Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Yeah the current wellness stamina system was always a little weird...glad they will be replacing it with a stamina and buff system...and with weapons and equipment coming soon with special stats and or abilities...things like Borderlands and Diablo for gear in this game I think will be cool...

Well....... There may be a slim chance that the unfinished car will be in the game files. Then perhaps it could be modded in? :)

Also, the new physics may make it possible for modders to make vehicles. Who knows...

Yes, the current wellness system is going away as far as I can work out. And good riddance I say.

But of cause it will be replaced... And with a much better system too... Why would you think otherwise?

Yeah I figured you would be able to mod it but I was talking about vanilla version. As of now I don't think it will be added is what I was meaning.

Yeah I know about the wellness but on the first page under the dropped features it said wellness. So I'm a little confuses is all. Because talk about wellness change for a week and then it is dropped?

Dropped Features: Served up with total disappointment...

• Behemoth
  • Ziplines
  • Wellness

Or is it the old wellness dropped? I don't know a little confusing maybe needs worded differently.

I like what ValMOD did for the "chicken coop." You have a craftable item that places a birds nest. The nest becomes harvestable after a set number of days. It was a single block and fit in well with the world.

Yeah i reffer to it as "my pet chicken... or dinner"

Yeah I figured you would be able to mod it but I was talking about vanilla version. As of now I don't think it will be added is what I was meaning.

Yeah I know about the wellness but on the first page under the dropped features it said wellness. So I'm a little confuses is all. Because talk about wellness change for a week and then it is dropped?

Or is it the old wellness dropped? I don't know a little confusing maybe needs worded differently.

There is no new wellness or old wellness. There is only a single wellness system in the game and it is being dropped for A17. If there are discussions speculating about wellness by community members causing confusion then just disregard those. In the video Madmole said we are getting rid of wellness. He said there would be a new comprehensive buff system as well as a new health and stamina system.

So wellness as we know it is being dropped and the new systems that will take over will not be a single replacement system that is a synonym to wellness. In other words, "Fortitude" does not equal "Wellness"

I think I made it pretty simple. Wellness is dropped. Period. :)

There is no new wellness or old wellness. There is only a single wellness system in the game and it is being dropped for A17. If there are discussions speculating about wellness by community members causing confusion then just disregard those. In the video Madmole said we are getting rid of wellness. He said there would be a new comprehensive buff system as well as a new health and stamina system.

So wellness as we know it being dropped and the new systems that will take over will not be a single replacement system that is a synonym to wellness. In other words, "Fortitude" does not equal "Wellness"

I think I made it pretty simple. Wellness is dropped. Period. :)

That's fine understand just seems more like change/replace more then dropped. To me drop is something that hasn't made it to the game yet but who am I to say differently.

Oh, I see what you mean. I can understand that perspective. I changed it by moving it up to the list above it.

I guess its best to keep that last list as short as possible for people's blood pressure anyway...lol

Lol I don't know about that. It just could be confusing or at least for me not sure about others. So I just asked about it. Now it was explained I'm good. Lol

Definition of gubbins

1 dialectal, British : fish parings or refuse; broadly : any bits and pieces : scraps

2 British : gadgets, gadgetry

the gubbins for changing a tire

all the navigational gubbins —J. L. Rhys

3 British : a foolish or futile person : simpleton

you silly gubbins

I was going for definition 2. I've lived on this damn island for decades now and I've never even heard of definitions 1 or 3. :-)

LOL, thanks! I'd never heard of the term. And as for definition #3, turns out I've been living among the gubbins all my life, right here in the good ole U S of A! Who'da thunk it?!

When I read Roland's first reply, I was thinking: Yeah nailed it, and thanks for the additional clarity...

But then, yeah, maybe not too clear...

All the talk about the new buff system affecting everything from guns, stats and who knows...

Guess I just assumed it would effect you directly as well. Especially since the word came out, that wellness is being dropped.

I haven't known TFP for giving us less... It's usually the other way around.

What about distant grass? or distant trees...or anything besides textured mountains. The most annoying thing is when the grass suddenly dissapeares 10 meters in front of you and it's just terrain

More RAM + better video settings will solve that grass disappearing 10 meters in front of you business. :)

View distance to 11 or 12 chunks

Grass distance to very far

All the talk about the new buff system affecting everything from guns, stats and who knows...

Guess I just assumed it would effect you directly as well. Especially since the word came out, that wellness is being dropped.

I haven't known TFP for giving us less... It's usually the other way around.

They give us less all the time, if you want to look at it that way. Less blocky terrain, less sharpened stones, less HUD elements, less crafting grid, less meats, less molds, less calipers, less cave complexity, less one-off blocks, less books, less spam crafting... :)

LOL, thanks! I'd never heard of the term. And as for definition #3, turns out I've been living among the gubbins all my life, right here in the good ole U S of A! Who'da thunk it?!

We have been invaded by Gubbins....they are every where. It does explains of bit of the world as it is today.

They give us less all the time, if you want to look at it that way. Less blocky terrain, less sharpened stones, less HUD elements, less crafting grid, less meats, less molds, less calipers, less cave complexity, less one-off blocks, less books, less spam crafting... :)

Man, some of that made me SAD :(

Any chance we can make the following change to Electricity.

Only show the wires when the Wire tool is in your hand. otherwise hide them. they currently make a house look like a spider web

I definitely disagree with this change idea; one, I like the look but two, more importantly, it's would make it MUCH harder to see what's broken after cop spit.

Hide your wires in an attic, crawl or walls. =)

More Poi's, more tools on shape selecting, more vehicles, more weapons mods (A17), more deer (male and female A17), more variety in shapes and sizes of towns, an extra town in navezgane, more traders, more sky scrapers, more electricity, more crucible, more sway, more ambience. :)

We just barely got the first version of distant buildings so it is not in it's final form yet. Madmole has said that they will do their best to make distant terrain sync better with actual current terrain but in this first version it is all based off of the initial load of the world so changes will not show up. There are still plans in the works for the distant terrain feature so hopefully some of these problems will be fixed.

Floating partial structures will probably not get fixed until beta once optimization happen. Right now if falling debris will overwhelm your system then it doesn't happen.

Thank you for taking time to answer me!

You and your team doing great stuff, keep it up! :)

Regards...

Archived