The Offtopic, A17 thread.

Royal Deluxe

• 1 month later...
Guys, don't go about insulting each other here left and right. Taken care of. - moderator

I'm also of the opinion that I don't see a lot in the list of upcoming things which excite me. Buff system? I haven't seen any application of that (yet). Vehicles and different guns are nice, but no game-changer.

And creating the ground-work ('building the foundation') for modders is not and cannot be a specific focus/goal of TFP.

You're kidding me, right?

1.) Just because changes don't "excite you" doesn't mean they aren't good for the game.

2.) To elaborate, "creating the ground-work ('building the foundation') for modders is not and cannot be a specific focus/goal of TFP." is a narrow minded opinion. Who is modding A17 right now? Tee Eff Pee. That is why it's such a big deal. Having buffs/items/blocks/etc interact with each other in new ways opens up TONS of creative avenues for modders yes, but also the developers.

3.) You and Snowdog should get a room.

4.) CHUD, it's been a while, but the fact remains that nobody cares about your political affiliations, and it's best to keep it to yourself.

TFP's. Keep us in the loop please.

I understand that TFP's are busting your butt's to get this Alpha out. I also get that your not going to skip town or something crazy like that.

I just want to just be kept in the loop. Know what's going on, you know what I mean?

If you guys can't do a video one week, that's fine. But don't leave up hanging. Drop a text (and maybe some photos) to let us know what's going on.

It's no fun not hearing anything for weeks at a time. While getting news helps us focus and keeps us going. :)

I'm sure that if yawl were waiting to hear about how a game was progressing, you'd want to hear how things were going as well.

Great video by the way Madmole.

neat.

btw i decided to get a gtx 1060 rather than wait any longer for gpu the market to get back to normal. (been 10 months since i built this pc without a new one)

i'll have it in a couple days. i expect a new release by then so that i can test it out. or else...i'll test it on some other game

neat.

btw i decided to get a gtx 1060 rather than wait any longer for gpu the market to get back to normal. (been 10 months since i built this pc without a new one)

i'll have it in a couple days. i expect a new release by then so that i can test it out. or else...i'll test it on some other game

Then better start practicing Solitaire, because you have only a couple a days to finish it and enjoy the bouncy cards animation on your new gpu ;)

neat.

That was exactly the same thing I had to do couple weeks ago. Found some 1060s actually in stock at normal list price and grabbed one. Really wanted at least a 1070 but i refuse to pay 1000 bucks for it.

That was exactly the same thing I had to do couple weeks ago. Found some 1060s actually in stock at normal list price and grabbed one. Really wanted at least a 1070 but i refuse to pay 1000 bucks for it.

i overpaid by $100. i don't even care anymore. i am sick of having a thousand dollar computer with a 5 year old $150 card. at least now i'll have a decent mid range gpu in it.

TFP's. Keep us in the loop please.

I understand that TFP's are busting your butt's to get this Alpha out. I also get that your not going to skip town or something crazy like that.

I just want to just be kept in the loop. Know what's going on, you know what I mean?

If you guys can't do a video one week, that's fine. But don't leave up hanging. Drop a text (and maybe some photos) to let us know what's going on.

It's no fun not hearing anything for weeks at a time. While getting news helps us focus and keeps us going. :)

I'm sure that if yawl were waiting to hear about how a game was progressing, you'd want to hear how things were going as well.

Great video by the way Madmole.

What are you talking about, how are TFP not keeping us in the loop? How many games posts regular videos about what they're working on? They have absolutely no obligation to post videos on a regular basis what we're getting on YT is a bonus.

If anything post less videos, spend the time working on the game.

"While getting news helps us focus and keeps us going.", what is all this nonsense? What are you having difficulty focusing on? Keep you going on what? I'm not trying to be sarcastic but it sounds like you have some problems in life and 7dtd is keeping you motivated?

What are you talking about, how are TFP not keeping us in the loop? How many games posts regular videos about what they're working on? They have absolutely no obligation to post videos on a regular basis what we're getting on YT is a bonus.

+1

Plus why would you want so much of the game spoiled before it comes out? I want to discover all this new stuff out for myself at the same time I'm discovering all the game breaking bugs in experimental :witless: I mean if this were a movie we'd get the announcement that production started 2 years prior to release, get a trailer 6-8 months out, and maybe a couple more if they feel like not enough people will come see it. What we get now is almost too much.

• 4 weeks later...

