Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Madmole,

Question about the new POIs...

With all the new different versions of buildings being put out...they are very cool by the way..

What changes in game allowed for the mass diversification?

Was it the new version of Unity ?

Was it skills of the new designers?

Time allowed ?

Combination?

Many new tools and functions in the editor.

New block shapes and textures to solve specific problems.

More manpower. I'm not directly involved in this but it does take multiple passes to get one such prefab shippable... and someone has to do the work.

On a bike it's not completely insane. The bike is highly mobile and you wouldn't have a hand free to aim a pintle-mounted MG.

Maybe for a High speed fight on a straight Highway. Can we expect this as new content ? :)

Please imagine the use at 0:58 with a fixed version where you need to bring the vehicle in line

FIXED guns, There is no way to aim.

If you slow down you hit the ground in your front, if you speed up you shoot in the sky. And to hit something you need to move perfect straight.

In real only planes and helicopter have fixed Weapons, and there it make sense.

Moving the steering wheel a bit would aim it. Add bullet drop and firing while advancing from 500 to 200 meters would be deadly. If you starting firing closer it would still be OK for suppressing the enemy.

FIXED guns, There is no way to aim.

If you slow down you hit the ground in your front, if you speed up you shoot in the sky. And to hit something you need to move perfect straight.

In real only planes and helicopter have fixed Weapons, and there it make sense.

You're right in that a fixed mount bullet-hose strapped to the front of a land vehicle would be pretty useless. You're also right about the mini-gun gor'ram jeep from "The 100" being pointless in a real-life combat scenario.

Here's my logic for adding frikkin' mini-guns to cars in the zombie apocalypse.

1) Z's don't tend to dive for cover, making them essentially stationary targets which are far easier to hit than something with a working pre-frontal cortex.

2) It wouldn't be too much of an engineering challenge to add a small lever for the driver to fine-tune the aiming of the gun once it's pointed in roughly the right direction. It would no longer be a truly fixed-mount at this point and would probably feel like the crazy aiming system of "Time-splitters 2" (damn I loved that game).

3) I want one :-)

^timesplitters crazy aiming system.

^the fun to be had attaching frikkin' mini-guns to cars.

<trigger warning - contains words ruder than bum>

--edit-

In practical game purposes the fine aiming can be done with a simple auto-aim script. Point the car in the general direction of a horde and press the trigger, it would still make running Z's harder to hit.

--edit--

- - - Updated - - -

Gubbins? Did you just say gubbins? What the heck is a gubbins?! I really want to know!

Definition of gubbins

1 dialectal, British : fish parings or refuse; broadly : any bits and pieces : scraps

2 British : gadgets, gadgetry

the gubbins for changing a tire

all the navigational gubbins —J. L. Rhys

3 British : a foolish or futile person : simpleton

you silly gubbins

I was going for definition 2. I've lived on this damn island for decades now and I've never even heard of definitions 1 or 3. :-)

If you think about it, you are also able to fly if you ever utilise the full power of your brain.

In other words: no.

So wellness is being removed without replacement? I'm hoping not, because that would suck. The fact you have to care about your health is one of the things that really appealed to me when I bought the game, and it's one of the points I mention to others who enjoy a bit more authenticity in their games...

So wellness is being removed without replacement? I'm hoping not, because that would suck. The fact you have to care about your health is one of the things that really appealed to me when I bought the game, and it's one of the points I mention to others who enjoy a bit more authenticity in their games...

Who said anything about without replacement? MM specifically said it was being replaced with attributes and a buff system.

The whole Wellness/Stamina thing was wonky.

How could you have 200 stamina and at the same time, 1 health left? You're at deaths door, yet can chop down 10 trees??? WTF?

So, it needed a major rework or scrap the whole thing and try something new.

The rewrite would have been your stamina can never be higher than your current health remaining. Looking forward to what they got. :)

after playing so long is tedious that after being super equipped and with all the machines created, having to go for there are looking for nests

possible solusion: hen house the future at your reach, raise chickens to get eggs, raise eggs to get chickens and rabbits to get meat if the future in your hands,

Call now and we'll get you a chicken gift if a chicken

call

whaaaat

778697994_o.jpg?nc=378

aka associated "bumf" or a nicer way of saying "stuff". My dad used to say gubbins all the time when I was a kid and I grew thinking that was what the insides of a turkey were called....

You're not far wrong... the inside bits of fowl, including turkey, are giblets.

Ooooh! A slaughterhouse POI with lots of melee weapons scattered around. That would be cool. :-)

after playing so long is tedious that after being super equipped and with all the machines created, having to go for there are looking for nests possible solusion: hen house the future at your reach, raise chickens to get eggs, raise eggs to get chickens and rabbits to get meat if the future in your hands, ....

I like what ValMOD did for the "chicken coop." You have a craftable item that places a birds nest. The nest becomes harvestable after a set number of days. It was a single block and fit in well with the world.

Why there is still no car on the feature list.

Car or riot!

The car isn't being added as of now anyway. They are just using it as a place holder for the Jeep. The jeep isn't completely ready yet. It most likely will be but until it is it isn't getting put on the list.

But have I missed something it says wellness has been dropped. So they are not going to rework it now?

The car isn't being added as of now anyway. They are just using it as a place holder for the Jeep. The jeep isn't completely ready yet. It most likely will be but until it is it isn't getting put on the list.

But have I missed something it says wellness has been dropped. So they are not going to rework it now?

Well....... There may be a slim chance that the unfinished car will be in the game files. Then perhaps it could be modded in? :)

Also, the new physics may make it possible for modders to make vehicles. Who knows...

Yes, the current wellness system is going away as far as I can work out. And good riddance I say.

But of cause it will be replaced... And with a much better system too... Why would you think otherwise?

I like what ValMOD did for the "chicken coop." You have a craftable item that places a birds nest. The nest becomes harvestable after a set number of days. It was a single block and fit in well with the world.

I like that system, but I would prefer something more aesthetic for the original version

Archived