Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

1 hour ago, Viktoriusiii said:

<snip>

Many things in game are about to be balanced further, but many are added at the same time also.

Lets give the Pimps time, we`ve been playing this game in most of it`s stages (and boy did we had fun) and we still will. 🤘

On 6/15/2022 at 8:31 AM, A Nice Cup of Tea said:

Personally, I would hope that the options would be made simpler than they currently are. The current multi-tab options page is overkill for the casual player.

If I had my druthers, the pages of current options would be replaced by a simple drop-down list with a handful of named pre-defined option sets on it and a "Custom" button.

Most people can then simply select one of the pre-defined option sets from the drop-down; and it's only if someone wants the added complexity that they'd choose "Custom" and go into the tabs to set all the options by hand. Ideally, of course, they'd then be able to save their custom set of options with a name and it would be added to the drop-down so they can select the same custom set again without having to go through setting all the options by hand.

I see what you mean and agree--I was sort of operating under the assumption that they'd do exactly what you're suggesting. A 'normal settings' page, and then a separate 'for advanced users' section for all the stuff I suggested.

over analyzing things. :)

the system is undergoing constant adjustment thru testing at regular basis in a21.

some will like the change and some will not... some will adapt, while others refuse to. :)

and then we have those doubting thomas' :)

43 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

over analyzing things. :)

the system is undergoing constant adjustment thru testing at regular basis in a21.

some will like the change and some will not... some will adapt, while others refuse to. :)

and then we have those doubting thomas' :)

Can I be all of the above?  😉

I, for one, am looking forward to these changes  😁

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the perks alter the drops of the magazines?  So if you wanted to try and gain magazines for say pistols, you would look for locations with a higher percentage of shotgun messiah crates.  You can also perk into gunslinger which improves the odds of those drops.  So the system as explained to us at this point (and subject to change before we get our hands on it) rewards those who specialize in specific perks, but doesn't lock that person out of the other crafting skills.

Yeah i forget about "crate types"

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

If I am understanding the system correctly (and we are only getting hints at it now), looting specific crates will reward magazines associated with those crates (i.e. weapon magazines for shotgun messiah crates).  If you perk into specific perks (say Gunslinger), you will see more gunslinger magazines when you loot the shotgun crates, but still see other weapon crafting magazines in those crates.  You won't be seeing magazines for crafting tools though unless you open a Working Stiffs crate.

The original question that Laz answered was about building POIs.  Some POIs are specific to a brand (for example Working Stiffs) which is why when you loot them today, you see a lot of Working Stiff crates in them.  Other POIs are more random (for example houses) so you should see more variation.  However, deep down it all depends on how the POI designer assigns the types of crates to that POI.

So if you are looking for magazines that would be found in a PassNGas crate (vehicle crafting for example), your odds of finding the PassNGas crate in a Shotgun Messiah store is low, but high if you are looting a Gas station or car dealership.  If the POI was setup with a random crate placeholder (for example a house POI), you would just have a random chance of getting the PassNGas crate.

yeah i undestand that now, well crates are some type of solution

Amongst the updates i was thinking some easy to make suggestions could massively help,   

======================= Suggestion ===========================

*Shape favoriting system

,favorited items in separate craft window

,easy adding of textures for paintbrush ----->>  i think with this one it should be server sided on 7days for acceptables and none acceptables and people should be able to pick and choose textures like a workshop to load into the game so the server they are on doesn't need the a whole mod for textures and we can safely monitor .imgs we wouldn't want someone posting actually crap.

, placeable poi scrolls ----> assortations of favorited shape items in amount as well as and including any workbench the bed function when placed  a fully place downable blueprint of a building made and saved and put onto the same system as above for textures but be a placeable object where u can buy peoples blueprints of bases across servers. with time spent online points so we dont have the attack of auto builders. and still require the amount of material it cost to build shapes etc but be being placed as if it was its own  poi but its the blueprint u just synthesized and farmed for.  i was thinking it take its time placing itself down while u clear the blocks around so it can continue or do red see threw mimic shapes u can paint roll shapes and items onto after getting the blueprint and have building contest this way and it will also give room for a explosion of new poi. and a poi save box u can expand 

u could live stream new parcel system this pushing out new furniture and items this way.  ^^^ release new themes and accept moders themes

skin system focused on dukes fiber cloth and time spent in game [unlocks for all servers]

[your own personal craft in game menu for the skins]   [hat belt bookbag shoes pants glasses shirts socks earrings rings] [full characters]   <---- workshop for moders to expose new skins and full characters

x10 ring system   [findable rings that add buffs]     

buffs like 

+ 20 food 

+ 20 water

+ 5 radiation bleed for 5 seconds [25dmg total] only equip able once

+ 1 - 15 health  only equipable x7

+ 0.15 - +0.99 hp per second only equipable x5

+ 0.1 -to- 2%  block rate only equipable x5 

+ 0.10% -to- 1% hp percent only equpiable x6

zombification veil  -  instant 100hp unable to use guns or melee weapons  drops bag as zombie egg with 5000 hp

