Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

There are some potential consequences...😁

I vote we have Rolland try wrenching it...😁

Hey, I'm game. After all, as of A20.5 mines can be picked up using your wrench so there needs to be something to replace that joke.

7 hours ago, ISPARTACUSI said:

Hey TFPs, first post here but I'm a long-time player (~1500 hours). I have some thoughts/suggestions I'd like to share for A21 and the future of the game. Long post but please at least read the first 4; they're easy tweaks that will almost certainly be improvements:

1. In regards to the alpha 21 talk about magazines--that's awesome, I'm 100% on board. It will dramatically improve how enjoyable it is to loot grind. Currently crafting gets a bit boring after ~lvl 30 b/c after you get the first and only book that gives you a skill, that's it. You're done and never need that book again. So after around level 30 or so, you pretty much have everything in the game. This will make it worth going out to loot & do more stuff; it's a good change!

2. ↑ THAT SAID--I personally think you should go back to making combat skills only based on learn-by-doing. I.e. you get better with bows by using bows, and as your character levels up you get points that can be spent on perks that modify/give you new abilities with bows. Think of the learn-by-doing aspect as like the "base skill" for a certain combat type, and the perks open up as you gain skill in that combat type. In the current game set-up, this would be comparable to leveling up the "Attribute: Agility" skill by killing zeds with knives & arrows, then unlocking more perks to spend skill points on in that tree as the Agility Attribute levels up. I think a lot of people don't like the idea of spending magical points to master a weapon you've never touched before overnight, just because you have the skill points available.

3. The next thing to work on is the questing. The tier 4 & 5 quests get repetitive after a while because there are so few of them. You should add something to make it worth going back to the tier 1-3's (like maybe "elite" versions of those quests where you get much harder zeds, or increased number of zeds in exchange for better rewards).

4. You should add an extra-difficult quest between each quest tier that is required before you move on to the next tier. One thought is to have to defend the trader outpost against a zed horde. This would slow progression and expand long-term playability b/c you'd have to prepare for the quest before tackling it, rather than blasting through all the tiers & essentially beating the game before day 14.

----↑ Stuff to consider sooner rather than later ↑----

----↓ Longer-term stuff that can wait a bit ↓----

5. Bring back/elaborate on "defend the location" quests. Hordes are awesome, and we want more of them. It's a lot more fun to play against large NUMBERS of zombies as opposed to a small number of bullet-sponge zombies. I know that's hard to accomplish computing-power-wise without optimization, but it would be a fantastic addition to the game (a zombie "horde" of 10 isn't really a zombie horde. Not a threat. A zombie horde of 100 all at once is worth taking seriously).

6. Give us more customizability and gameplay modes/options. For example, the "more dangerous cities" and "wandering hordes" mods are awesome; they really add a challenge to the game that isn't there anymore in vanilla. Give us the option to customize stuff like that without needing mods!

7. Add larger variety in quest types. As suggestion 5 said, "defend the location" quests would be great. Other options include some kind of "repair the building/fortify" quest, a "sneak only/remain undetected" quest, a "find these ingredients & I'll give you something cool" quest, a "boss-zombie hunt" quest, or any number of other things. Maybe a "timed completion parkour" quest in the form of saving someone who's trapped?

8. Add more rare, loot-only items to the endgame. They should leave all the essential stuff like guns as crafting or trader-based, but add some random rare items that you can get in no other way except high-end quest rewards and rare loot box rewards. Stuff like special clothing items, the drone (I think the cargo mods are OP), maybe a special vehicle, a katana, ultra rare but cool skill perk books, a dog companion, and some easter-eggs. And I really want a lawn-mower added to the game.

9.  Add some rare environmental hazards. Lightning-strikes, radiation, tornados, locusts, rabbits that eat your crops, food rot/decay, etc. Heck, maybe even rainbows--Just gives the game some variety.

10. Greater zombie attack variety--zeds that infect with a single hit, zeds that grab you & slow you down, zombie children, zombie elderly, zeds with specific weak spots or requiring different tactics to beat, dessicated/barely moving zeds that look like corpses but attack if you get too close, rare/boss zombies, maybe some tunneling zeds, you get the idea. The most important thing in a zombie game is... the zombies. Can't let them get boring, so give them variety!

