slightly different functionality from scratch.

Would be awesome if the cars randomly had doors, trunks, and hoods open sometimes. The ones that are open have no loot, just salvageable parts. 

13 hours ago, Evilracc0on said:

6. Bring back behemoths and large threats.

Sounds like great ideas, except for #6. Those large enemies look supernatural. Lets keep it a zombie game, and not tread on, alien/sci-fi territory. Just my 2 cents.

On 6/2/2022 at 1:50 PM, Roland said:

hmm...I'm not so sure about that but I'll see if I can find out. I think that the trader references your loot stage and not where you are at in your magazine hunting. Like I've said, under the new system, I can often craft better than what I can find or buy if I'm lucky and get lots of one magazine type.

I had the same feeling in one of my last playtests.  There were a few occasions where I was very close to unlocking a specific craft which actually convinced me to forgo taking another quest.  Instead, I decided to go explore a specific themed POI in hopes of getting the magazine I needed.

I love how I had to forgo the benefits of questing for something else that I wanted.

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Rabbitslovecactus said:

Would be awesome if we could also open locked damaged doors with holes in them. Just reach in and unlock from the inside knob. This would obviously need a change in the programming so the inside of all doors are always unlocked. Imagine reaching into a hole in the door, only to have your hand grabbed by a zombie and pulled on/bitten. That would really add to the suspense if it happened randomly/rarely.

Zombies hiding under bunk beds. I'm tellin ya...

2 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

As shown in the teaser video, the fire hazards are simply turned off with a valve found somewhere in the POI. No special tools required.

Radiation hazards, "if added", will "mostly likely" have some sort of armor or armor mod to negate or lessen the effects. Not really sure on that one just yet.

I see, well I was hoping the teaster was still very early you know. Maybe the team can read this and overthink it cuz I really think it would be a great opportunity to add some extra side progression to the equipment. But I apprecite the answer thanks!

Some thoughts on customizable difficulty settings I think TFPs should add in A21 or at least before the game is finished. I think most if not all of these would be easy to add options for, since they're already in the game:

1. Loot stage scaling: Give us options on how fast the loot stage increases along with your game stage.

2. Loot TYPE spawn rates: Let us alter how much specific types of loot spawn. E.g. if we want to play with lower ammo, let us choose to decrease ammo drops by 50%. Same thing with food, guns, resources gained from mining, etc.

3. Game stage increase customization: Let us choose how fast the difficulty increases in general. # of days alive currently increases game stage a bit slow for my liking, I'd love the ability to change the impact by something like 30%, so my day 21 horde is more difficult by 30%. You get the idea.

4. Customize screamer hordes: What types of zombies & how many the screamers can spawn.

5. Debuff customization: Let us choose the likelihood of getting each type. For example, I think infection should be a MUCH bigger problem in the game, so I'd like to turn that up to 300%. On the flip side, I think the other debuffs are annoying & not fun, so let me turn them down to 75% of normal. Etc.

6. Dangerous cities: Customize the frequency & number of zombie spawns in cities vs. POIs vs wilderness, etc. 

7. Wandering Hordes: Customize the frequency & number of zeds that spawn in wandering hordes.

8. Damage by hitbox: Customize the percent damage for different regions of the body. Let us choose if we want to play head-shots only (e.g. turn down body shot damage to 20% so we really have to aim for the head).

9. Questing nerfs: Choose how many quest you can do per day/week, and how often the quests reset. Lets us choose how much we want to let the quests rule our playthrough.

10. Biome difficulty: Let us choose just how much MORE difficult each biome should be. For example, I'd love to turn my wasteland into an absolute warzone. 400% difficulty increase over even the snow biome, with an accompanying loot increase. This would essentially turn the wasteland into the 'endgame' that I and many others currently crave.

I'm sure there are more that would be good to add, just can't think of them right now. I know TFPs don't want to make the game harder so they keep it fun for newbies, but please don't ignore us veterans either. This is a great compromise that'll keep us all enjoying the game for a long time to come. I know there are mods for some of these already, but I think these are fundamental for advanced players and so should be in the game. And since TFPs have been tinkering with virtually all of these for a while, the ability to change these settings is clearly present in the software. It should therefore be easy to add an 'advanced options' section of the game menu. Cheers & I'd love to hear any thoughts people have!

Just gonna tag some people so hopefully somebody from the dev team sees this -- @Roland @meganoth @madmole @faatal@Crater Creator

P.s. I'm very excited for A21, hope it lives up to the hype! Thanks for the work you guys do.

12 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

I saw Joel posted this recently on his twitter account, is this a new player model, or a revised version of the old player model from the classic version of the game?FVKJl1RUYAAatcF.thumb.jpg.7e9e92d57138bb10b20550b4a766f562.jpg

Old.  He was just poking fun at Todd Howards' outfit during the recent Starfield gameplay reveal.

