Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Yeah, here's to hoping that my hope can get some confirmation ^^

I was kind of expecting bandits to be delayed until the Z's have been updated to the new AI system and thrown to the public for playtesting. It took me the best part of a month to successfully mix the following systems...

Nested vision cones based on the limits of real human eyesight.

Event based behaviour tree.

Mecanim animation.

Unity's built-in navmesh system.

That was just to get two characters to see each other, run towards each other and punch until one falls down.

Have four AI groups as they are too different to code in one go.

1) Mindlessly aggressive: Current system - Mostly done.

2) Military type aggression: Advance toward and around target using cover. You can have a level of expertise and this would be hard to code.

Something like simulate the character is a light source and the NPC's will hide in the "shadows" created by rocks and trees, peeking around and taking a shot. This will make them seem intelligent to a degree.

Edit: I guess the more trained they are the more they will fallow this principal. so 50% trained they will hide behind cover 50% of the time. Also use this for percent losses before retreating.

3) Neutral (various levels): Some temporarily hide, some in open depending on their level with you.

4) Friendly: Advance in open and greet.

In reading A17 notes, there is little to nothing addressing the massive water features of the game. I would hope we could have one or more of the following:

-- Raft made of logs

-- Bike tide to raft to drive a paddle(s)

-- fishing

---- FISH!

-- water catcher - it rains so much why can't I leave jars out or use leather/hide/plastic to make a water catcher?

--- tunnel under water causing flooding or water underground in general

---- Shoreline hazards like Crocs

-- Crabs?

-- lampreys that suck your blood as you swim

Zombies should be pretty dumb since of their brain rotting away and such. However bandit ai and military ai should be something to be feared.

+1

When folks ask for zombies that dig, wear dynamite to break through walls, etc, I always think, “What you want are humans, not zombies...”

+1

When folks ask for zombies that dig, wear dynamite to break through walls, etc, I always think, “What you want are humans, not zombies...”

maybe add a feature where you can choose to play a Zombie instead of a human, you can die and its a one shot deal - dead is dead but you can re-roll a zombie.

+1

When this folk asks for zombies that dig or that go berserk and attack nearby player made blocks when they can detect a player but not get to the player, what I want are zombies with infected brains that can do those things because I don't want the exploits that currently exists due to their absence to continue to exist even in the early game.

I don't think digging and going rabidly berserk are outside the ability set of the current zombies we have. I don't want them picking up dynamite, or a pickaxe, or working an auger. Those would be humans. But bandits are not likely to show up early on due to the much higher difficulty they represent beyond zombies and I don't think the game needs to wait until a higher gamestage to make underground and stilt base living be threatened.

I'm all for humans also digging with tools and tactically taking out supports in addition to all of that above.

When this folk asks for zombies that dig or that go berserk and attack nearby player made blocks when they can detect a player but not get to the player, what I want are zombies with infected brains that can do those things because I don't want the exploits that currently exists due to their absence to continue to exist even in the early game.

I don't think digging and going rabidly berserk are outside the ability set of the current zombies we have. I don't want them picking up dynamite, or a pickaxe, or working an auger. Those would be humans. But bandits are not likely to show up early on due to the much higher difficulty they represent beyond zombies and I don't think the game needs to wait until a higher gamestage to make underground and stilt base living be threatened.

I'm all for humans also digging with tools and tactically taking out supports in addition to all of that above.

right now, if I am at bedrock, zombies can't get me. they seem to stop digging after a few blocks. so we need some sort of underground nemeses

right now, if I am at bedrock, zombies can't get me. they seem to stop digging after a few blocks. so we need some sort of underground nemeses

And I also don't think zombies should be able to detect you and dig all the way to bedrock. I think they might be able to detect your smell on your surface access points but bedrock digging isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about digging five blocks down and being safe. I'm talking about digging five blocks down at the edge of someone's LCB zone on horde night so zombies can't touch you but damage someone else's base. I'm talking about building an inverted L structure out of frame blocks and being perfectly safe.

You know....exploits.

Hey good news! I talked to Madmole today and his plan is to get a video out sometime this weekend. To help tide us over a bit until then I have an A17 picture that I was given the go ahead to show. Its nothing super sexy but I think it is good news and will make people happy about A17...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23444[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23445[/ATTACH]

Hey good news! I talked to Madmole today and his plan is to get a video out sometime this weekend. To help tide us over a bit until then I have an A17 picture that I was given the go ahead to show. Its nothing super sexy but I think it is good news and will make people happy about A17...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23444[/ATTACH]

That's a nice addition coming down the line.

wow I can't read that. lol

dang you're fast

Hmm, it doesn't have any stamp or seal... No badges. Don't tell me you don't need no stinking badges!

How can I do to watch those pictures? When I click on it, I receive a not permission message.

I think it has to do with how long you have been a forum member or how many posts you have made. It shows the Launcher. Directx9, Directx11, Vulkan, GLCore are all choices for Renderer. I'm not sure which of those are new so I listed them all for you. :)

I think it has to do with how long you have been a forum member or how many posts you have made. It shows the Launcher. Directx9, Directx11, Vulkan, GLCore are all choices for Renderer. I'm not sure which of those are new so I listed them all for you. :)

Thank you very muhc!

I have the same problem...

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Anyone like to post it differently so it can be seen please.

Here's the buff that I used at the time.

<buff id="classRunnerBuff" duration="0" stack="extend" type="staminaup" icon="ui_game_symbol_run" name_key="classRunnerBuffName" description_key="classRunnerBuffDesc" tooltip_key="classRunnerBuffTooltip" causes="classRunnerPill">
   <modify id="0" stat="stamina" amount=".75" rate="1"/>
<modify id="1" stat="speedmodifier" modifyMaxValue=".45"/>
<modify id="2" stat="speedmodifier" modifyValue=".45"/>
<modify id="3" stat="coretemp" modifyValue="12"/>
 </buff>

Thank you very much.

Didnt consider to edit the max value first. And all i found via Google said "Its impossible to edit"

Now i add

+Ecape Drug+

5000 coins only Buyable not sellable (+2 in extended startequip)

-2 Wellness

Stamina + 100

for 20 Seconds

5 Stamina per second

50% Run speed

+40 Degree Core temp

and i need to debuff and protect against this paralysis

WOOOOOOOOP WOOOOOOP !! Boring Alert Boring Alert!!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=video+of+a+red+light+alarm&&view=detail&mid=C9678E97F5C9A91414CCC9678E97F5C9A91414CC&FORM=VRDGAR

My job is to underwhelm so that Madmole can bring the shock and awe.

But, to be fair, there have been quite a few threads from people hoping for Vulcan support and DirectX11 support going back for at least a year or two. I was excited when I opened the A17 launcher for the first time and saw the new options....

Archived