Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

wait we can swim in 3rd person view now?

When playing multiplayer and you watch someone else animating, your view of them is a 3rd person view. Go join a server and watch someone cross a stream and you’ll immediately understand why this game won’t go gold until that is improved.

Neebsgaming is some of the best youtube content ive seen and they just started a 7DTD series... before that i've been watching the ark series... funny guys with great chemistry.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Roland... could you elaborate (for us non technical guys) on what that does for us and will it affect windows users or just linux and OS?

If you're on about vulkan and dx11 it'll probably have more of an effect on windows systems. Graphics drivers and other such visual gubbins are notoriously slow to make their way to linux... assuming they work at all.

Joel or Roland I have some questions after watch video. Do you have answer for it:

- Will the ragdoll work with a zombie when explosion nearby?

- Will the zombie frame appear where the zombie ragdoll fell after the flight?

- Will transport lose speed when colliding with zombies or animals?

- Will a player on the run, if he encounters a zombie, shoot down one or more zombies from his feet?

- Will the transport have at least a minimal damage system?

Thanks.

Roland, do you now somethink about this?

i allways used red barrels to explode beers and many zombies, but you cant ignite them with guns and bullets? in alpha 15 you could ignite them with arrows and now not even bullets do the job, but when i used my axe on it i died, so is this a bug?

I think they have a chance of blowing up. It's not 100% guaranteed that it will.

Just keep shooting...

i allways used red barrels to explode beers and many zombies, but you cant ignite them with guns and bullets? in alpha 15 you could ignite them with arrows and now not even bullets do the job, but when i used my axe on it i died, so is this a bug?

It seems to me like they have more XP in a16 than they had in a15. Now it may take you several arrows or a few bullets, but before you could blow it in one shot. I tried lowering the HP in blocks.xml and I was able to reliably blow the barrel in one shot. I have mine modded to have a larger blast radius and do more damage so I can use a small handful to take out an entire prefab. But be careful with things like that. Significantly increasing the blast radius and chaining too many together causes really bad lag as the game tries to calculate all of it.

Having just watched the latest video, I've got to say I have some reservations about the removal of wellness..

Stats and such are fine, and as you're going for a fallout style game it makes sense, especially if those stats are moddable.

But I'm really hoping you have something planned to replace wellness, as it is one of my favourite features about this game, that you actually have to think about what you eat, and nutrition is important. People complain about stews, but they include meat and veg, a healthy diet. Hopefully any new system will also encourage this, and not just be a flat removal of the need to eat quality food for your long term health...

Having just watched the latest video, I've got to say I have some reservations about the removal of wellness..

Stats and such are fine, and as you're going for a fallout style game it makes sense, especially if those stats are moddable.

I hope there continues to be a progression.xml where we can tinker with the levelling system. Customizing perks can be a lot of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

It should explode with just one bullet, it's a gas barrel after all. I'm fine if arrows don't, but bullets definitely should.

In the current vanilla game it takes 2 or 3 sniper rifle shots :-(

It should explode with just one bullet, it's a gas barrel after all. I'm fine if arrows don't, but bullets definitely should.

well it might explode or it might just start leaking or it might leak and catch fire. you really have to have a good gas/Oxygen mix to get a good explosion.

But I'm really hoping you have something planned to replace wellness, as it is one of my favourite features about this game, that you actually have to think about what you eat, and nutrition is important. People complain about stews, but they include meat and veg, a healthy diet. Hopefully any new system will also encourage this, and not just be a flat removal of the need to eat quality food for your long term health...

If you think about it 'Wellness' isn't going anywhere, Its getting renamed to 'Fortitude' is all. A category that is more versatile and encompasses wellness, among many other things.

If you think about it 'Wellness' isn't going anywhere, Its getting renamed to 'Fortitude' is all. A category that is more versatile and encompasses wellness, among many other things.

If you think about it, you are also able to fly if you ever utilise the full power of your brain.

In other words: no.

Moderator Note: I will be cleaning up anything not on topic to this latest video at least for the next several pages. Ask questions and give feedback on the video and keep other topics to other parts of the forum. If Madmole returns to answer questions and make additinal comments I don't want him to have to sift through a lot of off-topic posts. Thank you.

--Roland

The video cannot be played???

not fair... not fair... well lets look at it from their prospective okay,

the only weapon a zombie has is his/her:

hands and teeth

they can only run at night

they get confused and run around in circles over a blade of grass

oh and some times can pull a ninja when player isnt looking

and puke.

the players have:

guns (different varieties and still begging for more)

explosives

electricity and electrical traps

vehicles to run from the zombies (and now they want tanks and airplanes so they can kill with ease)

they can run any time they want day or night

players build defenses that trap zombies and make killing zombies as easy as fishing from an aquarium

pills and foods and water to help with health, stamina

unlimited weight carrying capability and still want bigger back packs and storage

looks like the zombies have it rough, no wonder they are joining the local zombie union for equal rights. :)

#zombieEqualRightsGate (this ad was paid for by Trump himself... only he doesnt know it yet)

On the flip side

Zombies can run in circles till the player is so confused in which way is which that the zombie can suddenly turn and hit you, stun you and kill you.