16 hours ago, ISPARTACUSI said:

Some thoughts on customizable difficulty settings I think TFPs should add in A21 or at least before the game is finished. I think most if not all of these would be easy to add options for, since they're already in the game:

1. Loot stage scaling: Give us options on how fast the loot stage increases along with your game stage.

2. Loot TYPE spawn rates: Let us alter how much specific types of loot spawn. E.g. if we want to play with lower ammo, let us choose to decrease ammo drops by 50%. Same thing with food, guns, resources gained from mining, etc.

3. Game stage increase customization: Let us choose how fast the difficulty increases in general. # of days alive currently increases game stage a bit slow for my liking, I'd love the ability to change the impact by something like 30%, so my day 21 horde is more difficult by 30%. You get the idea.

4. Customize screamer hordes: What types of zombies & how many the screamers can spawn.

5. Debuff customization: Let us choose the likelihood of getting each type. For example, I think infection should be a MUCH bigger problem in the game, so I'd like to turn that up to 300%. On the flip side, I think the other debuffs are annoying & not fun, so let me turn them down to 75% of normal. Etc.

6. Dangerous cities: Customize the frequency & number of zombie spawns in cities vs. POIs vs wilderness, etc. 

7. Wandering Hordes: Customize the frequency & number of zeds that spawn in wandering hordes.

8. Damage by hitbox: Customize the percent damage for different regions of the body. Let us choose if we want to play head-shots only (e.g. turn down body shot damage to 20% so we really have to aim for the head).

9. Questing nerfs: Choose how many quest you can do per day/week, and how often the quests reset. Lets us choose how much we want to let the quests rule our playthrough.

10. Biome difficulty: Let us choose just how much MORE difficult each biome should be. For example, I'd love to turn my wasteland into an absolute warzone. 400% difficulty increase over even the snow biome, with an accompanying loot increase. This would essentially turn the wasteland into the 'endgame' that I and many others currently crave.

I'm sure there are more that would be good to add, just can't think of them right now. I know TFPs don't want to make the game harder so they keep it fun for newbies, but please don't ignore us veterans either. This is a great compromise that'll keep us all enjoying the game for a long time to come. I know there are mods for some of these already, but I think these are fundamental for advanced players and so should be in the game. And since TFPs have been tinkering with virtually all of these for a while, the ability to change these settings is clearly present in the software. It should therefore be easy to add an 'advanced options' section of the game menu. Cheers & I'd love to hear any thoughts people have!

Just gonna tag some people so hopefully somebody from the dev team sees this -- @Roland @meganoth @madmole @faatal@Crater Creator

P.s. I'm very excited for A21, hope it lives up to the hype! Thanks for the work you guys do.

Only two people in that list are from the dev team and everyone posting ideas here wants the devs to read their posts. Get in line.

While I don't know which options will eventually be in the game I'm sure that stuff like your topic 4 will not be among them, at least not in this detail. You would need a dynamic length list for this or 3 static lists of about 18 entries for each of normal, feral and radiated screamer.  OR some xml (<--- yes, in other words what a mod does). I don't think a multi-page extravaganza options table for just the screamer hordes alone is probable.

Except for 1 and 3 all your option wishes are for a group of options, not a single one, taking much space in the options menue, filling more and more tabs or lengthening the pages so they don't fit on the screen anymore.

This is just a guess (!!!) but I would predict that options will stay as simple as now, mostly yes/no switches or a list of values to select from for relatively global settings.

In a not too distant future 7D2D will have steam workshop integration so that you can simply add or remove mods from a list. Then adding a mod will be as complex as changing an option.

11 hours ago, meganoth said:

Only two people in that list are from the dev team and everyone posting ideas here wants the devs to read their posts. Get in line.

^Yeesh man, I'm just posting my thoughts. I don't consider tagging them to be 'pushy'--there's no need to make it sound like I'm being unreasonable & trying to cut the line. I know full well they'll probably never read anything I say, but a guy can hope.

This is just a guess (!!!) but I would predict that options will stay as simple as now, mostly yes/no switches or a list of values to select from for relatively global settings.

I hope your guess is wrong! That said... ↓

In a not too distant future 7D2D will have steam workshop integration so that you can simply add or remove mods from a list. Then adding a mod will be as complex as changing an option.

This would be good enough for me! Let's hope that day comes soon 😄

-------------

On 6/13/2022 at 7:33 PM, Matt115 said:

Okay , well please don't  call devs, if they will have a while they will read this if this will be not offtopic. I mean people with "orange " nicknames 

To rest - this sounds good but made 1 mistake - loot stage is connected directly with games stage - you have automatic shotgun but you have to deal with feral

2. - sounds reaslitic about group of loot but resources? not rly because of perks

3. As upsters  gamestage is connected wtih lootstage

4. idk if this is connected with gamestage i mean what types of zombie will respawn

5. Ok this can be done

6. Sorry but not - there world limit because number of players - you know preformance

7. ^ this same thing about that but frequency can be done

8. uh....  probably?

