Announcement: A18.3 b3 Experimental Languages

Hated

Framerate is still terrible compared to A17 and with current graphics should have been at least 30% better. 7dtd is GPU demanding game nad I would love to see more CPUs activity which stays mostly at 15% to 35% while GPU stays at 85-95%. Ive got 6 core 12 thread CPU.

Other thing is that fidelity of texturized coffe maker, toaster, dishwasher has nothing to do with the quality of microwave, fridge, silver bin, ovens textures resolution. Bed and lamps textures could be updated a little bit too. Its painful to watch, such diffrences in texturization at this point xd.

The NullReference Error is indeed related to Sirillions SMX UI Mod

Its caused by the mod trying to load the old font which doesnt exist anymore.

I did a quick fix for the SMX HUD and it works now altough its slightly misplaced & fontsize doesnt really matches the UI now.

I'll stick with it for now till Sirillion updates his mod and I dont want to tinker to much with it myself as it is not my Mod and I know he puts alot of work into it. This quick bandaid-fix I did only to test if that was what was causing the problem.

Before:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31019[/ATTACH]

After:

Unbenasdsnnt.jpg.9a478418c935fa182c85301348ece4c2.jpg

Framerate is still terrible compared to A17 and with current graphics should have been at least 30% better. 7dtd is GPU demanding game nad I would love to see more CPUs activity which stays mostly at 15% to 35% while GPU stays at 85-95%. Ive got 6 core 12 thread CPU.

Other thing is that fidelity of texturized coffe maker, toaster, dishwasher has nothing to do with the quality of microwave, fridge, silver bin, ovens textures resolution. Bed and lamps textures could be updated a little bit too. Its painful to watch, such diffrences in texturization at this point xd.

Well if they would make it easier for Modders to replace Textures of Blocks & Terrain it would be atleast a possibility that someone makes a mod for nice textures ;)

About GPU performance ... well its indeed quite heavy but not the end of the world with everything maxed I get 45-60 FPS most of the time @ 2560x1440. Could be better sure, but its still Early Access/Alpha and the game is getting a bit more optimized with each Update so I'm not too concerned about it yet if it was the final state of the game then sure that would make me a bit sad. Apart from that I'm still having a blast with this game after ~ 500 Hours playtime

Unbenan33nt.jpg.f2fbe7b1c9b3caa8c2a0bc9245860b8f.jpg

Some things improved, but I don't know what would make it that much better.

Might not be solely from 18.3, i had taken a break since 18.1 until last week, and 18.2 was already better. As in from around 5-10 fps outdoors (or looking out the window) in 18.1 to 25-30+. Still lags sometimes, but this and the disappearance of the ground triangles will allow me to come back, at least for the holidays. :-bd

Merry Christmas, Fun Pimps! :)

PS

This should be Spanish:

ES-LatAm = latam

Oh, right, i also wanted to ask: Why use "Lat[in] Am[erica]" as description for ES-LatAm and not Spanish? :-B

No. We went through a lot of fonts to get the correct combination to deal with all our languages. It is Opinion Pro Extra Condensed Bold.

It seemed weird to me the first few hours. Give it a few hours you will probably not notice either.

Why not allow different fonts for different languages? I prefer my game in English, so it's a little bit weird that the unused ability to have it localized will require me to get used to a new font. :-s

Why not allow different fonts for different languages? I prefer my game in English, so it's a little bit weird that the unused ability to have it localized will require me to get used to a new font. :-s

Everything is possible but also requires engineering effort which at this point we would rather put into gold features like bandits

Weird indeed, but I remember there was another font before the Agency one at some point also, or so I think at least. This is not the worst font you could have picked, but will be have some more control over it at some point? Like for instance, choosing between bold, narrow, italic, underline and the likes?

Bold, italic and underline have been available since at least alpha 17, on localization. If you were not called sirillion, I'd assume you didn't know about it, but, since you are, I'm wondering what am I missing?

I don't have any strong opinions about the current font, but the old font's ALL CAPS (ie. A17 and earlier) was terrible for sentences or anything other than titles or menu items really.

Item descriptions were like emails from grandma

I don't have any strong opinions about the current font, but the old font's ALL CAPS (ie. A17 and earlier) was terrible for sentences or anything other than titles or menu items really.

Item descriptions were like emails from grandma

"7d2d...a game even grandma plays at Christmas!!!" 😎👍

any Fun Pimp

not sure if this is intentional or a bug

in combat, get your health to about 50 or so, then use a first aid kit. get hit, you will no longer receive healing from the kit. your black line will continue to go grey, butr no more health regen even tho it says it does, your hp stops going up

Did you make sure that your laptop is switching to your nvidia GPU for 7d2d? You should be able to force it via your nvidia control panel.

Edit: Here is a youtube HowTo video. Also make sure you have latest nvidia drivers.

Yes. I actually have a setting which is auto but I went under programs and made sure. Besides, I know which one its using anyway due to the really bad framerate on the intel hd 5500. I just dont know. I cant drop anything any lower so I guess I'm stuck with it the way it is sadly :( but, one thing I do notice is if I play Darkness Falls, it seems to give me higher framerate which, I have no idea why. There is more zombies and such. *Shrugs* Who knows.

How to select your language?

Hell yeah, you finally did it!

Where can I make suggestions on localization? Another translations, more correct.

+++++++

Yes, in example russian translation should be fixed in some cases where the words/sentences isn't not clear or too hard explains smth within the happening context.

Yes. I actually have a setting which is auto but I went under programs and made sure. Besides, I know which one its using anyway due to the really bad framerate on the intel hd 5500. I just dont know. I cant drop anything any lower so I guess I'm stuck with it the way it is sadly :( but, one thing I do notice is if I play Darkness Falls, it seems to give me higher framerate which, I have no idea why. There is more zombies and such. *Shrugs* Who knows.

Video resolution often makes a big difference, where drawing each pixel often is the bottleneck on slower GPUs. What resolution are you using? Try going lower.

Darkness Falls shuts off the new distant terrain, which is a resource hog.

Well not sure I am subject to simply the random juice or things have been tweaked with regards the usual abundance of shot guns, but I am on day 8 not found a single shotty yet but have found just a level 5 Blunderbuss and for once its actually now useful !

Also cars are moving still during wrenching, but this time they hop up a bit then down.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Video resolution often makes a big difference, where drawing each pixel often is the bottleneck on slower GPUs. What resolution are you using? Try going lower.

I am currently using 1280x720 which I use for all my games. I'm not sure how much lower I can go but the lower I go the crappier it looks lol

- - - Updated - - -

Darkness Falls shuts off the new distant terrain, which is a resource hog.

Ahh okay makes sense. I get this with a lot of mods. But, I do realize games change with the times and computers need to change as well. I don't have options to get anything better at the moment so I just make the best with what I got! Thanks Haidr :)

Archived