You ever ask some hot chick a question and some random dude just busts into your conversation and answer as if you were talking to him??

1.Cool. Me too

2. Personally I can see why TFP does not like LBD but to be honest you have a point here.  Maybe if you only get xp for doing that actually kills something thought, no shooting arrows into the air.  

3. Why not just raid a TV POI without the quest? 

4. More content and variety, sounds good to me.

5. I like it!

6. cool but maybe a diminished return on this one. 

7. Also cool but now I am starting to feel like it's a different game that I have played before.  

8. A Cuban cigar that gives you +2 to strength and even better prices at the trader!

9. Radiation so I can finally be happy to see a Haz Mat suit in zombie loot bag

10. Variety is the spice of (un)life.  But NO zombie kids, and geriatric zombies just sounds kinda silly to me. 

1 hour ago, Lord Morphleyes said:

You ever ask some hot chick a question and some random dude just busts into your conversation and answer as if you were talking to him??

What? If that's supposed to be a dig, it got lost in translation lol. On the flip side, if you're supposed to be the "random dude" who's popping in to give their views in this scenario then nah man, I posted it so it would get talked about! Love to hear your thoughts

1 hour ago, Lord Morphleyes said:

10. Variety is the spice of (un)life.  But NO zombie kids, and geriatric zombies just sounds kinda silly to me. 

Hey now, old people die & reanimate too y'know. I'm just trying to be inclusive of the elderly xD

On 5/23/2022 at 6:23 AM, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

@meganoth I mean because they can easily see Ip and port basically hackers can exploit that. Something got control of my server tower which I only used to host 7 days to die because 7 days to die does nothing to protect the host on ports visibility and ip. I managed at one point to anger a full hacker group who joined the public server I was hosting. At the time I never considered losing my entire network to cheaters.

They used two major points of attack

- Cable haunt : previously may 2019 an exploit which allowed bad actors to overwrite modem bios in this case linksys xfinity variants.

- Powershell Backdoor : Hacker Group Used Kilara Linux to absorb access to all pcs on network. PS they used the handle 3y3 at the end of their names; mind you this info is probably useless now. 

How they found me specifically; 7 Days to die. I only had things opened for 7 days to die. The bigger issue is because the game at the time had 0 end to end encryption and basically blasted my ip the individuals had sniffers and attacked the network the game was hosted on. At this point honestly my game play will never be public on my home network because it is too risky.

Damage they did

- Dropped Payloads on all electronics. (Yes I mean that litterally aside from switch all phones pc and tablets had been poisoned by a remote control hacker payload.)

- The original tower that was hosting the game got bios firmware hacked. Hackers even mocked me by spoofing a drive and making so board had a false ameritrends bios version. 

- The Final Nail was even after I got rid of all malicious code flash and flushed all electronics (1 Week of Work) I was ddosd.

In summation - the server hosting software as is as actually very prone to being dangerous.

Solution - If you have the people set of the server like normal but you encrypt ip info and ports but you assign a hash to each server and keep what the hash points to encrypted then as long users all use the server browser then people should be able to safely host servers with no possibility of a hacker being able to know what ave the server is set up as.

unknown.png
This is all you need to attack an every day user.

7DaysToDie_4t2bMh2ssN.png

I hope this helps illuminate how dangerous hosting this game is. I am going to bed. Do what you will with my nightmare I lived. I just know that this game has security flaws on top of the other stuff.

Update: After doing some networking research this was a result of my ignorance. I left ports open even when un-attended. I have since then figured out how to properly host servers without risking my network. I am sorry I blamed TFP

- Make sure you lock ports to only being functional when using the application

- Block port scanners through something like Bitdefender or other software that explicitly denies port scanning.

- Use random ports not recommended defaults.

- Do some pen testing against your own server.

