Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

I'd like to add that level design is still chugging away adding new POIs in addition to updating existing ones.

Personally, I am currently working on a new POI that is related to one of the new deco vehicles that was added recently....😁

Sweet! A police station you say? I'll just love it like a baby of my own, whatever POI it is.

13 minutes ago, Roland said:

Other than tantalizing you with the existence of two new quests, I need to wait to add any details or experiences of my own until a developer decides to spill the beans. I will say that they are distinct and not just variations of existing quests although they do involve mixing it up with zombies so in that regard they are similar to what we have. Speculate away and I'll poke Prime to see if after the weekend he'll come on and dish a bit or perhaps do a tell-all in his next stream. I'll bet he'll like that and then we can update the thread here and talk more about it. :)

Great news! Honestly, quests are never enough in this game, and they add pretty much the whole experience  when looking for the thrill and exploration of a procedural unpredictable adventure with your family members. Sure, there is building and looting, but nothing beats surviving danger as a means of bonding and having fun.

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Roland said:

Some Development highlights from the last few days from a quick glance at the workflow log:

* Work on player animations

* Several new shapes added to the shape menu

* Updates to Trader Joel compound

* Work on Bandit AI and animations

* Improvements to various POIs

* Work on one of the new Quest types

* Lots of bug fixing

Please tell me the shapes are huge curved blocks so I can finally make this tunnel...

HL4dqhK.jpg

Edited by Gamida
Was so excited I added it too many times... (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I'd like to add that level design is still chugging away adding new POIs in addition to updating existing ones.

Personally, I am currently working on a new POI that is related to one of the new deco vehicles that was added recently....😁

COUGHS * AIRPORT POI * COUGHS

14 hours ago, Roland said:

* Improvements to various POIs

10 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Maybe this mean that there will good skeleton prop inside few POI's? You know just sitting skeleton on chair in newsstand....

Please Cat GIFs | Tenor

9 hours ago, Roland said:

Other than tantalizing you with the existence of two new quests, I need to wait to add any details or experiences of my own until a developer decides to spill the beans. I will say that they are distinct and not just variations of existing quests although they do involve mixing it up with zombies so in that regard they are similar to what we have. Speculate away and I'll poke Prime to see if after the weekend he'll come on and dish a bit or perhaps do a tell-all in his next stream. I'll bet he'll like that and then we can update the thread here and talk more about it. :)

For some WILD speculation that I don't think would likely be the case but is fun all the same...

First guess is, now that (hopefully) all the zombies are rigged with the new decapitation system, you've made zombie heads an item you can pick up off the ground and you have to bring say 10 zombie heads to the trader

And for the second one, I'll guess something like Secure Trader so when you complete a mission tier you have to go to the new trader location, clear out zombies and then retrieve a bunch of supplies to fix the place up before that trader becomes available to you

12 hours ago, Roland said:

Speculate away and I'll poke Prime to see if after the weekend he'll come on and dish a bit or perhaps do a tell-all in his next stream. I'll bet he'll like that and then we can update the thread here and talk more about it. :)

I speculate that one of the quests is about teaching trader Rekt how to be friendly and respectful to customers. On reflection, however, I come to the conclusion that this quest always fails. 😁

On 7/4/2022 at 5:26 AM, meganoth said:

Well, there are still some burning questions nobody answered. We need fireproof solutions, otherwise there will be lots of players flaming TFP for this.

All i need its a Heavy junk turret cuz i like to uses mine like a Hobo rifle

12 hours ago, Blake_ said:

For sure. Another quest could be a procedural task in which you have to invite a random trader to dinner. 

It could be Jen.... or... , mmm one of the others.

Trader Jimmy, i miss him

On 7/10/2022 at 12:25 PM, Matt115 said:

Maybe this mean that there will good skeleton prop inside few POI's? You know just sitting skeleton on chair in newsstand....

Please Cat GIFs | Tenor

Omg your still at that lmao

5 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Omg your still at that lmao

Well yes, i rly love skeletons. Well .... long story XD but i hope will be added someday 

5 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I was tempted to tell him that the Joke mod for this game has walking skeletons in it.

i mean good lying or sitting skeleton prop no walking skeletons ☠️

5 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Well yes, i rly love skeletons. Well .... long story XD but i hope will be added someday 

i mean good lying or sitting skeleton prop no walking skeletons ☠️

Imagine a trigger in which you break a closet door in a POI and a bunch of skekelons and bones drop on you like if they were leaning on said door. That would be very cool. And scary. 

7 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Imagine a trigger in which you break a closet door in a POI and a bunch of skekelons and bones drop on you like if they were leaning on said door. That would be very cool. And scary. 

Well i agee about that

2 hours ago, KenGross said:

To be honest I'm glad we don't have to fight skeletons... Arrows and bullets have a good chance of going right through them lol.

I mean skeleton props ! just good old lying skeletons ! ☠️ 💀

18 hours ago, Games'n'Grumble said:

Hello, @faatal! I would like to ask a few questions, I will write them in order of priority:
1. How are you doing?
2. What are you working on now?
3. Can you share some new screenshots?
4. I really like the "ReplaceMaterial" function on zombies, do you think it is possible to extend this function to items as well?

1 Not bad.

2 Recently I made bandits hold and use a club melee weapon, which mostly works. I then worked on some dismemberment bugs. Worked on explosions being able to dismember multiple parts and dismember corpses.

3 Not just now.

4 Maybe, but our schedule is full right now.

4 hours ago, Roland said:

Are you sure 1 and 4 didn’t get switched? ;)

Of course not, we ask questions about games all the time, they can wait their turn:)

37 minutes ago, Menace312 said:

5. Have a nice day.

it's not a question, but yes!

20 minutes ago, faatal said:

1 Not bad.

2 Recently I made bandits hold and use a club melee weapon, which mostly works.

Thanks! Does this mean that the club will fall out of the bandit's hands and the player will be able to pick it up?

21 minutes ago, Games'n'Grumble said:

Thanks! Does this mean that the club will fall out of the bandit's hands and the player will be able to pick it up?

As of now, yes, but it is a gimped copy of the normal club so basic bandits don't just wreck you. Bandits will probably get a game staged strength bonus, so tough ones will hit harder with the same club. The final version may have them using the player weapons, but with the strength mod added.

Edited by faatal (see edit history)