Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

It should explode with just one bullet, it's a gas barrel after all. I'm fine if arrows don't, but bullets definitely should.

Yeah, gas barrels don't actually explode when shot at though... well, they do in movies

Edit: it was answered already, redundant post

Flying is easy. All you have to do is throw yourself at the ground, and miss.

It's kind of like SI, once you've broken the physics they stay broken.

Lol, I must admit I've never thought of it like that before, but I like it. After all, I guess that is how we get satellites.

First time posting in a forum. Not sure if this is the right place or even what I'm doing.

I recently started playing VR games. I'd leave my real life and live to play 7days in VR. Let's make this happen.

As I recall, Madmole has stated that VR was one of the earlier goals of this game, but they decided to put off for a while to let other developers work out how to do it (since it's still an early technology). Then they would work on it once most of the kinks and problems get solved or worked out. Let's be honest, the free roaming/motion sickness aspect of VR certainly needs some innovation right now.

@ almightypmj

Motion Sikness is something you get used to as you play in VR. I played 7d2d with vorpx and 3d tridef, but with the first one it looks like a projection in front of the eyes and with the second one, it looks like in 3D but the performance goes down a lot. I want to try it with the new rendering engine and tridef but I do not have much hope. His would be a native vr version. I am sure that the VR community would appreciate this title, there are many youtubers in VR that test all the VR titles that fall into their hands and this is as good or more than any AAA. But time to time. At the moment I am very grateful to TFP for the great work they are doing, it's amazing.

First time posting in a forum. Not sure if this is the right place or even what I'm doing.

I recently started playing VR games. I'd leave my real life and live to play 7days in VR. Let's make this happen.

This is already planned. It was one of the kickstarter goals.

However, it's most likely gonna happen way after the game goes gold.

Motion Sikness is something you get used to as you play in VR.

I didn't say you don't get used to it, what I'm saying is that it needs work. For one thing most first person games on VR right now are either stand in place and let the enemy come to you, or they have a teleport system to move you around. It's one thing if you are able to move around with your own legs, but from my experience you feel like your on a theme park ride or something if you moving around without your legs going anywhere. For a neat experience though, try Descent: underground or Overload. :smile-new:

If you're on about vulkan and dx11 it'll probably have more of an effect on windows systems. Graphics drivers and other such visual gubbins are notoriously slow to make their way to linux... assuming they work at all.

Gubbins? Did you just say gubbins? What the heck is a gubbins?! I really want to know!

Please, please dont add such a bull♥♥♥♥. I allready have issues to accept the senssless spikes on the Bike. But a fixed gun on a vehicle is so absurd stupid it break my immersion completly.

"The 100" did this allready to me

301the100_001454_c47.jpg

Lol guns on vehicles and bikes are in real life how is that immersion breaking lol.

Lol guns on vehicles and bikes are in real life how is that immersion breaking lol.

FIXED guns, There is no way to aim.

If you slow down you hit the ground in your front, if you speed up you shoot in the sky. And to hit something you need to move perfect straight.

In real only planes and helicopter have fixed Weapons, and there it make sense.

Madmole,

Question about the new POIs...

With all the new different versions of buildings being put out...they are very cool by the way..

What changes in game allowed for the mass diversification?

Was it the new version of Unity ?

Was it skills of the new designers?

Time allowed ?

Combination?

Just wondering because the change is substantial...in design and content within the buildings themselves.

Regards

Ouch

How about giving us these new buildings for Christmas...none of the new systems until they are done...but the building content would be nice to open Christmas morning. Hint hint

I'd be happy with a bicycle smiley-xmas-2.jpg

FIXED guns, There is no way to aim.

If you slow down you hit the ground in your front, if you speed up you shoot in the sky. And to hit something you need to move perfect straight.

In real only planes and helicopter have fixed Weapons, and there it make sense.

On a bike it's not completely insane. The bike is highly mobile and you wouldn't have a hand free to aim a pintle-mounted MG.

Also, Batman did it.

He rarely uses firearms but he uses multi-barrel machine guns... because.

Archived