10 hours ago, Lord Morphleyes said:

Check no more room in hell and no more room in hell 2 ( at least trailer ). This don't look silly - this looks logical and suits to 7dtd good

10 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

My thoughts on this may not be original, but to add to the voices:

• The designer in me instantly wants to know what happens if I destroy the pipeline between the valve and the fire. I look forward to finding the answer... and I appreciate how in any other game the answer would be, "What? You can't just break the pipe anywhere you want. It's just a game, don't expect so much."
  • It feels off that closing the valve, so that something making noise makes less noise, wakes up the zombies. It would help plausibility if, instead of a tiny pfft sound, there was a more jarring sound, like an exaggerated metallic shudder of the valve shutting.
  • If you have the art budget to do that... could you please revisit the flamethrower trap concept? :flame:Nothing fancy, just a big open flame like this that consumes gas when turned on. Dungeon crawling is great, but crafters & builders want to enjoy fire hazards, too!

1. Well a lot of things change now- i theory it can be done that if you destroy pipeline it will explode ( pressure after new hole)

2. yep

3. Yeah this could be grade

18 hours ago, ISPARTACUSI said:

Hey TFPs, first post here but I'm a long-time player (~1500 hours). I have some thoughts/suggestions I'd like to share for A21 and the future of the game. Long post but please at least read the first 4; they're easy tweaks that will almost certainly be improvements:

1. In regards to the alpha 21 talk about magazines--that's awesome, I'm 100% on board. It will dramatically improve how enjoyable it is to loot grind. Currently crafting gets a bit boring after ~lvl 30 b/c after you get the first and only book that gives you a skill, that's it. You're done and never need that book again. So after around level 30 or so, you pretty much have everything in the game. This will make it worth going out to loot & do more stuff; it's a good change!

2. ↑ THAT SAID--I personally think you should go back to making combat skills only based on learn-by-doing. I.e. you get better with bows by using bows, and as your character levels up you get points that can be spent on perks that modify/give you new abilities with bows. Think of the learn-by-doing aspect as like the "base skill" for a certain combat type, and the perks open up as you gain skill in that combat type. In the current game set-up, this would be comparable to leveling up the "Attribute: Agility" skill by killing zeds with knives & arrows, then unlocking more perks to spend skill points on in that tree as the Agility Attribute levels up. I think a lot of people don't like the idea of spending magical points to master a weapon you've never touched before overnight, just because you have the skill points available.

3. The next thing to work on is the questing. The tier 4 & 5 quests get repetitive after a while because there are so few of them. You should add something to make it worth going back to the tier 1-3's (like maybe "elite" versions of those quests where you get much harder zeds, or increased number of zeds in exchange for better rewards).

4. You should add an extra-difficult quest between each quest tier that is required before you move on to the next tier. One thought is to have to defend the trader outpost against a zed horde. This would slow progression and expand long-term playability b/c you'd have to prepare for the quest before tackling it, rather than blasting through all the tiers & essentially beating the game before day 14.

----↑ Stuff to consider sooner rather than later ↑----

----↓ Longer-term stuff that can wait a bit ↓----

5. Bring back/elaborate on "defend the location" quests. Hordes are awesome, and we want more of them. It's a lot more fun to play against large NUMBERS of zombies as opposed to a small number of bullet-sponge zombies. I know that's hard to accomplish computing-power-wise without optimization, but it would be a fantastic addition to the game (a zombie "horde" of 10 isn't really a zombie horde. Not a threat. A zombie horde of 100 all at once is worth taking seriously).

6. Give us more customizability and gameplay modes/options. For example, the "more dangerous cities" and "wandering hordes" mods are awesome; they really add a challenge to the game that isn't there anymore in vanilla. Give us the option to customize stuff like that without needing mods!

7. Add larger variety in quest types. As suggestion 5 said, "defend the location" quests would be great. Other options include some kind of "repair the building/fortify" quest, a "sneak only/remain undetected" quest, a "find these ingredients & I'll give you something cool" quest, a "boss-zombie hunt" quest, or any number of other things. Maybe a "timed completion parkour" quest in the form of saving someone who's trapped?

8. Add more rare, loot-only items to the endgame. They should leave all the essential stuff like guns as crafting or trader-based, but add some random rare items that you can get in no other way except high-end quest rewards and rare loot box rewards. Stuff like special clothing items, the drone (I think the cargo mods are OP), maybe a special vehicle, a katana, ultra rare but cool skill perk books, a dog companion, and some easter-eggs. And I really want a lawn-mower added to the game.

