Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

what about if your buddy in a car runs them over to knock them down and you ran around and took them out with a club while they are down....although they did seem to recover pretty fast in the video...

Making a wild guess here, but the programing should know if a player killed the zombie or a vehicle. If a passenger jumps out and clubs the zombie then the player has killed it. Unfairly as it was "stunned" but then a zombie and stun us and kill us and I don't see that as fair in how long we are stunned so that is fair play.

I just don't believe that we should get points for running a zombie down with a car, bike or whatever as we didn't use our skills with a gun or bow.

Making a wild guess here, but the programing should know if a player killed the zombie or a vehicle. If a passenger jumps out and clubs the zombie then the player has killed it. Unfairly as it was "stunned" but then a zombie and stun us and kill us and I don't see that as fair in how long we are stunned so that is fair play.

I just don't believe that we should get points for running a zombie down with a car, bike or whatever as we didn't use our skills with a gun or bow.

not fair... not fair... well lets look at it from their prospective okay,

the only weapon a zombie has is his/her:

hands and teeth

they can only run at night

they get confused and run around in circles over a blade of grass

oh and some times can pull a ninja when player isnt looking

and puke.

the players have:

guns (different varieties and still begging for more)

explosives

electricity and electrical traps

vehicles to run from the zombies (and now they want tanks and airplanes so they can kill with ease)

they can run any time they want day or night

players build defenses that trap zombies and make killing zombies as easy as fishing from an aquarium

pills and foods and water to help with health, stamina

unlimited weight carrying capability and still want bigger back packs and storage

looks like the zombies have it rough, no wonder they are joining the local zombie union for equal rights. :)

#zombieEqualRightsGate (this ad was paid for by Trump himself... only he doesnt know it yet)

A lot of stuff going on, but I think the thing that I most interested is the future attribute system. Maybe it's just because I like messing with character stats, but this intrigues me.

I always felt it weird that each game I started, I am the same blank canvas as last time. It's weird since i'm an adult human out in the middle of nowhere (Or, in Navezgane, right in front of some random dude's house with a car, a half dead tree and a few spike pits that I can only assume is my own but I have no idea) and I got my underwear, a torch, a bandage and some food.

But, like, this zombie apocalypse maybe happened a few years ago. I should have some history in this world before it happened. Maybe I was a doctor? Or a cop? A construction worker? An engineer?

I feel like the attributes will help in that regard. Bonus points if it, going for a more classic RPG route, like Fallout 1, will allow us to give some points to some base skills.

If they want to get really interesting with it, maybe a history system. If you were a doctor (or perhaps just a med student, a doctor would know a signficant amount about the human body vs a med student) you could have a much higher base of medicine than the guy who was a cop, who would probably have a higher handgun skill than the guy who knows more about medicine.

Just some thoughts.

When car take damage by hitting zombies i don't see problem with XP because you are trying dodge zombies to not damage/broke car.

I would like see two things: It would be nice if you can shoot sitting character in car through window and second if passenger can shoot with one-hand guns out of window.

Roland, you play A17. I saw in latest vid a pic on wall of someone named Noah. Can you comment on if there are any other new pictures we can use to spruce up our bases to look more homey.....or if someday we will be able to add our own pics to put up.

I haven't really played much of A17. Right now there are quite a few of the features mentioned on the first page that are "under construction" which make the game pretty unplayable. Here is what I have done with A17:

1) Spawned in the Bicycle and the Hog and rode around on them for a bit. Bicycle will be a game changer for the early game once it is done. It is really awesome. The Hog is great too.

2) Flew over to Diersville to check out the new houses that were shown a few weeks back but it turned out they are still all in the editor and not implemented into the actual game yet.

3) Tested whether there were any other animations for the player such as looking/aiming up or down or swimming but....not yet.

4) Went on to screenshot the Launcher window so you guys could see the new settings for DX11 and Vulcan.

That's about it. I'm mostly playing 16.3 since that is the version that works with Sphereii's invisible HUD mod.

The only new picture I've noticed is the portrait of Noah and I don't know about plans to allow us to create hangable artwork although that would be pretty cool.

EDIT: just noticed it works for 16.4!!!

Hey MM-

I've been thinking about all those cinder blocks littering the roads and how much of a pain you seem to be having navigating the roads. How about maybe giving them an invisible pyramid or ramp shape so the vehicles will bump over them instead of coming to a direct stop? or something like that..

Agreed. My one concern from this last video is about collisions with cinder blocks and similar debris. If this is the Alpha where vehicles are 'done right,' there's got to be a middle ground between the vehicle going through the debris without slowing down, and the vehicle crashing to a complete stop. That probably means driving over/through the debris at reduced speed, since pushing the debris around with the car isn't very feasible in this kind of game.

I could imagine giving blocks a 'vehicle speed modifier' property so that cinder blocks, shrubs, spikes, and the like slow you down when driving through them. In fact it would be useful elsewhere, too. You could use such a feature to make driving on asphalt faster than driving on dirt.

