1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

This was a Boar

Moerschwil.jpg

If we argument with reality we should to it decent

I never said the car would remain undamaged, just that the Z would be reduced to a fine paste :-)

The same would be unlikely to be true for an upgraded car such as this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23453[/ATTACH]

And now I have the mental image of a completely wrecked car, covered in blood and gore, with a pair of tiny windscreen wipers whipping back and forth in vain. :-)

Maybe I'm wrong but he did say they take damage so hit them enough times should kill them. I just don't think it will be a one hit kill.

I'm sure bike or jeep the more you take time to just hit them with vehicles the more damage is going to be done to vehicle. So probably not worth it in the long run.

I think you're right, because I saw some gore piles when he got out of the car.

Joel or Roland I have some questions after watch video. Do you have answer for it:

- Will the ragdoll work with a zombie when explosion nearby?

- Will the zombie frame appear where the zombie ragdoll fell after the flight?

- Will transport lose speed when colliding with zombies or animals?

- Will a player on the run, if he encounters a zombie, shoot down one or more zombies from his feet?

- Will the transport have at least a minimal damage system?

Thanks.

Thanks MM great video! Ragdoll efect looks awesome.

If I plow through a Z at 100mph I expect most of what's left of them on the car to be removed by the windscreen wipers.

Now imagine that with BeamNG physics model. Car just for 10 second usage... :D

Removing wellness means removing all the disadvantages and benefits of the stat or its been integrated in some other way (I mean the passive effect of adding and removing stats from the player - rewarding staying alive and eating well)? If its gone for good players will never eat stew again, just rotting flesh - and just sell the good food for money...

Removing wellness means removing all the disadvantages and benefits of the stat or its been integrated in some other way (I mean the passive effect of adding and removing stats from the player - rewarding staying alive and eating well)? If its gone for good players will never eat stew again, just rotting flesh - and just sell the good food for money...

You are forgetting that he said the buffs system has been entirely rewritten. I am certain that eating rotten food will cause more harmful effects to your char, and eating good will gain you other benefits.

The wellness system was nothing but a spam chore. Everyone ALWAYS looks at the stats for the best type of food and exclusively makes it JUST to get their wellness up. That's not a system, that's a chore people plow through, a stumbling block. There was never a use for any other foods because why eat something else when stews is all you need to spam wellness up? With the new buffs system food can actually have MEANING.

Wellness hasn't meant a thing since adding the perk to auto get you to NEVER drop below 150. And baseline raised to 70. It's just an extra mechanic that ultimately does not serve much purpose. Once you get all your stamina perks up having 250 wellness isn't even a concern because when you DO lose stamina, by this time you can make beer etc.

You are forgetting that he said the buffs system has been entirely rewritten. I am certain that eating rotten food will cause more harmful effects to your char, and eating good will gain you other benefits.

(...)

Yeah, forget about the new buff system. Summing up, not removed, rewritten (maybe?). But still, the passive nature of wellness its a feature to be expanded, not removed entirely. It can be summarized as chore/stumbling block/whatever, but serious, in a survival game what isn't? If the game have more integration with the system it might make it more interesting and fun to keep up, not the hunting-farming-stew-perk-forget about it.

And about buffs and chores, keep a buff up is a more tedious (and spamming) task than a passive buff rewarding you to staying alive and and eating well - the problem in the game right now is that you simple just not lose wellness enough (and can get it up pretty fast).

Sounds like the attribute of Fortitude will advance your HP limit much like classic RPGs. There won’t be a “wellness” value that will directly be manipulated by eating and dying. I’m guessing you will lose fortitude when you die and that in turn will cause your HP limit to be reduced. Could even be that you could suffer level loss when you die which would reduce multiple attributes making the penalty a bit worse than the 10 wellness loss we have now.

Roland, you play A17. I saw in latest vid a pic on wall of someone named Noah. Can you comment on if there are any other new pictures we can use to spruce up our bases to look more homey.....or if someday we will be able to add our own pics to put up.

Hey MM-

I've been thinking about all those cinder blocks littering the roads and how much of a pain you seem to be having navigating the roads. How about maybe giving them an invisible pyramid or ramp shape so the vehicles will bump over them instead of coming to a direct stop? or something like that..

I agree, it would be nice if most if not all of them would be fixed so that you could bump over them, slow you down some but not make you stop dead.

didn't type to word "not"

Man that burnt out building looks fantastic. Like a real building burnt out. Amazing work on the art. Nice to hear the wellness system is done. It was always a spam fest to eat the best food and served no REAL tactical purpose. looking forward to attributes and character building.

An amazing video Joel, thank you. Vehicles are looking great.

- - - Updated - - -

I would hope not. Farming XP like that would be a terrible idea. Like the turrets it should not register kills. Or if it does count, it shouldn't give XP. It requires zero effort or risk.

I agree with Jax, getting skill points for running something over should not be allowed. We need to do the work to earn them and just running over a zombie isn't work, there is no danger in the killing of it.

Ya maybe now we can also get a way to push back zeds so we can defend our self!!

Are we there yet!! :)

I really really hope for something like that too!

I wouldn't mind if we had some visual effects that made it harder to aim when stunned but i dislike the passive gameplay that i can't do much until the stun passes. Much needed addition.

Stag and Doe:

I like in the Rocky Mountains and see real deer and elk and antelope on a regular basis. Stag/Doe are obviously modeled after Elk and not Deer. The necks of the stag/doe are too thick in game. Dial back the neck thickness a tad bit, but on the males make the hair a bit longer and droopy on the bottom of the neck. Only the males have a shaggy fur look on the neck, the doe should have normal length hair in the neck but just a darker color

I agree with Jax, getting skill points for running something over should not be allowed. We need to do the work to earn them and just running over a zombie isn't work, there is no danger in the killing of it.

what about if your buddy in a car runs them over to knock them down and you ran around and took them out with a club while they are down....although they did seem to recover pretty fast in the video...

I have a question.

Seeing the houses with amazing level of detail, i'm wondering if the block shape menu (

) will make it to A17? Rotation updates?

If the rotation remains similar as it's now, i have a small proposal:

Simple rotation does "Y" rotation.

rotations.GIF

Can we have hold "shift" to do "z" rotation in simple rotation?

This would make advanced rotation obsolete.

Archived