+500% melee dmg and  +65% stun chance  Speed -28%      [light armor suggested for attack] 
sneak speed hunt mode = unable to melee at all while in sneak AND for 3 minutes only  uncrouch to cancel speed as dog running like zombie +100% movement speed  12minute cooldown movement snarls so players know this player is in this mode 

can sacrifice hp for stamina or stamina for hp 2-1 converting for both so  2stam = 1hp   2hp = 1stam 

heavy craft  zombies still attack you.

i beleive the picture of the red door means alot of decorative add ons but i was wondering if adding every item that exsists in a poi as a craftable for player and for admin so admin poi toolbox compaired to player placed toolbox where poi one would act accordingly and have a item roll pop up for what u want to pop up in it regradless of loot rates or perks like a drop down menu for item rolls in the box itself in a poi while admin is on its server. and maybe a indirect file that is saving the map edit of the server for fresh wipes ? 

6 hours ago, Slingblade2040 said:

Will the zombie loot bags be getting a nerf? They still feel like they drop way to often maybe if they dropped half as often? Just kinda silly having a ton of yellow or blue bags all over the place after Horde night. 

Well, there aren't that many at all, and the amount of loot itself can be reduced in the starting options, so no biggie. 

12 hours ago, ForSeenRebel said:

[snip]

*Shape favoriting system

,favorited items in separate craft window

[/snip]

please, this would be incredible. I frequent between about six block types when looting/building and they're all in different menus, going back and forth is a right PITA sometimes!

Farming at a loss.

I have started farming again and noticed an issue. My skills in farming are: Living off the land, Forager. Despite that I am still not able to harvest seeds when I harvest my crops.  Most of the time I get four units of whatever crop I happen to farm. However, I need 5 units of that same crop to make a seed. 

I may get a seed but most of the time I am at a loss. 

Any chance you can make it so either it only takes 2 crops to make a seed or harvest a seed every time I harvest a crop please?

Thanks

12 hours ago, sillls said:

Farming at a loss.

I have started farming again and noticed an issue. My skills in farming are: Living off the land, Forager. Despite that I am still not able to harvest seeds when I harvest my crops.  Most of the time I get four units of whatever crop I happen to farm. However, I need 5 units of that same crop to make a seed. 

I may get a seed but most of the time I am at a loss. 

Any chance you can make it so either it only takes 2 crops to make a seed or harvest a seed every time I harvest a crop please?

Farming is now a kind of gamble. You get back on average in 50% of the seeds and at level 2 of Living of the Land you have a 50% chance of harvesting an extra crop.

It's basically like a series of coin flips. You can be lucky several times in a row or unlucky several times in a row but in the long run it should average out at 50% success rate.

Therefore, you should not start with just one seed. My base stock is always at least 5 seeds and I always convert the whole harvest into seeds until I have at least 10 plants.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Farming is now a kind of gamble

farming as it is now sucks tbh

saying that, there are soooo many pois stuffed full of corn and taters that it doesnt really matter for food.

however, super corn for those learning elixirs etc is another story. and shrooms. can never have enough shrooms.

most of the rest are everywhere anyway.

heres a brave stance. why not remove farming altogether and free up the bandwidth for more fun stuff. like shooting whilst a passenger in a vehicle. i have no idea if they are linked of course, but would be thrilled to be enlightened on what limits things like only 5 vehicles, 15 or so zombies, 4 or 5 weapons per class etc. godamn it i want a katana.

1 hour ago, NukemDed said:

farming as it is now sucks tbh

It is certainly more complex now than it was in A19, but compared to the times when water was needed for the plants to grow, it has become much easier.

I started with A15. At that time you didn't get any seeds back at all. You always had to convert part of your harvest back into seeds and to increase the yield you had to apply fertilizer made from rotten meat, nitrate and clay.

saying that, there are soooo many pois stuffed full of corn and taters that it doesnt really matter for food.

For single player the amount of food you find is sufficient but in multiplayer you need a reliable food source.

however, super corn for those learning elixirs etc is another story. and shrooms. can never have enough shrooms.

I need Supercorn mainly for glue. The nice thing about mushrooms is that they don't need farm plots. I just plant them on the wall and ceiling.

heres a brave stance. why not remove farming altogether and free up the bandwidth for more fun stuff. like shooting whilst a passenger in a vehicle. i have no idea if they are linked of course, but would be thrilled to be enlightened on what limits things like only 5 vehicles, 15 or so zombies, 4 or 5 weapons per class etc. godamn it i want a katana.

Farming certainly doesn't eat up much of the developers' time. The change from A19 to A20 was probably nothing more than a few changes in the XML files.

And what's fun is different for everyone. For me mindless violence is not fun. Building a huge base, on the other hand, is. And farming is a relaxing activity for me.

3 hours ago, NukemDed said:

heres a brave stance. why not remove farming altogether and free up the bandwidth for more fun stuff. like shooting whilst a passenger in a vehicle. i have no idea if they are linked of course

You didn't hear this from me, but over several Alphas, TFP talked about increasing network support to 500 players, optimizing the game for PvP, bringing back LBD, ziplines, adding millions of guns, and bringing the game to Gold status 3 years ago.  Unfortunately, they decided to allocate all their bandwidth to farming (it's true, did you see the latest model for the tractor?  7D2D - The Farming simulator is just around the corner).....

