A19.. What has killed you so far? The wolf cheese at night has got to stop.

Scyris

First Death - Day 77 Horde, fell on my own spikes. Permadeath. 

Second Death - Day 1, kiting zombies in a room to funnel them through doorway. Reached the doorway, came face to face with Hawaiian tourist. Became sandwich.  Permadeath.  

That is all for me so far, but my friend survived 132 days without dying. Then he died on Day 10, new server, because he thought challenging a bear with a primitive bow was an outstanding idea. That is his only death. We play rather religiously. 

I've died recently while clearing a building. The light path leads at one point to a hole in the floor you use to jump down from third to second floor. I check through the hole, can't see a thing. Jump down to two bears and two dogs chilling just out of sight. I've seen them spawn before but never inside until that point (there was no path for them just walking into the building). Needless to say they ate my face.

Day 2 fetch in Parishton or whatever the snow biome city is now where apparently the radiation turned all of the residents into mountain lions with excellent hearing.

Joining an insane/nightmare server 2 hours before nightfall, climbing a roof to hide and then immediately falling through the roof onto the face of a less than friendly nurse with terrible bedside manner only holding a wooden club, not having applied any skill points yet.

Haven't stepped on any land mines yet so the future is looking bright.

And i thought this is about cheesing for wolve meat at night. 😛

The usual things as always. Didn´t really change. Basically doing stupid things is, what kills me.  I never go outside in the first night. Busy getting my home done anyways. On day 2 you do have a blunderbuss for sure. Unless you don´t loot anything at all. Wich would be your own fault. I carry 2 of them at night until i get other fire arms. 

What really annoys me is that the bears take like 10 times more bullets now, but still give only 750XP. A tourist is way easier to kill with way less ammo and also gives you 750XP.

Death three in A19: became wolf kibble on my first night in B173. I keep forgetting that animals in 7DtD are just zombies in disguise, advanced path finding algorithms and everything. Made the mistake of opening a storage chest while crouched on the 2nd floor of a destroyed warehouse, heard a growl and saw a black shadow quickly navigate to the one block giving access to my elevated position; it was over pretty quickly after that. Should've just ran into town and taken my chances there, but I wanted to see how viable lvl2 blunderbuss is against a quick moving target in the darkness. Now I know.

We started a new game today because our server host didn´t update yet. Day 4. Haven´t seen a deer, stag, boar, wolf or direwolf so far. Only cougars and bears as we live on the border of the snow biome. 2 chickens and 3 rabbits. Cougars and bears on warrior are a big no no that early in game with no fire arm, luckily we have a ton of vending machines around us as there is no fresh meat for us. But hey if we finally get meat we can make tons of bacon and eggs.

I went out in night 2 and 3 until morning running around all the time, where i haven´t been before. No sign of any animal. I hope we get a wolf pack soon...

Wanna know what I Love? You can test this yourselves on a map if youd like. Spawn a BEAR/zombiebear in a room and alert it then close the door. See if that Bear doesnt MAGICALLY Push its body through the door to kill you. NOT DESTROYING THE DOOR, ATOMIZING ITSELF THROUGH PHYSICAL OBJECTS TO KILL YOU!

Archived