Announcement: A18.3 b3 Experimental Languages

Hated

Don't want to mess up any existing games at this time .. staying with A 18.2 b5 for now .. So I guess I will have to wait and see .. What kind of voice Jen will have …. Hopefully FEMALE and not another Trans-gender.

But May all of TFP crew and staff have a .. Wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year

I just want to say HOLY CRAP! The optimization on this patch was insane and I was lucky enough to have a side-by-side comparison.

My server was having a going-away party (ie: max zombies, spawning in HE rockets, spawning Dev tools, etc) and it was laggy and buggy as usual and as could be expected. We shut the server down and then another player showed up, we saw the new patch and figured we would check it out.

Holy smokes, the latency and performance is NIGHT AND DAY. Folks on garbage connections and junk computers report MARKED improvements, as in "5 FPS and inability to aim while horde" --> "High FPS and can aim with horde and building coming down at the same time"

A++ would patch again <3

Seeing a big difference here too. Even with increased object and terrain settings my frames are looking good.

Right now it's mystery. Kinda weird that they accidentally made optimizations. They are probably gonna spend some time figuring out what they did to cause these gains lol. :tinfoil3:

Could it be the Grass shader optimization?

It not that is was an accident. More like I tend to forget specifics, because I'm always tinkering with stuff. It all adds up, so for us each is generally a minor change, but when you get them all at once and have hardware and/or settings that get the most benefit from the optimizations, then I could see it being noticeable.

Is it possible to change the font? Not sure if I can get used to it, it kinda hurts my eyes. Is it comic sans?

I personally thought the font was way much easier to read now. Eyes different all round I guess. :)

New Experimental is performing amicable and loving the tweaks. I started a new game and brand new RWG map and had red console errors on spawn in but once I escaped and loaded back in not seen since so not taking it to seriously for now.

how do i get an output log?

- - - Updated - - -

how do i get an output log?

Click Play in Steam, then select "Show game launcher" and click Play, which will start the game launcher.

Click the "Tools" tab and then click "Open game folder".

Double click the 7DaysToDie_Data folder and you will see output_log__2019-xx-xx__xx-xx-xx.txt files in there.

Is it possible to change the font? Not sure if I can get used to it, it kinda hurts my eyes. Is it comic sans?

No. We went through a lot of fonts to get the correct combination to deal with all our languages. It is Opinion Pro Extra Condensed Bold.

It seemed weird to me the first few hours. Give it a few hours you will probably not notice either.

No. We went through a lot of fonts to get the correct combination to deal with all our languages. It is Opinion Pro Extra Condensed Bold.

It seemed weird to me the first few hours. Give it a few hours you will probably not notice either.

Weird indeed, but I remember there was another font before the Agency one at some point also, or so I think at least. This is not the worst font you could have picked, but will be have some more control over it at some point? Like for instance, choosing between bold, narrow, italic, underline and the likes?

Backpack friction and bounce settings internally to help prevent lost bags

Backpack logging to show more information in the output log

if that's about drop-all-on-death - that's great news. EVERY game losing all the items - like sarting all over again...

Weird indeed, but I remember there was another font before the Agency one at some point also, or so I think at least. This is not the worst font you could have picked, but will be have some more control over it at some point? Like for instance, choosing between bold, narrow, italic, underline and the likes?

I can't think of one game that lets you bold, narrow, italic, and underline font lol

Also got NullReference when starting new game closing and restarting works but I think its related to the UI or New Font

I use the HUD Mod from Sirillion so I dont know if the Mod needs and update or if its unrelated to the mod but when Looting the circle appears but no countdown/loottimer & my Stamina/Health, Day, etc. are blank

Unbenan33nt.jpg.062934cd8c2b4418586b0c4fa608d755.jpg

Thank You guys for this update. Everything maxed out except for Texture Filtering set at low and Shadow Distance at medium on my R5 3600 and Vega56. Performance gains are noticable. Thank You for bringing back FOV slider, much appreciated. Except for shadow casting distance also the game might be optimised by enabling additional settings - 1024, 1536, 2048, 2560, 3072 resolutions/quality of dynamic shadows. Im not sure if its possible or its already implemented somehow.

I actually don't know what I am doing wrong, but I have a GForce 845M and I know that its a low end gpx card but I used to play the game at about 50 fps back in 16 but since then, even with everything on the lowest setting, the game looks terrible but I cant seem to get higher than 35fps in the world. If I'm in my base its 50 or so, but doing anything in the game drops my frames so bad. I wish that I had good changes but it just runs terrible for me. Upgrading is not an option for me as I am on a laptop, Inspiron 7000 series so, I know, I cant expect much, but my Intel HD 5500 sure cant play the game. Oh well, potato machine means terrible game, it is what it is.

I actually don't know what I am doing wrong, but I have a GForce 845M and I know that its a low end gpx card but I used to play the game at about 50 fps back in 16 but since then, even with everything on the lowest setting, the game looks terrible but I cant seem to get higher than 35fps in the world. If I'm in my base its 50 or so, but doing anything in the game drops my frames so bad. I wish that I had good changes but it just runs terrible for me. Upgrading is not an option for me as I am on a laptop, Inspiron 7000 series so, I know, I cant expect much, but my Intel HD 5500 sure cant play the game. Oh well, potato machine means terrible game, it is what it is.

Did you make sure that your laptop is switching to your nvidia GPU for 7d2d? You should be able to force it via your nvidia control panel.

Edit: Here is a youtube HowTo video. Also make sure you have latest nvidia drivers.

Archived