9.  Add some rare environmental hazards. Lightning-strikes, radiation, tornados, locusts, rabbits that eat your crops, food rot/decay, etc. Heck, maybe even rainbows--Just gives the game some variety.

10. Greater zombie attack variety--zeds that infect with a single hit, zeds that grab you & slow you down, zombie children, zombie elderly, zeds with specific weak spots or requiring different tactics to beat, dessicated/barely moving zeds that look like corpses but attack if you get too close, rare/boss zombies, maybe some tunneling zeds, you get the idea. The most important thing in a zombie game is... the zombies. Can't let them get boring, so give them variety!

5. Not too much possible because game limits connected with preformance - this is voxel game

6. Well...  "more dangerous cities" what you mean by this? This more be more specific

7. 1 ok .2 ok 3 not possible , 4 ok , 5 ok

8 they will be probably legendary tool and weapons someday but no chance for katana, dog etc just this same machete but with better stats and name

9. lighting can be done, radiation too, tornados impossible , locust impossible,  another one, people don't want this

10. this sounds great but people don't want 

11 hours ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

Update: After doing some networking research this was a result of my ignorance. I left ports open even when un-attended. I have since then figured out how to properly host servers without risking my network. I am sorry I blamed TFP

- Make sure you lock ports to only being functional when using the application

- Block port scanners through something like Bitdefender or other software that explicitly denies port scanning.

- Use random ports not recommended defaults.

- Do some pen testing against your own server.

You forgot "Don't @%$# off a group of hackers."  I'm guessing the vast majority of people who self-host a game server are in absolutely no danger of being hacked.

17 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

I persoanlly couldnt be more happier! Finally! after 20000+ hours in this game they are finally adding PVP content! OMG this has the potential to be the best alpha yet. I could go in to many reasons why i feel like that but no need to. I will tell you i can understand why pve players would get upset about the changes coming but for who ever plays PVP this is not just good news its great news! 

Well - this change make this setting even less serious- junk guns. drone , now this one xd

I wish i would live in universe when TFP decidede make 7dtd more seriouse like days gone , f.e.a.r. last of us or no more room in hell.

I don't say this can't be fun. Well Cod now can be fun but it's not seriouse anymore xd

So that's why i'm dissapointed about that change. LBD was anti PVP system and maybe good for COOP only for typical "roles" ( not roleplay just everybody doing one thing good) but it was most realistic system.  I agree gameplay can be fun if you just playing "for fun". 

I just hope their next game will have more "consistent" world building  because gameplay is good just art style, setting need more focus 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

On 5/23/2022 at 8:34 PM, Roland said:

Part of the problem feeding your fear is that people are imagining perking into something and suddenly those are the only magazines they ever find. That is not true. It is a slight boost to the probability. You are going to still find a wide variety of magazines. In fact, I suspect that some people will complain that their supposed boost doesn't seem to be working. @Paiper Zombee amirite? lol

Relax. :)  We know some people don't want the change and we know some people are worried about how it will affect multiplayer. These things will be considered but the change is going to happen (already happened actually) and the devs want to see the player base try it on for size. I have to believe that of those people who signed on for Early Access for the purpose of witnessing the development of the game, they'd like to try it out too and render their own feedback based on their play of it.

All right now...don't get a whoopin talking that trash. lol.

That situation with the Ho-Talents has been re-evaluated. I thought it would effect rare items and getting them to drop more often. It turns out (it seems) that rare still stays rare, you just get a chance at better quality and quantity. So Crack-a-Book is still Lack-A-Book in that situation.

On 5/23/2022 at 9:41 PM, Roland said:

A bit. I've had to start over a few times due to incompatible builds so I haven't gone super deep. Even though the change only affects crafting recipes it was really hard to wrap my brain around it. I kept going to the perk menu and then realized that that wasn't where I was going to be able to upgrade my tools lol.  I felt like a bit of a noob. It isn't hard to understand at all-- its quite intuitive and you feel like you are finding bits of information here and there and piecing it together to learn how to make something new or something better. It emphasizes the gap between the old world and the present apocalyptic world. The old world has all the secrets and you have to find them in order to learn how to increase your tech level.

