The Offtopic, A17 thread.

Royal Deluxe

For Ravenhearst we increased zombies on horde nights but removed all radiateds and instant better performance. Radiateds are a performance killer for sure. Instead we invented stronger tiers of vanilla zeds and replace radiateds with that and people can enjoy horde nights again.

That’s actually a really good idea Jax. Thanks mate I’ll try that for sure. We may have been looking at the wrong thing the whole time. It hadn’t occurred to me that it might be the glowing green buggers.

Cheers mate.

You can drop the gfx card down a generation or two, have a single HDD and a single monitor. It'll run reasonably well and cost a hell of a lot less. Probably around £600 - £800 gbp or around $1000 - $1500 aud. If you have a donor computer for the little stuff like a case and fans you can also lower the cost a bit.

Yep, I agree. I use:

I7 4790

Gtx 970 2Gb

16Gb Ram

250 Win SSD

1Tb 7200rpm HD (with 7d2d on).

No issues here...

You can drop the gfx card down a generation or two, have a single HDD and a single monitor. It'll run reasonably well and cost a hell of a lot less. Probably around £600 - £800 gbp or around $1000 - $1500 aud. If you have a donor computer for the little stuff like a case and fans you can also lower the cost a bit.

OCAU is an Aussies friend..

3770K OC to 4.2GHz

GA-z77x-UDH3

16GB ram

2 x 120SSD i is windows and the other steam library

GTX970 ( bought for $125 and sold my 2 GTX680's for $75 each...)

water cooled, tripple 26" 1920x1200 viewsync monitors....

1 TB HDD

not one thing bought new. the lot probably under $600AUD , i get around 80 FPS

Well I guess this is where the confusion sets in...

The mainstream notion of AI is, that if your no longer able to tell, that your chatting with a program and not a human. Than that is equal to true AI.

It is not!

This is really VI... Which can be extremely complex, but it will never be true AI.

It is worth noting here, that as far as I know, no one has the slightest idea how to develop an Quantum AI...

We haven't even been able to construct convincing neuronet models using conventional computer mechanics yet.

A QC may make this neuronet integration easier with time, but no one knows how.

And let's just get the 1st iteration of the thing first, before the imagination starts to run wild ;)

Edit:

What it currently looks like a QC would be excellent at, would be f.eks spacenavigation. Very very very complex calculations, can be answered with very good probability, near instantly... You do them over and over, to keep on course... Could be very efficient.

In research of all fields the currently envisioned QC would be invaluable! You could simply not compete without it...

AI.thumb.jpg.283f8e533c922427669c86b3c576b284.jpg

It scans an area. If nothing changes it does not update.

Ahh, I deleted my question because I assumed zombies and players would also be included in the scan. And because they normally move around such an optimization wouldn't gain much.

Yep, I agree. I use:

I7 4790

Gtx 970 2Gb

16Gb Ram

250 Win SSD

1Tb 7200rpm HD (with 7d2d on).

No issues here...

Last build for my son I just went with a 1TB M.2 SSD. It was about 300 dollars. That makes it only about double the cost of a 250GB SSD and a 1TB 7200rpm HD. It was shocking how much faster not having any kind of drive that had to spin up improved boot times. You hit the power switch and blink and you can log into Windows 10.

Last build for my son I just went with a 1TB M.2 SSD. It was about 300 dollars. That makes it only about double the cost of a 250GB SSD and a 1TB 7200rpm HD. It was shocking how much faster not having any kind of drive that had to spin up improved boot times. You hit the power switch and blink and you can log into Windows 10.

Good lord SSDs and high speed HDDs exist, windows would not boot itself fast without them :))

I play without SSD and goin to buy M.2 ssd and cant wait to see the change in performance.

You will be amazed and claim it is witchcraft.

I like witchcraft. Got SSD on another PC and I know how it works, but only for work. My gamelife is gonna be changed forever 0.o :)

"yet another useless post, but we need to keep up the tempo"

so are we going to eventually hit 4 weeks or a month and no word or update ?

Has the team making this game just all of a sudden quit or something ?