😂

5 hours ago, Diragor said:

I like how farming is. just spend 3 points into Lotl and get at least 5 plants growing. Thats not very hard getting 3 points into it

I'm neutral about the current farming. I don't start farming until I have a bunch of farm plots and 3 points in Living Off the Land, at which point the farming mini-game is a sure thing. I'm usually around level 40 or higher.

The assumption that prior to that point I might plant 1-2 seeds and use them to make a nice single meal doesn't ever pan out. Saving up to make a single nice meal never happens as I eat the canned ingredients, plus I probably don't have the skill/schematic to make the nice meal. That is, I'm not going to put a second point in Cooking until I have a steady supply of the ingredients from a farm. Instead, I tuck away that seed for later so that once I have Living Off the Land, I can plant 5+ of each seed.

Having to replant is kind of tedious, but a bit of a silver lining is that it is convenient to change the ratio of what I'm growing between harvests.

My biggest complaint is that I have to remember to carry a stack of Clay so that I can craft Mushroom seeds when replanting. No other seed needs Clay. I'm not sure why mushrooms are the exception. Why not either all seeds require Clay or no seeds require Clay? Something to ponder, I guess, while replanting.

24 minutes ago, zztong said:

My biggest complaint is that I have to remember to carry a stack of Clay so that I can craft Mushroom seeds when replanting. No other seed needs Clay. I'm not sure why mushrooms are the exception. Why not either all seeds require Clay or no seeds require Clay? Something to ponder, I guess, while replanting.

I think that is the cost to being able to plant them anywhere, compared to all of the other crops requiring farm plots.  For me, that was always an acceptable trade off as I only need clay for them, and I can plant them on any unused wall or ceiling in my base.

6 hours ago, NukemDed said:

I can appreciate the sentiment, I don't end up doing a ton of farming in game. That said, some people really like it and overall it does add to the survival aspect of the game. That is first and foremost what this game is meant to be. I think cutting it out would be a disservice to that goal. 

And even though I don't do it myself very much, I have friends that love that aspect and it adds to the atmosphere for me even. Like, I know we as a team have a farm going and to be working to help our situation by finding seeds and other things to help the farmer on the team.

10 hours ago, NukemDed said:

<sigh> farming just need rebalance and it will be good enough. And change 7dtd into mad max with zombies is even worst idea

10 minutes ago, Games&#x27;n&#x27;Grumble said:

And can you tell us in general about the optimization in the new version of the game? In addition to optimizing window frames, will there be additional innovations? For example CPU threads, reduced framerate on remote LOD models, batching/instancing, or anything else?
(by the way, I conducted an experiment and knocked out about 400 window frames in one of the skyscrapers, replacing them with bulletproof glass plates. As a result, the FPS has grown from 44 to 60 in ultra quality. I think there would be more, but window frames are now in almost all houses in large numbers, and I playing with vsync)

I saw your video about it and, it made me very hopeful that TFP will do it on all the glasses. :)

14 hours ago, Diragor said:

I like how farming is. just spend 3 points into Lotl and get at least 5 plants growing. Thats not very hard getting 3 points into it

dont get me wrong, i do farm a bit, but unless i am doing the fort tree already, then it is way more than the 3 lotl points, you have to jack up fort itself to be able to spend the three.

i do keep and plant seeds, and usually get lotl 1 at least, seems a cheap way to double the harvest, but always have to supplement food production with raiding farms etc.

no parts of the game are hard in themselves, you just cant have it all. and thats fine by me.

i have learnt though that you should check every loot container, salvage as much as you can and keep everything! one of the joys is to finally get a vehicle with decent storage and go out at night and pick up all the non urgent stuff that accumulates in the dump chests around and about, then make nice big organised stacks back home 🙂 yes i am a hoarder...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_uA4dA110

Guns, Nerds + Steel started a new series using the Undead Legacy modpack.

There's some changes that I really would love to see integrated for the upcoming A21. Namely how it handles recipes to make it less entirely RNG dependent. I dont think there would need to be any special tables apart from the existing work bench maybe but in a nutshell it's a research station to be able to make recipes by scrapping found ones for a resource called 'research data'

This same concept could easily apply to the upcoming skill magazine system and would make me a lot more open to it. 

The fully UI'd fallout 3 lockpicking minigame tho with modern features you'd want and expect is also pretty great. 

Edited by Telly G (see edit history)

10 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I think that is the cost to being able to plant them anywhere, compared to all of the other crops requiring farm plots.  For me, that was always an acceptable trade off as I only need clay for them, and I can plant them on any unused wall or ceiling in my base.

Oh yeh, I hadn't thought about that. I always plant them in farm plots because ... well, I dunno. It makes me happy.

I used to farm when fertilizer was in the game, but thats no more.

Also now you HAVE to use "farm plots" to do anything, so no more having your own corn field!

I like farm plots but the removal of planting in the DIRT was odd 

Farming is just super dull now with little reward, at this point if it was removed i wouldn't notice or care. Sucks because it was a fun part of the game when i had nothing better to do id just go out and make a farm.