Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

I know its not a priority. But one day i would like have more choice in blood moon count. Exemple between 32 zombies and 64 zombies the difference is too big have more choice like 40,50 and if possible more than 64 zombies one day because in multiplayer 64 zombies separate on 8 players its not enough. Its just a suggestion have a Nice day !!

Hi pimps :) 

I love building in 7 days and if there was a way I could save some of my builds and port them over to a new server like after a wipe,backup or update etc that would be awesome.

Anyway I've had hours of fun in 7 days, thanks guys I know it's not always easy!

Love, 

Lbee

51 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

No changes to farming so far for A21.

I see. Thanks for the reply.

Just know that there's a lot of people on Steam who apparently find the current farming implementation "not worth it" or way too harsh.

My idea was that with a little more balancing boosting the first (say) three levels of the perk a bit, a lot of people would find it more "attractive" to invest into.

1 hour ago, Syphon583 said:

I spied this little number in that gallery of goodness:

image.thumb.png.566b95a884adb389a3db3b8429de16ed.png

I know it's probably slim, but any chance that this becomes a craftable (and functional) item so we could catch rain as a water source?

If this is functional, and not just a prop, I hope it works in rain and not just some "place and it grows into a lootable water container" thing. 

45 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Certainly, immersion levels will be at an all time high with all of these new props.  😎

Even more good looking props ( i love this bars - similiar i saw in window of one office, and radio is just top tier model) props looks soo good... just still lack of skeletons 😭

1 hour ago, holymanhell said:

Dear developers, my ears suffer greatly during long-term resource extraction and long-distance travel! Please make a separate item in the game settings to change the volume of motorized instruments and vehicles.

Danger - High Noise Level Area – Western Safety Sign

This x 1000

34 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Though, to be honest, someone said on Steam that once imported into Unity they'll look worse... :pout:

I can't speak for all of the props, but those look pretty darn close to how they look in game...assuming your not playing the game on the lowest texture settings...😅

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Though, to be honest, someone said on Steam that once imported into Unity they'll look worse... :pout:

The game does appear to do some post processing but for the most part assets look the same.  The issue is that in shots like those, they usually use rendering methods that the game does not, so yeh you may be right. 

4 hours ago, Guppycur said:

If this is functional, and not just a prop, I hope it works in rain and not just some "place and it grows into a lootable water container" thing. 

I was scrounging water until day 10 in my current build, the closest water source is 1.7 km away, unless one of the many many ditches I've searched just didn't have water in it when I checked it.  Would be nice to be able to craft a reliable source of water, I think this map was one of the worst I spawned into.

4 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

No they won't. That was before the new linear lighting was implemented. Sure, there are subtle differences like if there is additional postprocessing involved, light sources and general rendering method (which can differ for render captures between programs depending on their options), but they will look mostly the same under the exact same light source.

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

The game does appear to do some post processing but for the most part assets look the same.  The issue is that in shots like those, they usually use rendering methods that the game does not, so yeh you may be right. 

Yes, exactly.

10 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Some art for you guys to look over.  Enjoy.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/5BVO9P

So not only do TFP already have a huge art team , but they outsource a team to make even more assets? I'm sold! They are very high quality. I love them.

Yeah, a water collector would be sweet. Could maybe make it so you could apply buffs and cvars to blocks and have that block use the same _wetness system the player has. So when it rains it gets a wetness of 100 after a bit and then it slowly drains away over time. Would be cool...😉