Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

You will be soooo happy to know I fixed the dog and wolf character controller height today, so they can fit through 1m high openings.

Good! haha now we need crawlers to fit too. And feral radiated cops. They are so underpowered . :crushed: . Also, more head bobbing and triplehits from radiated feral spider zombies would be cool, as long as they keep that cool theatrical breakdancing on death.

On a more serious note, very nice work, can't wait!.

You will be soooo happy to know I fixed the dog and wolf character controller height today, so they can fit through 1m high openings.

FAATAL, can you make XML parametr for player character height with state 1 and 0.

0 - [default] standart height, player can't go into 1m block.

1 - player can go into 1m block

FAATAL, can you make XML parametr for height player character with state 1 and 0.

It would be more realistic if fat characters didn't fit through the smaller holes. If you eat too much, your character should automatically get fat.

It would be more realistic if fat characters didn't fit through the smaller holes. If you eat too much, your character should automatically get fat.

And also have greater stamina drain and be likely to experience a "heart problems" debuff?

I didn't realize that you were part of the Immersion/Realism camp!

Roland, what about torch in Alpha 17? Will can it require fuel for burning and lighting? Will can fuel is finishing in torch? It will be to force us get electric light so faster. And it will be atmosferic, when fuel finished in torch during we explore some dark parts of houses at night )

IIRC, Project Zomboid has a system like this where if you eat too much junk, your character will eventually become fat or something to that effect.

In other news... These forums are depressing. Same old, same old for months now =(

And also have greater stamina drain and be likely to experience a "heart problems" debuff?

I didn't realize that you were part of the Immersion/Realism camp!

I still believe that people should have fun playing games and realism shouldn't hinder their fun experience, but in the same time, some parts of realism are fun and some aren't.

Here's an example:

You don't want to deal with all kinds of tedious and boring stuff in order to build and finish your base (this was already discussed many times which is also why developers wanted to improve the building system in the game).

On the other hand, there are some simple but interesting game mechanics simply inspired by real life they could explore such as impact of your overall health on your game experience.

Actually you already have such effects in the game - if you don't heal yourself, if you don't eat and drink, you are much closer to death than you would have been if you did all those things. Now add the fatness factor to that with a simple rule - if you eat too much and get too fat, you need bigger space to go through, but eating regularly would also give you some advantages that you wouldn't have otherwise, more stamina and / or faster healing etc.

I'm sure they could come up with some good combinations so that both skinny and fat characters would have their different pros and cons, all that to help you find the best play style for your liking.

The only change to a17 I take issue with is reduced map size. I hope this works out. Console was no fun constantly running into radiated zones.

Reduced map size with more to do due to new POIs, etc. They also said you would be able to change it (if not A17, then a following update).

I'm just tired to wait, some new texture and new skills are not enough for the wait, see you guys in the final version of this millennial game

If you think it is just some new textures and skills, then why care about A17? Just play A16.

FAATAL, can you make XML parametr for player character height with state 1 and 0.

We could, but we already have plenty to do for A17.

In all honesty; I do hope a17 will turn around the downwards trend in the reviews the game is getting. On Steam, at least. The amount of negative reviews over the last 30 days is dropping (57% positive IIRC), and it's starting to affect the overall rating as well, not surprisingly (79%, I think). Still good, but it might scare off potential new buyers.

Archived