You hear about stuff like that every so often. I once backed this one game and only near release was it instead cancelled and no one got thier money back..

not that I do not think I've gotten more then my money's worth with like 1,000+ hours in this game.

just it could be so much more. I hope they do work on it and make updates, but alpha 16 is like a year old at this point and getting very stale.

It's PAXEast time and (well past now) and they didn't even do an update, thats sort of the wrong thing to do this time of year IMO, when videogaming is at it's height mid-season.

Sort of shows how they do not care, honestly

you know I watch all the video's from MadMole and sometimes I get the impression he doesn't know his own game very well, makes mistakes that are obvious, that suggests he's almost never played. I find that sort of thing very odd. Anyone else know what I am referring too ?

You hear about stuff like that every so often. I once backed this one game and only near release was it instead cancelled and no one got thier money back..

not that I do not think I've gotten more then my money's worth with like 1,000+ hours in this game.

just it could be so much more. I hope they do work on it and make updates, but alpha 16 is like a year old at this point and getting very stale.

It's PAXEast time and (well past now) and they didn't even do an update, thats sort of the wrong thing to do this time of year IMO, when videogaming is at it's height mid-season.

you know I watch all the video's from MadMole and sometimes I get the impression he doesn't know his own game very well, makes mistakes that are obvious, that suggests he's almost never played. I find that sort of thing very odd. Anyone else know what I am referring too ?

But what if they work ..actually pretty hard and at some point show us new content and all our chins drop to the floor. Because they do that. It is a habit. We always love new stuff. But we all wait. Welcome to the que, or jungle. Enjoy your time with us and when the time comes, you will not regret. Trust us.

The people posting who have goldenrod colored names are developers. A developer just updated us yesterday on his work with AI. The first page was updated as recently as April 5th which was just under two weeks ago. So, no. They haven't up and quit.

Everyone plays differently, you can't really judge him by that. Besides, he's said a couple of times that he doesn't actually have time to properly play a long lasting game because they're constantly adding new things, fixing new bugs and testing mechanics, so they have to restart over and over. He even said he's eager to start playing properly again once Alpha 17 is almost ready to go, at which point he will be even posting his gameplay of it on his channel.

And the last video was 2 weeks ago, not to mention some A.I talk by faatal. I don't think they have quitted, no.

I imagine there will be less updates going forward as most of the features are now implemented / discussed and they are trying to get it as stable as possible before it drops.

Though no amount of in-house playtesting will guarantee stability. I predict the first two weeks after A17 release the game will be unstable.

EDIT: I disagree that this, my post pertaining to A17, was either off-topic or obnoxious. It was, in fact, neither.

I imagine there will be less updates going forward as most of the features are now implemented / discussed and they are trying to get it as stable as possible before it drops.

Though no amount of in-house playtesting will guarantee stability. I predict the first two weeks after A17 release the game will be unstable.

It is us, players who will give feedback on the experimental thread, where we share problems that devs could not find in time. From us, as a community, Pimps take care of them and they fix them. You cannot expect alpha developement without bugs and this is the whole idea, the reason this community exist is to help them make this game not only better.

Actually, the big buff guy that we call Joel is NOT Madmole, he's just the physical trainer for the dev team.

The REAL Madmole is the mole living in Joel's ginormous beard, and he is a mole, and we call him Madmole because he's always getting toted around the gym and he can't escape.

That's the one that made the game, so don't be too surprised if the big buff guy doesn't play too often.

Its pretty clear that there is sexism in this game.

I realized that all zombie girls are weaker at least in HP than any male zombies..

In MadMole new video, you can see a Nurse zombie.. She has 80HP.. The male zombie Rotting Carcas can barely walk and has 150HP.

To me, they are zombies.. Genders should not make one stronger than another, only if they are different zombies.

Special zombies should be stronger because they are specials. But normal zombies being stronger because they are guys and not girls, its crasy and not cool.

Its my feedback, if you dont think im right, just respect my opinion.. thanks

I can respect your opinion while disagreeing with it.

HP does not equate to strength, it equates to Health Points. Your unit of measurement is fundamentally wrong. Strength would be determined by the amount of damage done, not by the amount of damage that can be absorbed.

Archived