Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

Do I have to be concerned that bandits, water overhaul, armor/clothing upgrade and stuff isn't listed,

and therefore - following Rolands statement - maybe not being implemented or at least postponed further to A22+?

edit:

my bad, bandits were never before spoken of being ready-to-play implemented in A21,

so scrap that.

the rest can still be found as "pushed to A21" on the 1st page of A20 dev diary, so maybe correct it there too?

Anyway, good luck for this thread staying as on topic as its predessecor 

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

Do I have to be concerned that bandits, water overhaul, armor/clothing upgrade and stuff isn't listed,

and therefore - following Rolands statement - maybe not being implemented or at least postponed further to A22+?

Anything is possible regarding punting features to a future alpha so those particular items that got punted from A20 won't get a listing until a developer comes on and says they are definitely in. Given that we already have three bandit models shown we can feel pretty confident about that but I'm not going to add it until a dev comments and confirms. :)

I don't want to edit the first page of the A20 dev diary because if I do make it a more nebulous statement and remove the statement that they were pushed to A21, a whole bunch of people will read into that a whole bunch of meaning I'm not intending to convey. It is true that those features did get delayed to A21 and if they get finished in time they will be in A21 but if they don't then it will be A22. So we will leave that A20 list as it is and only add those items once a dev confirms that they are finished to a point that their inclusion in A21 is assured.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, Roland said:

Given that we already have three bandit models shown we can feel pretty confident about that but I'm not going to add it until a dev comments and confirms. :)

then consider it confirmed by The Chief Big MM Joel himself:

...oh I know he already regrets he did that 😄

• Roland pinned this topic
28 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

then consider it confirmed by The Chief Big MM Joel himself:

The big chief MM Joel approved this thread the way it is currently worded before I unhid it. :) I'm positive bandits will be added to the list before too long but not yet. They released video and screenshots of the drone before A18 and then delayed it to A19 so regardless of the twitter post I'm going to wait.

8 minutes ago, Morloc said:

Will LBD be coming back?

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

tbh i would love to have a slider on whether lbd is on or off like having 2 different skill types for the game it would be very cololbut i dont think its possible for example lbd could say within an option enables classic progression with classic skills  and then the other is disabled being the current skill system i dunno if this could be done but it would be amazing

1 hour ago, Morloc said:

Will LBD be coming back?

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

Joel doesn't like it, and as he said in the A17 time, he knows whats fun for the community 🤷‍♂️
I asked in one of the more recent streams, I think A19 preview, and Rick was much nicer about it. He explained the issues they had with it and that it was unlikely to return. He gave a "maybe" if they found a good way to reimplement it in the future.

We have mods to somewhat reimplement it. Unfortunately we can't bring the same interface or some of the features from it back as code was removed.

Regarding the issues, I think LBD was much nicer for the weapon and tool usage than for crafting and other stuff - that I fully agree was weird and more of a spam mechanic -.

Finally, we had a time we were spamming about it (pretty sure it was A17 diary) and so we were asked to not discuss this further. Thats why Im condensing this much in a single post. My apologies for the long text.

Daniel S.

ps. For a21 I really hope for the water rework, tho the vehicles look nice

5 hours ago, Matt115 said:

@Roland - new armor system pushed into A21 so could you add this to the list because it was in A20 road map as " 20) Character Overhaul - Pushed to A21"

Not until it is actually confirmed as clinched for A21 by a developer. If it ends up getting punted again then I'd rather not add it at all. Patience. The features of A21 will be added when the developers reveal them. Until then, nothing is being transfered from the old list to the new list and if it hurts to read the old list because it says something got pushed to A21 and it isn't showing up here....well.....the solution is to stop reading the old list.

4 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

The rusty/chipped paint look on cars makes me wonder lore-wise how much time has passed since the apocalypse for it to get into this condition

Also Texas license plates! Interesting, they must be visiting Arizona :) (unless RWG maps aren't necessarily in Arizona? I'm probably looking too much into it)

The Fun Pimps are headquartered in Texas. It's a reference to them.