You don't get credit for using the traps, electricity and such (unless my memory is wrong and we do get them)

vehicles can run out of gas while in the wastelands and you are fair game (laughed when I watched a player did that, should have checked to see if he had fuel first)

zombies never run out of stamina

zombies can bust through the walls and make your base fall down on top of you like a ton of bricks

players have to find food, water and pills and zombies are in the those places so you are taking a chance of dying in the process

on larger backpacks, that's not fair, I resemble that remark in wanting bigger ones :)

As for membership for the Equal Rights Organization,

There is limited members, the wandering hordes keep not showing up, there have been claims in players interfering as they are in the same area, but no proof that they are interfering with them, as no bodies or gore blocks are being found.

On Trump -- no comment (don't want to get Roland mad at me)

:playful:

I don't understand what you were saying about the stun part, but I didn't mention the driver getting points for running zombies down. I was wondering if someone had knocked down a zombie with a car without killing it would you get point if you killed it with say a club or bow. I also said I noticed that the zombies almost stood up again right away so they don't seem to be really stunned.

Sorry, must have misunderstood you. I was going with that drivers would get skill points for running down a zombie, but I don't see that as fair as we aren't killing it, the car is. In stun, when a zombie hits us we are stunned and they can continue hitting us and we could die. If we hit them with a car that should stun them and give a passenger the chance to jump out and kill the zombie, which should let the player get skill points then, fair is fair in the area of stunning.

I was thinking that they would stand up but still for a second be stunned, giving the passenger time to reach out the window and club the zombie, shoot a gun or bow at it. If the zombie isn't stunned it can turn and hit at the passenger and stun them so they are then safe from being killed by said passenger.

Should have clarified better.

Sorry, must have misunderstood you. I was going with that drivers would get skill points for running down a zombie, but I don't see that as fair as we aren't killing it, the car is. In stun, when a zombie hits us we are stunned and they can continue hitting us and we could die. If we hit them with a car that should stun them and give a passenger the chance to jump out and kill the zombie, which should let the player get skill points then, fair is fair in the area of stunning.

I was thinking that they would stand up but still for a second be stunned, giving the passenger time to reach out the window and club the zombie, shoot a gun or bow at it. If the zombie isn't stunned it can turn and hit at the passenger and stun them so they are then safe from being killed by said passenger.

Should have clarified better.

No problem Janna :) Yeah I agree hitting them with cars shouldn't give you points. As for the stun. I noticed that when Madmole hit the zombies and knocked them down, to me at least, they seemed to almost get up right away and continue on. Anyway as they always tell us, it's a work in progress so will have to see when experimental comes out how it really works.

How's your shoulder by the way? You getting any time in on 7DTD?

@Gamida,

It's much better, thanks. Had to stop for a while as the angle I had my arm was impinging my shoulder, switched to a different physical therapy movement and it is doing better, will start back to playing in a few days. Bought a controller and will try to learn how to use it, Steam one is lousy, my son tried it out as I have never used one and he didn't like it, said I would find it frustrating.

When playing multiplayer and you watch someone else animating, your view of them is a 3rd person view. Go join a server and watch someone cross a stream and you’ll immediately understand why this game won’t go gold until that is improved.

Really now? Another lost moment of time, and joke/sarcasm.

@Gamida,

It's much better, thanks. Had to stop for a while as the angle I had my arm was impinging my shoulder, switched to a different physical therapy movement and it is doing better, will start back to playing in a few days. Bought a controller and will try to learn how to use it, Steam one is lousy, my son tried it out as I have never used one and he didn't like it, said I would find it frustrating.

Glad to hear you will soon be back at it...I would have gone nuts if I couldn't have played for a long period of time. I have never used a controller as I am a "keyboard and mouse" person, but I wish the way we drove the vehicles was better. Would love to be able to steer with the mouse and use w ans s keys for forwards and backwards and spacebar as brake.

Madmole,

Question about the new POIs...

With all the new different versions of buildings being put out...they are very cool by the way..

What changes in game allowed for the mass diversification?

Was it the new version of Unity ?

Was it skills of the new designers?

Time allowed ?

Combination?

Just wondering because the change is substantial...in design and content within the buildings themselves.

Regards

Ouch

How about giving us these new buildings for Christmas...none of the new systems until they are done...but the building content would be nice to open Christmas morning. Hint hint

How about giving us these new buildings for Christmas...none of the new systems until they are done...but the building content would be nice to open Christmas morning. Hint hint

Maybe they could add a Christmas tree to certain poi's with presents under them that we could loot lol....if it didn't offend non-christmas celebrating players of course...

Archived