Its fun honestly. But, then, I'm apparently one of the few who actually enjoys scavenging in the game. You know how TFP operates: when they introduce something new they plaster the game with it so magazines are plentiful. You find them everywhere. That might, of course, get nerfed a bit as people play and report back but it is fun because the magazines feel valuable and you get them at a consistent rate. It is engaging from the sense of atmosphere that I mentioned in the last section but in practice it is the same as finding books. You click to read and move on. It can be a bother I guess if you have to click on ten or so at a time to read them all but then again not so much of a bother that I'm not going to click ;)

As for finding what I've perked into, it is definitely a subtle boost. I seem to be finding a wide variety of magazines even though I perked into spears. I'm not frustrated for a lack of Sharp Sticks in loot but I wouldn't mind finding more so I really think that the boost is not going to cause us to only find certain magazines at the expense of others. It is simply going to help us not feel the frustration of never finding what we need. 

I can't say yet for the whole game but at least in the early game I have been mostly crafting above what I find most of the time. I did find an orange level iron pick in a car on day one but as we all know it would be stamina and hunger suicide to use it anyway at this point so it is in a chest for later. I think this will depend on how much looting someone does. If they are playing with the purpose to grind magazines as quickly as possible I think they will always probably craft well ahead of what they loot except for occasional lucky finds. If they don't loot at all and go up in level doing other things then for sure they won't be able to craft things better than they can find.

I've already said that until something is implemented in the game we aren't going to reveal details. So just like I can say that there is a new workstation and a new quest type I can tell you that there is a number.

On 5/24/2022 at 4:04 PM, Roland said:

I think you and others are assuming a stronger perk boost to magazines than exists. Even perked into a couple of skills that match magazines you still find a wide variety of magazines. The boost is really more of a safety net against never finding the magazines that you really want. I'm not against an option to merge allies' perk boosts into one team boost for anyone that loots. I just don't really think it is as necessary as some are worrying it is. You have no idea whether there will be any significant disadvantage for those who don't loot and rely on their friends to bring back what they need-- you are just afraid that might be the case. If someone is out looting and finds 3 magazines that align with what the person is home building wants and 4 magazines for themselves at the end of the day then there isn't really that large of a disadvantage. I think teams will know more after actually playing with it how it will affect their dynamics. I guess the big question remains, how often were people crafting the weapons they perked into anyway? They spent their perks in their chosen specialization but was that to get the bonuses for the weapon or so they could craft it? I guess if they always crafted their own weapons then this is going to be a big change for them but if they usually had someone on their team offer to buy them their weapon of choice they just saw at the trader or found in a treasure room or received as a quest reward then there will be no real difference for them. They will still be able to use the skill points they earned by building and mining to improve their skill in their weapon.

On 5/25/2022 at 1:10 AM, Roland said:

But it is limited to learning recipes. You are not improving your skills by random means. In A20, if you take miner 69er and mother lode, for example, they improved your block damage and increased the yields you got from harvesting as well as grant you recipes to craft higher tier tools. In A21, if you take miner 69er and mother lode you will still improve your block damage and increase the yields you get from harvesting and probably 69er will be the one to give a slight boost to finding tool magazines in loot. The skill will just not unlock recipes any more.

But there are lots of ways to get higher tier tools. Someone else can craft one for you. Someone can bring you back one that they found in loot. You can buy one at the trader. However you get your tools, you will deterministically be able to control how skilled you are with them just like A20. The only thing you won't be able to do is craft them yourself until you read enough magazines.

So in looking at the perks is the common building blocks of character development the number of recipes we know or is it the abilities and skills we gain from perks. Remember that all of the tier 2 and tier 3 recipes were learned by looting in A20 already. So the new method is really just a step forward from that. We are learning recipes from schematics but in little bits at a time instead of all at once from one schematic. But I'd say that if your team was able to function when recipes were learned by acquiring schematics they will be able to adapt to recipes being learned by acquiring magazines. Non-looters will still be able to perk up their skills just like normal and be reliant upon team mates to share with them the tools and such that they find just like happens now.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:51 AM, JCrook1028 said:

Nope, the system only applies to crafting. Not how effective you are at mining with the tool or shooting with the gun.