9.  There will be some traders nerfs soon so.. what for that

10. There will be silly but important question - what do you mean by difficulty? For X  diffuclty can be  1 zombie can survive 100 headshotes, for another one respawn of feral only for someone tons of mines and traps

Well... hm i think TFP had 3 options- 1. make games for small hardcore group of players - like the forest , Green hell or no more room in hell fans - hard, maybe controversial 2. make this game easier to make group of potential players bigger  and "let" modder to make this harder - as it's looks now 3. mix both and make game for nobody - too "light" for more seriouse setting fans (days gone , tlou), too easy for hardcore players and too hard for "typical" player. So they choose this... and hm... we can complain but it was good decision because 7DTD is still popular on steam - just check 7DTD and green chart --> 7dtd is much  more popular. Well days gone is... dead. Not because it's bad game. It's  dead because people didn't buy it on released and... was more seriouse that most PS games. But well - nothing can be done with that so just use to it

@Matt115 They're OPTIONS dude. You're objecting to TFPs giving people the ability to choose how they want to play. What I want is to be able to choose more variety in my gameplay, you can go ahead and play however you want. You can't say my suggestions would make the game harder/easier, because the point is that you the player would be able to choose how much harder/easier you'd like to play. Your objections don't make sense. 

Edited by ISPARTACUSI
Making it clear I was talking to a different user. (see edit history)

9 hours ago, ISPARTACUSI said:

@Matt115 They're OPTIONS dude. You're objecting to TFPs giving people the ability to choose how they want to play. What I want is to be able to choose more variety in my gameplay, you can go ahead and play however you want. You can't say my suggestions would make the game harder/easier, because the point is that you the player would be able to choose how much harder/easier you'd like to play. Your objections don't make sense. 

"I'm sure there are more that would be good to add, just can't think of them right now. I know TFPs don't want to make the game harder so they keep it fun for newbies, but please don't ignore us veterans either. This is a great compromise that'll keep us all enjoying the game for a long time to come. I know there are mods for some of these already, but I think these are fundamental for advanced players and so should be in the game. And since TFPs have been tinkering with virtually all of these for a while, the ability to change these settings is clearly present in the software. It should therefore be easy to add an 'advanced options' section of the game menu. Cheers & I'd love to hear any thoughts people have!"

second part of my comment is to this part of you comment. 

20 hours ago, meganoth said:

Except for 1 and 3 all your option wishes are for a group of options, not a single one, taking much space in the options menue, filling more and more tabs or lengthening the pages so they don't fit on the screen anymore.

Personally, I would hope that the options would be made simpler than they currently are. The current multi-tab options page is overkill for the casual player.

If I had my druthers, the pages of current options would be replaced by a simple drop-down list with a handful of named pre-defined option sets on it and a "Custom" button.

Most people can then simply select one of the pre-defined option sets from the drop-down; and it's only if someone wants the added complexity that they'd choose "Custom" and go into the tabs to set all the options by hand. Ideally, of course, they'd then be able to save their custom set of options with a name and it would be added to the drop-down so they can select the same custom set again without having to go through setting all the options by hand.

10 hours ago, ISPARTACUSI said:

^Yeesh man, I'm just posting my thoughts. I don't consider tagging them to be 'pushy'--there's no need to make it sound like I'm being unreasonable & trying to cut the line. I know full well they'll probably never read anything I say, but a guy can hope.

Ah, sorry, I forgot to add a smiley, the "get in line" is just a "classic" reply but was meant merely tongue-in-cheek. No harm done, such details are impossible to know for relatively new users.

The information is real though, I heard at least one dev mention they have to ignore Notifications because they get too many.

10 hours ago, ISPARTACUSI said:

I hope your guess is wrong! That said... ↓

This would be good enough for me! Let's hope that day comes soon 😄

16 minutes ago, A Nice Cup of Tea said:

Personally, I would hope that the options would be made simpler than they currently are. The current multi-tab options page is overkill for the casual player.

Sure, but what hinders a casual player to ignore the options page, except for setting overall difficulty?

16 minutes ago, A Nice Cup of Tea said:

If I had my druthers, the pages of current options would be replaced by a simple drop-down list with a handful of named pre-defined option sets on it and a "Custom" button.

Most people can then simply select one of the pre-defined option sets from the drop-down; and it's only if someone wants the added complexity that they'd choose "Custom" and go into the tabs to set all the options by hand. Ideally, of course, they'd then be able to save their custom set of options with a name and it would be added to the drop-down so they can select the same custom set again without having to go through setting all the options by hand.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, Viktoriusiii said:

As always!
Great concept... but they had to f*** it up with scripted zombieSpawns/wake ups.
*sigh* why do I even bother :(

It is a WIP, they could spawn elsewhere or even not. Let`s see it first ;) 

3 hours ago, beerfly said:

It is a WIP, they could spawn elsewhere or even not. Let`s see it first ;) 

Oh to be young and hopeful again :D

But seriously:
I'm not basing it off this video... but on basicially every environmental feature in the last 3 updates.
They all now spawn zombies or wake them up without any good reason (the only good one is the large generator... because it makes sense AND it spawns them far away!)