3) Tested whether there were any other animations for the player such as looking/aiming up or down or swimming but....not yet.

ROLAND, swimming realy? Am I not sleeping? We will can swimming? Is this only animation or we can wait normal phisic of player swimming in game? Will we finally able to swim?

My 7DTD Alpha 17 2018 XMAS Wish List

1. Fix the Forge Smelting CDC, we wanted a Timer, not a count down clock. It's annoying & serves no purpose being in seconds.

2. It is hard to see the sights & I would like to have the option of changing colors/shapes/etc...Custom Sights

3. With the new Fur Texture I would like to see Fur Coats, gloves, boots, etc... & with the new Combine Option we can combine a Duster with a Fur Coat for a Fur Lining.

4. I would like Car & Burglar Alarms for Vehicles & POI's to give more of a challenge to looting. This could also be linked with Lock Picking adding a new skill to deactivate alarms.

5. I would like to see more Food Recipes, do something with Yucca, Pie? Stew? Pine Nuts?, remember the Grape Nuts Adds, some parts are edible. Greens were a Staple for Pioneer's crossing the Plains so this would be a good Early Game Meal.

6. Work on Water Exploration & Worm Cave System before any other Under Ground Requests because of Exploit Complaints.

Mining is part of the Game & I thought the New Worm Cave System with Sleepers was the way to go.

I don't want to take up too much space under next years tree so that is all for now.

Stag and Doe:

I like in the Rocky Mountains and see real deer and elk and antelope on a regular basis. Stag/Doe are obviously modeled after Elk and not Deer. The necks of the stag/doe are too thick in game. Dial back the neck thickness a tad bit, but on the males make the hair a bit longer and droopy on the bottom of the neck. Only the males have a shaggy fur look on the neck, the doe should have normal length hair in the neck but just a darker color

They could always just keep both versions in and label one as elk and one as deer. I'd prefer variety over having just one perfected model.

I don't understand what you were saying about the stun part, but I didn't mention the driver getting points for running zombies down. I was wondering if someone had knocked down a zombie with a car without killing it would you get point if you killed it with say a club or bow. I also said I noticed that the zombies almost stood up again right away so they don't seem to be really stunned.

ROLAND, swimming realy? Am I not sleeping? We will can swimming? Is this only animation or we can wait normal phisic of player swimming in game? Will we finally able to swim?

I guarantee you that Joel is not happy with the current animations for moving through water. It will get changed to something that looks decently like swimming from a 3rd person view.

I guarantee you that Joel is not happy with the current animations for moving through water. It will get changed to something that looks decently like swimming from a 3rd person view.

Hmmmm, the way you have guarantee makes me think there is already something done about it but you are under strict orders to not say anything but that you couldn't help putting a teaser in...

Hmmmm, the way you have guarantee makes me think there is already something done about it but you are under strict orders to not say anything but that you couldn't help putting a teaser in...

Lol...no. I already said I checked and it’s not. Water isn’t really slated for A17 so it might not be until later. I just know how particular Joel is about things looking good and there ain’t anything good looking about how we move through water. Neeb’s Gaming roasted the game on that issue. So no secret subtle tease. Just 100% confidence it won’t be left the way it is.

Lol...no. I already said I checked and it’s not. Water isn’t really slated for A17 so it might not be until later. I just know how particular Joel is about things looking good and there ain’t anything good looking about how we move through water. Neeb’s Gaming roasted the game on that issue. So no secret subtle tease. Just 100% confidence it won’t be left the way it is.

Ok, I believe you. Madmole does seem like the way swimming is now would get under his skin and would eat at him if he didn't fix it.

Funny you should mention Neeb's Gaming. I just watched all their vids of Subnautica and GTA IV. Those guys have to be the funniest on youtube. I was in stitches most of the time.

Yeah, forget about the new buff system. Summing up, not removed, rewritten (maybe?). But still, the passive nature of wellness its a feature to be expanded, not removed entirely. It can be summarized as chore/stumbling block/whatever, but serious, in a survival game what isn't? If the game have more integration with the system it might make it more interesting and fun to keep up, not the hunting-farming-stew-perk-forget about it.

And about buffs and chores, keep a buff up is a more tedious (and spamming) task than a passive buff rewarding you to staying alive and and eating well - the problem in the game right now is that you simple just not lose wellness enough (and can get it up pretty fast).

One thing that always annoyed me about the current system is: You could be near death, eat a meal then gain in health and wellness (bad). All the food would be used to heal you. You should gain nothing but healing if you are injured and you max health is above 100.

Looking forward to the intriguing new system.

Yeah, I'm sure he's a tough but fair boss on the artists. But LOOK at the amazing details of the buildings! I NEVER imagined voxel could look so good!

Neebsgaming is some of the best youtube content ive seen and they just started a 7DTD series... before that i've been watching the ark series... funny guys with great chemistry.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Roland... could you elaborate (for us non technical guys) on what that does for us and will it affect windows users or just linux and OS?

Archived