Put all these here just so everyone can know how this new system will work and how it will effect what it will effect. These were all of my concerns and it looks like the direction I thought things were going in (i.e. it would've sucked to have to go read books 1-5 to learn how to create a forge,  books 6-10 to create a workbench, etc) is not the direction things are going in. 

On 5/26/2022 at 2:05 PM, Adam the Waster said:

F I R E

also i hate the flashlight model

This is hot.

And now, I'm like Dracula in Castlevania Symphony of the Night. "Enough Talk. Have at you!"

Bring this new system forward so that we might undertake it personally. I'm ready to touch it like some grass outside and see how it feels.

Edited by Paiper Zombee (see edit history)

On 5/26/2022 at 4:06 AM, Phil said:

It was the same in DL1 as well, trying to repair your gas pipe that is broken with no repair slots left while trying to smack a zed in the head just  angers that zed. The only option left is to swap weapons or run.

Ot just ask us, the player, if we to accept the reward at the time and thise rewards will go back in the cupboard. The next reward will NOT off those rewards again, or maybe ask with an increased level. I have been offered rewards that are much worse that I already have. Yes I can sell them, if that trader wants them or scrap them

With regard to A21 I am going to reserve judgement until I can play it to see what is what

Actually you could do these random encounter escort missions you'll start seeing about say 50-60% of the way through the game to fully restore every weapon in your inventory's repair slots in the first game. 

On 5/25/2022 at 6:11 PM, BFT2020 said:

I don't understand why people need to say things like "your idea is garbage".  Sure you may not like the idea, but it is just a difference of an opinion.

Yeah that's why i hate my class when i was going to school - my idea was bad because it was my idea but X idea was good because it was his/her idea. No any diffrent reason. It was frustrating so much. No try to compromise or arguments xd

On 5/25/2022 at 6:11 PM, BFT2020 said:

I for one would like tools and equipment to have a limited durability.  If the TFPs have the same vision, Great!  If not, that is fine.  But we should always agree to disagree in a civil manner rather than calling someone's ideas garbage just because we disagree.

i don't undestand this one - only  equipment is flashlight - it just can have limited energy  like chainaw, Durability for flashlight is unnecessary.  But i agree with rest. Honestly that's why my school give me experience "be cool or be quiet" - i'm in university now  on second degree and a lot of docs and proffesors complaining that people are afraid to say their opinion.

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:
1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

So far i like the look for the new crafting system.  

just kinda sad when they showed the Intellect gear, there is no new baton...  oof

Well probably they want too keep this same number of weapon in this same category 

PS : IDK HOW TO DELETE EMPTY QUOTE xd  anyone know how?

On the topic of obscene magazine collection, are we going to get a collection bonus like the ability to craft a standard level 6 (pink) item within the completed series?

I think that would be a nice work-towards, and with item randomisation and later loot stage offering of highest quality weapons and armour that is just found whilst looting anyway, crafting high level stuff wouldn't have any real negative impact.

Finding a better item in loot would still mean we'd switch to it.

If there are no highest level stuff craftable on completion of book series, then other than an artificial slow down of weapon and item progress, what's the point of having this new system?

I ask that sincerely because slowing down progression and necessitating looting seem to be the only functions from implementing it.

Edited by Beelzebubs Ghost (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Telly G said:

Actually you could do these random encounter escort missions you'll start seeing about say 50-60% of the way through the game to fully restore every weapon in your inventory's repair slots in the first game. 

The blue escort missions.

2 minutes ago, Callum123456789 said:

they did say that they were trying to get the updates out more frequently but nothing can be guaranteed 

If i good undestand what  Roland mean 2-3 more updates and that's all.  So probably it will be added in this year

On 5/25/2022 at 1:30 PM, Guppycur said:

So as you know, Valheim is a fantastic game, and has many many features I'd love to see in 7days.  I've been slowly modding features in, but I was wondering about fast travel/portals?

Have y'all considered introducing them?

On one hand, it doesn't really fit thematically with the current stage of the game, but on the other, if earned or as a quest reward or as a jump start to a quest itself, it could be an amazing add.

Something I hope you guys consider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgCDX7NioZE

Another thing I'm wholly interested in is upgrading workbenches by placing bench addon's nearby; I know we used to be able to upgrade workbenches by adding things like a crucible and whatnot, have y'all put any consideration into workbench upgrades by proximity?

