Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

Out of curiosity, has anyone from TFP seen this JaWoodle video?

https://youtu.be/IQSByWoBc1Q

It seems like YouTube is flagging all content that mentions 7D2D in the first few seconds of videos, because it considers the word "die" to be hate speech.

If that's true, and this is a long shot, but would the 7D2D team contacting YouTube help with this situation?

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

It seems like YouTube is flagging all content that mentions 7D2D in the first few seconds of videos, because it considers the word "die" to be hate speech.

Not really surprising. Youtube uses AI to review videos and I bet in the hate speech training data the word "die" comes up quite a bit at the beginning. Unfortunately, these AI filters are kind of a black box. Not even the developers know what's inside. They feed the algorithm with training data and nobody really knows what comes out.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

40 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

That's why many calls it ScrewTube lol

Just use any other platform with less bull@%$#... I know, it's a pain to change, but it's worth it IMHO.

19 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

That's why many calls it ScrewTube lol

Just use any other platform with less bull@%$#... I know, it's a pain to change, but it's worth it IMHO.

You go where the audience you're targeting is. And that's on YouTube. If you're doing live streams then the platform of choice is usually Twitch.

Microsoft tried to create an alternative to Twitch with Mixer and even managed to attract some successful streamers, however, the platform failed to live up to the expectations placed in it. People didn't leave with the streamers, but simply looked for new streamers. 

25 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

You go where the audience you're targeting is. And that's on YouTube. If you're doing live streams then the platform of choice is usually Twitch.

Microsoft tried to create an alternative to Twitch with Mixer and even managed to attract some successful streamers, however, the platform failed to live up to the expectations placed in it. People didn't leave with the streamers, but simply looked for new streamers. 

I know. I've always been amused at how much @%$# people can bear out of habit.

I have a question re: weather on the title page. Has it been TFP/Dev discussed?
If so can someone point me to the approximate page, I've been away from the forum for a bit.

The second is more of a TFP query. Due to the Dev diary being akin to an evolving novel.
The first page is like a combination Table of Contents and Index, without pointers. Would
it be possible, as dev proceeds, to shrink the sub topics, under a spoiler tag, below the main
headers as its been accomplished on the back end. This can be done by either the moderators or
the dev. Or next to each post a page or post link for reference.

I only ask if it's a viable possibility, because if life takes you away from here for a bit.
Without any frame of reference, its nearly impossible to find.

Edited by 4sheetzngeegles (see edit history)

1 hour ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

I have a question re: weather on the title page. Has it been TFP/Dev discussed?
If so can someone point me to the approximate page, I've been away from the forum for a bit.

The second is more of a TFP query. Due to the Dev diary being akin to an evolving novel.
The first page is like a combination Table of Contents and Index, without pointers. Would
it be possible, as dev proceeds, to shrink the sub topics, under a spoiler tag, below the main
headers as its been accomplished on the back end. This can be done by either the moderators or
the dev. Or next to each post a page or post link for reference.

I only ask if it's a viable possibility, because if life takes you away from here for a bit.
Without any frame of reference, its nearly impossible to find.

I would recommend just selecting Faatals profile and then "See their activity" and reading everything he posted in the last year to get maybe 90% of the official information you are after (i.e. implementation details).

If you want to get the last 10% as well, read Rolands post until Dezember and Crator Creators posts starting in January I think, but you will also get a lot of duplicate information this way.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

There used to be an external website that was a devtracker. Don't think it's live anymore, which is a shame. I often connect here just to see where things are regarding the release, and I gotta admit it's not always enjoyable nor practical having to scroll all these pages of loosely A21 related discussions.

22 minutes ago, beHypE said:

There used to be an external website that was a devtracker. Don't think it's live anymore, which is a shame. I often connect here just to see where things are regarding the release, and I gotta admit it's not always enjoyable nor practical having to scroll all these pages of loosely A21 related discussions.

Yeah, I think that one hasn't been updated since A17...

https://joelhuenink.tumblr.com/

This looks absolutely fantastic, wow the details are amazing, the new water looks fantastic and like water.

The path way pergela pathway looks real and nothing like that with such thin wood slats on it in the game currently.

The nursing home looks massive definitely a T5 to explore I would guess.

The way it meshes into the landscape and the buildings around it is good as well.

Seems like a new bus in front as well,

If I am not mistake plenty of new thinner blocks as well.

Curvy brick walls, I think those are new as well

❤️

Edited by Annihilatorza
Change (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Annihilatorza said:

This looks absolutely fantastic, wow the details are amazing, the new water looks fantastic and like water.

The path way pergela pathway looks real and nothing like that with such thin wood slats on it in the game currently.

The way it meshes into the landscape and the buildings around it is good as well.

❤️

Yes, its "one" of our new T5 POIs....😎There are a ton of teasers in those screenshots.  Happy hunting.

22 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Uh this is school or  court?

It's a nursing home, also called "senior living." It's where people go (or often, are sent) when they are too old to care for themselves and can't stay in their own homes.

Most are not as nice as that POI. They usually look more like hospitals, because in many ways, that's what they are.

21 hours ago, khzmusik said:

If that's true, and this is a long shot, but would the 7D2D team contacting YouTube help with this situation?

I have not, but then again I kind of find him extremely annoying. Dude has Minecraft streamer energy.

On point though - this sounds about right for YouTube.

21 hours ago, khzmusik said:

Similar thing happened when I searched about a videos about Book of The Dead (an Egyptian book, very antient one), words are words, but AI indeed must learn what a context is. 

Ignoring Youtubes shortfalls, JaWoole is also playing an intense mod of 7D2D called Infection!

THAT might be too hard for me early game, with its current settings: You can never be cured of infection and the rate goes up (I believe) about 10-15% a day, so 7 days untreated you die.

Amazing concept as even late game. a high-level player is not 100% safe.  WOW!

24 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

Ignoring Youtubes shortfalls, JaWoole is also playing an intense mod of 7D2D called Infection!

THAT might be too hard for me early game, with its current settings: You can never be cured of infection and the rate goes up (I believe) about 10-15% a day, so 7 days untreated you die.

Amazing concept as even late game. a high-level player is not 100% safe.  WOW!

Among all of the other streamers, that I can`t put in different place as he is, JW is such a soul, a one that really shows up how much possibilities and fun/hell we can have, and the ones that the Pimps gave us, by making 7dtd opened for mods. And this is before Steam Workshop ! 

Anyway, *double tap on 7dtd icon*

12 hours ago, Annihilatorza said:

❤️

This look amazing!  Help on the roof isn't smooth on the edges like you'd do now, so I'm curious about how that is done.  It looks like a new hatchback car in the parking lot across the street in the first pic.  I can't remember seeing the brick texture on that walkway, but I might just not be thinking of it right now.  I really like the thin curved half walls and curved pathways.  The glass and table umbrellas look good, too.  Very nice.