A19.. What has killed you so far? The wolf cheese at night has got to stop.

Scyris

For me, every single one of my deaths has been from a direwolf/wolf spawning right behind me at night mostly day 1/2 when I lack the means to really deal with them. This crap has got to stop. I was out harvesting stuff, there was nothing around me as I checked, so I started harvesting, next thing I know I got a direwolf biting my butt that spawned right behind me with no time to react right after I turned back around to harvest the tree I was at, thankfully I had a t4 ak47 on me, but even with that it almost killed me on warrior diffculty.

I died once to not knowing they buffed the @%$*#! out of football zombies, once to a direwolf spawning directly behind me last patch, and once to a pipe bomb glitching out and visually going through a gap but exploding right on top of me.

1.  Loaded A163 gme into A169 - insta death.
2.  A bear I should not have screwed with.
3.  I swear it was about 40 zeds that swarmed me in the basement.  I got most of them even though I had only a pistol and a club, and the rest took a beating from me before I gave up.

I had a weak spot in my horde base, forgot to upgrade a few wood bars to iron. I make a cage like structure & face the zombies in it. 

So they broke thru, & as I escaped up through the roof I was pelleted by vultures. 

Between the zombie damage I took & the vultures, I was toast. 

Luckily I made it back to my house right as I bleed to death. So I collected my sh*t, fixed my dumb azz weak spots I missed, exited the game & then restarted to reignite the horde. 

Fun times 👍

1. Dire wolf in the middle of the day - day 1

2. Ninja Bear while I am searching the trash outside a POI on the edge of town. Something hit me, turned around, bear in face . . . by the time I went "Oh @%$*#!!" and turned to run, he ate my face - Day 2

3. Missed a jump when I was at half health . . . fell 3 stories and died - don't remember what day this one happened

These weren't all the same game, my wife and I tend to restart a lot during experimental

- build 163 wolves

- build 169 log-in

- one where I actually majorly messed up a tier 2 dig quest, dug down diagonally, opened a flat cavern at box level. Got the box, tried to run out the ramp, got stuck due to the weird corner-terrain shapes at the bottom of the ramp, running zeds stunlocked me at the exit.. I should've, well, not sucked .. :)

Two deaths in A19 so far:

Walking outside at night to see if my newly crafted iron arrows could one-shot zombies from stealth; turns out they didn't yet. Also turns out you shouldn't leave all kinds of holes in your patio because you might get stuck in there trying to run from angry test subjects.

The other death was me foolishly thinking that the fence at the farm POI serves to keep the boars in, when in reality it's just there to show how high they can jump before mauling your gonads.

50 minutes ago, DominionZA said:

I very rarely die to be honest. I'm currently on my day 51 game. I don't remember to what I died last time, but I believe it wasn't to a zombie neither an animal.

Probably boredeom...jking I couldn't resist...

The last death in A19 was to a direwolf in B163.  I was harvesting a wolf and was distracted.  He got me good (no gun). 😅

B163 Will forever be known as "7 days of Animals"....for me...😅

1. Jumped off bicycle in the snow biome, snowy and foggy. Walked about 10 feet and BOOM...... kitty cat in the face. This was like day 3 or 4.

2. Bear Den! Come up on the bear whole, (ok ...you got this) . Drop down auto sledge. I tried to make some noise to lure them. That didnt work. I jumped down with a double barrel in my hands. Auto sledge FAIL. Didn't target them or something,  wasnt paying much attention. Bears ate my face!

On 7/20/2020 at 7:25 PM, Scyris said:

For me, every single one of my deaths has been from a direwolf/wolf spawning right behind me at night mostly day 1/2 when I lack the means to really deal with them. This crap has got to stop. I was out harvesting stuff, there was nothing around me as I checked, so I started harvesting, next thing I know I got a direwolf biting my butt that spawned right behind me with no time to react right after I turned back around to harvest the tree I was at, thankfully I had a t4 ak47 on me, but even with that it almost killed me on warrior diffculty.

I don't go out at night because of all the ferals. i used to tunnel to the traders before, now i tunnel to traders and mines at night. I don't mind, because in my opinion night time should be very dangerous and you should only venture out if you have a vehicle. 

Haven't died yet, night 43 nomad, jog during days, nightmare nights. (taking my time) a few close calls with wildlife (bears are silly quiet before they notice you...)

A few things need tweaking, and some optimization, but it hasn't been a bad alpha thus far

1 hour ago, Synvastian said:

Haven't died yet, night 43 nomad, jog during days, nightmare nights. (taking my time) a few close calls with wildlife (bears are silly quiet before they notice you...)

A few things need tweaking, and some optimization, but it hasn't been a bad alpha thus far

the animal spawn rate is growing on me. I have encountered wolf packs more frequently now, and i think that instead of a lone wolf here and there, a wondering wolf pack should spawn in. It's more realistic and would be quite a fun sight. I do think the spawn rate for cougars needs to be nerfed. driving through a snow biome and seeing 20 endangered animals is kinda weird. maybe decrease their spawn rate, but make them more dangerous? did they nerf bears? i am not sure if it was a mod or an older alpha, but i remember having a bear survive two rockets and still manage to kill me. Now i club them to death with a steel club. 

Then again, this now makes water bases and underground bases more viable, because you do not have to worry about animals bothering you at night. I built a wall around my base to keep the wolves out because they would bother me at night. 

Single player game - wolf and vultures

Multipler game -

Death 1 was a vulture within the first few minutes in game. 

Death 2 was my fault.  It was late, I was rushing home on my bike (aka the vulture magnet) and I'd set up my early base on top of one of the 2 story ruins.  I pulled up on my bike and ran in to the wrong nearby ruin and got mobbed by zombies.  Ok cool, I'll get outside and run them  past my bike and circle round  and get on my bike and escape.  Run them out - check.  Past my bike - check.  Circle round - check.  Get on my bike - check.  Escape - not so much.  My bike got jammed in a rut in the rubble and they were on me before I could jump off and run.  I'm more careful now to drive up to the correct ruin.  I'd paint a gaudy marker on it except the idea was to keep it looking uninhabited.   Not really necessary on the server, just role-playing how I'd do it in a real apocalypse.

22 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Probably boredeom...jking I couldn't resist...

The last death in A19 was to a direwolf in B163.  I was harvesting a wolf and was distracted.  He got me good (no gun). 😅

B163 Will forever be known as "7 days of Animals"....for me...😅

Yeah. I think I stepped on a landmine in a factory in the staircase not knowing it was there and that was back in A16. You kind of develop your guts to survive as you get used to this game!

I don't think I've died to any zombies yet in a19, but pretty much every hostile animal has killed me at least once. Mostly Mountain Lions  and Dire Wolves, which can't be outrun (at least not in the early game).

Also vultures (which were @%$*#! to begin with) are the leading cause of me starting to hate this game because of hour and a half real time game stopping broken legs. Stupid, stupid design. Stop play and sit around with your thumb up your @%$*#! for a freaking hour and half or get punished even more for playing the game. Mindbogglingly absurd design. A vulture getting one hit on me generally inflicts three+ critical injuries, one of which is always a broken leg. Close to just modding them out.

Archived