Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Yeah, no doubt. Have special little hubs left untouched with new(ish) looking poi's around the map. Give the false feeling of it being safer and inviting then... Bam! all hell breaks loose :evil:

I am scared for your neighbourhood lol. You evil plotter you......

Haha but yeh no fun if hell don't break loose from a false sense of safety.....

@madmole, you said class specific player progression will be part. I wonder if a player will learn all skills. I understand on server if a player don't learn all skill, but in single player if he doesn't all skill then it will be problem or more resource consuming etc. But really love to see all class specific stuff.

For vehicle hitting zombie, I guess minibike still cannot do that, because you know they are not that powerful? Maybe, but how awesome it will be if we get a horde on road waiting while we drive say for 10 game minute a horde spawn to get hit by player..

And does hitting count it as kill by player or like blast they are not player kills ?

not so sure I am gonna be happy with this stat thing. As it stands it is a bit formless, but it is also very fun this way. you start introducing things like strength, then you will logically follow along with carry capacity and the like. and for a building game, that can be bad.

stats such as health and endurance I can understand, you need those for combat. but strength to add damage is already handled with a perk. dexterity to add precision, handled with a perk. please don't turn this into fallout or dnd style stats.

Man that burnt out building looks fantastic. Like a real building burnt out. Amazing work on the art. Nice to hear the wellness system is done. It was always a spam fest to eat the best food and served no REAL tactical purpose. looking forward to attributes and character building.

An amazing video Joel, thank you. Vehicles are looking great.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey @MadMole do you get the kills when you run over zombies?

I would hope not. Farming XP like that would be a terrible idea. Like the turrets it should not register kills. Or if it does count, it shouldn't give XP. It requires zero effort or risk.

Hey @MadMole do you get the kills when you run over zombies?

It didn't really appear to be killing them. It was more of a knockback with ragdolling effect. I think this is actually the best solution. Killing them with a vehicle was fun but OP but making your vehicle come to a standstill was no fun. If the car doesn't kill them but doesn't bring the vehicle to a standstill upon impact then you have the fun without it being an op easy button mechanic.

More importantly, if they can now have the zombies ragdoll BEFORE they are dead then perhaps they can have them fall over cliff edges more naturally rather than toothpicking to the bottom and landing on their feet.

It didn't really appear to be killing them. It was more of a knockback with ragdolling effect. I think this is actually the best solution. Killing them with a vehicle was fun but OP but making your vehicle come to a standstill was no fun. If the car doesn't kill them but doesn't bring the vehicle to a standstill upon impact then you have the fun without it being an op easy button mechanic.

More importantly, if they can now have the zombies ragdoll BEFORE they are dead then perhaps they can have them fall over cliff edges more naturally rather than toothpicking to the bottom and landing on their feet.

Maybe the spikes on the front of the motorbike can be an optional part that does damage to zombies, while degrading with use.

Ya maybe now we can also get a way to push back zeds so we can defend our self!!

Are we there yet!! :)

I hope that can be modded lol. For if I hit something with a vehicle (whether or not into thru a fence to get it or not is a different story lol) that will be either dead or very very close to it lol. I also imagine if you hot a zombie with a vehicle and due to the decay of the body it would fall apart lol

I hope that can be modded lol. For if I hit something with a vehicle (whether or not into thru a fence to get it or not is a different story lol) that will be either dead or very very close to it lol. I also imagine if you hot a zombie with a vehicle and due to the decay of the body it would fall apart lol

I am sure you can have this, but if you hit a tree the car make "BOOOOM"

If you want realism, ... lol

I know the car physics and the new zombie collisions with vehicles are just prototype but they should work things so the zombies dont just stick to your car.

Going up in the air is hilarious, but they should fly over the back of the cars - but im sure they will have that sorted soon enough. I could watch MM running zombies over all day long.

Need those nasty cinderblocks gone asap - or at least physics enough for cars and even bikes to go over them (which they could irl)

When MM spawned the doe, then exclaimed 'No animals were hurt in the making of this video' before taking the shotgun to it - I howled with laughter and literally came close to pissing myself.

That was ♥♥♥♥ing hilarious xDDDDDDD

One way to solve the OP issue is just make it so using vehicles doesn't give points for kills.

Also, judging by the artwork on the jeep, with physical weapons on the front, that seems designed for killing. Just a thought.

Ya maybe now we can also get a way to push back zeds so we can defend our self!!

Are we there yet!! :)

A shield would be nice. Have it where you could run with it in front of you and it knocks them back or something like that. While not running instead of using it as a weapon that just does damage have it where you can knock them back when hit like a push knock back instead of a hit. Of course the using it as a blocking shield just holding it in front of you. It would give a few seconds to regroup or just simply run away. Maybe have two kinds the typical one handed kind and the full body kind that swat team uses.

One way to solve the OP issue is just make it so using vehicles doesn't give points for kills.

Also, judging by the artwork on the jeep, with physical weapons on the front, that seems designed for killing. Just a thought.

Maybe I'm wrong but he did say they take damage so hit them enough times should kill them. I just don't think it will be a one hit kill.

I'm sure bike or jeep the more you take time to just hit them with vehicles the more damage is going to be done to vehicle. So probably not worth it in the long run.

Can every block that appears on roads also be given ragdoll properties so they get knocked or destroyed by incoming vehicles depending on speed? The vehicle / player could take some damage depending on what vehicle and how hard the obstacle was hit. Maybe they can even knock the player out of the vehicle in some instances? Feels like we should also be able to knock down trees and smash into buildings if we go fast enough.

Kamikaze Duke's castle?

Also on the subject of killing zombies with cars...

The weaker zombies should surely be getting killed or dismembered at the very least. A penalty to constantly killing zombies with the vehicle could be that the vehicle takes damage from the impacts. Maybe it ♥♥♥♥s up the wheels constantly getting bones and brains clogged inside? If the vehicle repair system is made to be somewhat deeper than simply using a repair kit then players will be much more reluctant to go carmegeden constantly, especially if some parts are rare or hard to craft.

Surely damage should be directly proportional to the speed of the impact?

If I nudge a Z at 10mph then they might fall over with a nasty bruise or perhaps cling to the bonnet and try to attack me through the windshield. If I plow through a Z at 100mph I expect most of what's left of them on the car to be removed by the windscreen wipers.

btw -

"I can assure you guys no animals were harmed during the making of this video..."

<gives deer a shotgun enema>

Now that's comedy!

Also on the subject of killing zombies with cars...

The weaker zombies should surely be getting killed or dismembered at the very least. A penalty to constantly killing zombies with the vehicle could be that the vehicle takes damage from the impacts. Maybe it ♥♥♥♥s up the wheels constantly getting bones and brains clogged inside? If the vehicle repair system is made to be somewhat deeper than simply using a repair kit then players will be much more reluctant to go carmegeden constantly, especially if some parts are rare or hard to craft.

This would be a great way to balance car vs zombie damage. It also opens the way for car upgrades such as bull-bars or a cow-catcher to reduce damage to the vehicle at the cost of extra weight, resources, and reduced acceleration.

Archived