I so very much love this game and really wish it kills when finally released as 1.0 but...

Right now it is unplayable for me. Not in the everyday sense where you roam around and kill zombies and collect loot etc but as soon as Horde night arrives the game just gives up and runs at single digit FPS.

I have been keenly lurking on the forums and noting every change and new thing that is coming in the hope I see the word "optimisation" and before I get howled down with a screen full of "it's still in Alpha" replies I am aware of that and always take that into account when I am playing. The thing that upsets me the most is that I have to STOP playing this wonderful game just because it becomes unplayable due to the atrocious FPS.

I am very much looking forward to what A18 brings but my most fervent wish is that I can actually play the game beyond Horde nights.

I now humbly(sic) submit myself to the flames of internet option.... Go for it guys!

I so very much love this game and really wish it kills when finally released as 1.0 but...

Right now it is unplayable for me. Not in the everyday sense where you roam around and kill zombies and collect loot etc but as soon as Horde night arrives the game just gives up and runs at single digit FPS.

I have been keenly lurking on the forums and noting every change and new thing that is coming in the hope I see the word "optimisation" and before I get howled down with a screen full of "it's still in Alpha" replies I am aware of that and always take that into account when I am playing. The thing that upsets me the most is that I have to STOP playing this wonderful game just because it becomes unplayable due to the atrocious FPS.

I am very much looking forward to what A18 brings but my most fervent wish is that I can actually play the game beyond Horde nights.

I now humbly(sic) submit myself to the flames of internet option.... Go for it guys!

I'm sure somebody can post a link to a mod that makes the 7 day horde not spawn any zombies. Don't miss out on the rest of the game just due to that!

The way I build bases makes actually having to kill anything on a horde night completely optional. A well designed base should deal with the zombies regardless of whether or not your killing them. Make full use of passive but damaging defences such a log-spikes combined with barbed wire. Use concentric rings of defences so that when they break through one they have another layer to get through. you can create rings fast enough to keep the ever increasing hordes at bay... with a bit of luck :-)

The horde spawning is tucked away in the xml's so you could just edit it by hand. Not sure if the following info is still correct but it should be okay.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/371918937278802671/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/371919771749437573/

I'm sure somebody can post a link to a mod that makes the 7 day horde not spawn any zombies. Don't miss out on the rest of the game just due to that!

I've always thought it would be cooler and more meaningful to get a stronger horde, but only every 28 days instead of every 7 days. I say this because it's the "bloodmoon" horde, and it makes more sense for the moon to run on a 28 day cycle. I've seen a mod for a horde every 21 days, so I know it can be done.

We never had any issues with A15 but since the advent of A16 and more pertinently electricity we have noticed a massive drop in performance.

Our last attempt to play saw us use very little electrical items but even just using an electric fence and a couple of turrets saw the same issues.

I know that I can avoid horde night and/or reduce the numbers and we have done so but i just feel like we are missing out on some of the coolest aspects of the game by having to avoid using them to even play.

Anyone here that is familiar with me knows that my love for this game goes way beyond the enjoyment I get from playing, it has kept me alive!

Even with these new issues I have still attempted to play as often as I can as will still do so but seeing single digit FPS is just killing me.

I know that my computer isn't the greatest thing on earth and the desire to go rob a bank to get something decent is rising quickly. I'm currently saving up for the balaclava and taxi fare for the getaway. :)

oh and BTW ... lots of love to you all, have a great day and live like it's your last people.

We never had any issues with A15 but since the advent of A16 and more pertinently electricity we have noticed a massive drop in performance.

Our last attempt to play saw us use very little electrical items but even just using an electric fence and a couple of turrets saw the same issues.

I know that I can avoid horde night and/or reduce the numbers and we have done so but i just feel like we are missing out on some of the coolest aspects of the game by having to avoid using them to even play.

Anyone here that is familiar with me knows that my love for this game goes way beyond the enjoyment I get from playing, it has kept me alive!

Even with these new issues I have still attempted to play as often as I can as will still do so but seeing single digit FPS is just killing me.

I know that my computer isn't the greatest thing on earth and the desire to go rob a bank to get something decent is rising quickly. I'm currently saving up for the balaclava and taxi fare for the getaway. :)

oh and BTW ... lots of love to you all, have a great day and live like it's your last people.

I've had electricity issues, as well. It seems like every time I try to use solar panels to charge a battery bank, my game wants to drop from 60 fps to about 14.

Archived