9 hours ago, Roland said:

I wonder if any of those new vehicles are based off of one of their cars then 😆

6 hours ago, danielspoa said:

oh, you are removing anything regarding "that" question? cool. At least be open with the community that we are free to give input .. as long as its to agree 🥲

I believe some stuff got moved to the A21 overflow thread

8 hours ago, danielspoa said:

oh, you are removing anything regarding "that" question? cool. At least be open with the community that we are free to give input .. as long as its to agree 🥲

Don't feel persecuted. :)

Anything that is off-topic to Alpha 21 development is going to get moved here. LBD is definitely NOT going to be an aspect of Alpha 21 (or any future alpha) for this game. I think we have been extremely open about that with the community. Most people get it but there are a few who turn a blind eye to the many statements that LBD is gone for good and keep bringing it up as if there is a chance of changing someone's mind who can do anything about it. There are LBD mods so that is your option.

To be clear, you are welcome to keep bringing it up here in general discussions but the Alpha 21 thread is a focused thread for A21 features, of which, LBD is not one. I felt I was really open and clear that off-topic subjects would  be moved to this thread. I'm really not sure how much more open with the community I can be in this regard. Nobody said you had to agree with TFP in order to post. Feel free to post away your undying love for LBD as long as it isn't in the Alpha 21 Dev Diary thread. LBD is off topic there. Period.

10 minutes ago, Roland said:

Most people get it but there are a few who turn a blind eye to the many statements that LBD is gone for good and keep bringing it up as if there is a chance of changing someone's mind who can do anything about it.

There are also people...(mind you, these are generally intelligent, charismatic, rather attractive paragons of virtue who occasionally share their wisdom with our community 🤠😎😇:angel:),

who will raise the corpse :ghost: of LBD as a joke 🤡 from time to time.
A tribute to the many fallen in that awesome, bloody battle of yore.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

14 minutes ago, Morloc said:

There are also people...(mind you, these are generally intelligent, charismatic, rather attractive paragons of virtue who occasionally share their wisdom with our community 🤠😎😇:angel:),

who will raise the corpse :ghost: of LBD as a joke 🤡 from time to time.
A tribute to the many fallen in that awesome, bloody battle of yore.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

And the reward for displaying humor of that magnitude is to attain the vaunted position of being the first post removed from dev diary ushering in the ever popular overflow thread.

Bask in the prestige!

:)

11 hours ago, Roland said:

Not until it is actually confirmed as clinched for A21 by a developer. If it ends up getting punted again then I'd rather not add it at all. Patience. The features of A21 will be added when the developers reveal them. Until then, nothing is being transfered from the old list to the new list and if it hurts to read the old list because it says something got pushed to A21 and it isn't showing up here....well.....the solution is to stop reading the old list.

Next time maybe just say POSTPONED instead of presuming a specific alpha?

1 hour ago, dcsobral said:

Next time maybe just say POSTPONED instead of presuming a specific alpha?

maybe...

Thing is that those items very probably WILL be done in A21. But that doesn't mean I'm going to add them right now in the first 24 hrs of starting the thread that will stretch out for months to come.

This time maybe just show PATIENCE instead of presuming a specific outcome? (just because I haven't listed them....yet.)

@Roland

sorry to tell you but like 99% of the time it will go like this:

-Forum user klicks at the "news and announcements" forum section as usual to check for any updates

-"YEAH, there's finally a A21 dev diary thread!"...*klick*..."lets check out the 1st post for the upcoming feature list"

-eyes immediately and only caught by the big text font size part "confirmed features"

-Reaction: "OMG WHAT? Where's bandits? Where's water overhaul? just some new POIs and decorative car models? You kidding?"

-*immediate klick on comment to ask about where stuff is gone*

So I really hope for you "the good stuff" will be added really soon,

because until then you will just spent lots of time explaining the decision to "hide" unconfirmed features.

Please don't blame us, we are what we are....news-starved, impatient addicts 🤗