I doubt they'd go for that, even if tech-wise it could be made to "make sense", but regarding Valheim, one thing that game has that I would LOVE to have in 7D2D would be the cartographer table, where you can share what parts of the map you've uncovered and update your own map to see what others have uncovered.  Useless for single player, but that hasn't stopped things before (iirc Charismatic Nature only applies to other people).

Of course I won't be holding my breath on that cartographer table idea making it's way here, but hey, I'm all for being surprised in that regard.

On 5/26/2022 at 10:08 PM, KhaineGB said:

Regarding the UI, it's the bit in red i've included on this edited screenshot madmole posted earlier.

398119423_newuiedited.thumb.jpg.5f957f2d629155ebc4ea764e761df75c.jpg

I'm working off the assumption that the crafting section may be using a different UI controller to perks.

If we could use THAT bit in perks (just from a modding standpoint, not expecting TFP to use it), that would honestly be amazing. Like, the grid up top to show what items get unlocked, then the name/perk description/etc like it currently is, for example. :)

Also, build 69... nice ;)

It just dawned upon me @madmole I really enjoy using custom perk systems but if you add your new system the game will simply crash If I use the 2 I use now because you have harmony locked the perk system page UI could your team consider adding a page system to the perk trees themselves for spill and overflow? (I have tried in the past unsuccessfully because I can't code for shi**ft.) This would help modders who want more than the additional hardlocked perk trees. 

I included an Ideal location for spill over page selector. I also included what I was talking about about perk tree to ui limitations. You can only have one more without issues because anything past that point won't render with the current configuration. (Causing windows_xml errors)

Screenshot 2022-05-29 074456.png

The max before crashes and error screen of death is 8 perk trees you are adding 1 more so now modders can in the games current configuration add 1.

Currently the pack I created uses 2 extra perk trees but lets say I add 1 more and make it 9 even if that perk tree has no perks just calling the UI will crash the game causing infinite errors. (Does this make sense @Roland am I explaining this clearly?)

Screenshot 2022-05-29 075727.png max perks is 8.png

The new update without the proper updates to the ui actually damages the ability for modders to add more than 1 perk tree that means AIOs that add a perk tree effectively will be unable to mod in a way which uses customs trees beyond one. So even though a perk tree adds something that does not conflict simply due to UI hard limits in the base game would be unable to. Ultimately users could be forced to us SMXui but SMXui often has its own sets of issues and it is not practical or even desired in all situations.

Also the vanilla UI should support bleed over by nature. I hope you really try and understand what I am saying. (Sorry if I rambled I am getting tired.) 

As always hope this helps. 

Edited by P3rf3ctVZer0
More info 3 (see edit history)

You can just add more columns to the window for the perk icons to stop the crash. Doesn't need harmony. It's a simple XML edit.

HOWEVER, you may also need to make the icons smaller (like I do in DF), which is another XML edit.

15 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

You can just add more columns to the window for the perk icons to stop the crash. Doesn't need harmony. It's a simple XML edit.

HOWEVER, you may also need to make the icons smaller (like I do in DF), which is another XML edit.

This solution sucks. Smaller is worse for a number of reasons.

One I have bad Eye sight so now the ability to have more perks is limited to eye sight as well.

Two this is a very dirty solution that also involves making things harder to navigate.

Three XML will only take you so far.

Four this is a very easily fixed arbitrary limitation from the Developers end.

I am not sure if this is a proper place to ask, but i had been watching JaWoodle's "city" challenge. And so would like to ask, if there will be plans to add a "One type" world option without going into the XML files so that traders can spawn with the map. basically checking the type you want the whole world to be. If nothing else, hope this gets thought of for a later Alpha.

4 hours ago, Zeal said:

I am not sure if this is a proper place to ask, but i had been watching JaWoodle's "city" challenge. And so would like to ask, if there will be plans to add a "One type" world option without going into the XML files so that traders can spawn with the map. basically checking the type you want the whole world to be. If nothing else, hope this gets thought of for a later Alpha.

In A21, when you generate a world, you can set one biome to 100% and the the others to 0% to achieve this.