Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

Can I ask a question about bulletproof glass?

Now when I use bulletproof glass to build a greenhouse on the top floor to grow my plants, there are no suitable bulletproof glass blocks to use in the corners of the roof, which makes me have to use others of the blocks to build the corners, or even the whole pillars, and it makes the greenhouse weird.
In short, can I see the bulletproof glass blocks that can be used in the corners of the roof in A21?

2 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

The vending machines have an updated model now.

Really appreciating that TFP has been more consistent with putting out art asset updates.

FrtO2D8XoAAbWGb?format=jpg&name=large

The fact that they made sure to include the names of their existing candy and food items is a major attention-to-detail +1. Absolutely love it, I applaud the Fun Pimps for that small but, imo, significant thing.

5 hours ago, eciggy said:

The official twitter was quiet for a good while, now suddenly we get new images of 3 assets within a week... fingers crossed that means we are close to Alpha 21!

I suppose that the bugs have become much less and they have the time and opportunity to finally revive twitter and warm up the forum a little) and yes, I think that Alpha 21 has become much closer) Let's cross everything we have .. not just fingers)

12 hours ago, Annihilatorza said:

It could just the settings who ever took the screen shot on but I see new rock piles in front and truck tyres as well lying in the grass. There is also something in middle of right of the camp that seems to be protected by both razer wire/electric fencing hard to tell pixels to much on my phone. Greyish white a few blocks tall.

New concrete barriers, sandbags, backhoe, something in the doorway of the tent far right hand side, truck, barb wire, shaping up to be a great update

I will predict that A21 comes out in August

3 hours ago, DuHast_Play said:

I suppose that the bugs have become much less and they have the time and opportunity to finally revive twitter and warm up the forum a little) and yes, I think that Alpha 21 has become much closer) Let's cross everything we have .. not just fingers)

The person who manages their Twitter doesn't fix bugs. The two things are unrelated. 

12 hours ago, Alloy1 said:

The fact that they made sure to include the names of their existing candy and food items is a major attention-to-detail +1. Absolutely love it, I applaud the Fun Pimps for that small but, imo, significant thing.

... Why couldn't they pay attention to the detail of the buttons?

4 hours ago, Roland said:

Okay, I admit you got me to stare intently at the buttons zoomed in as far as I could go. What's wrong with them?

No  0 or 12 button but those numbers are labeled in the machine I.e A0 and E12

2 hours ago, GetoBoii said:

Im hoping that I can remove the "danger-level warning" of the HUD, love the idea of not knowing what lies ahead. Any reason for the removal of spear throwing? 

Looking great fellas, excited for the new update!

I also don't like how that danger thing is currently being displayed.  I posted about that earlier, so won't repost it.  But I have a feeling it'll get adjusted and hopefully made optional.  If not, I'm sure a mod will take care of that.  I don't mind having that, but it just needs to not take much space.

Regarding spear throwing...

The only way you could use a power attack with spears is to throw the spear, which means you have no weapon after using a power attack other than to change to a different weapon or go grab your spear.  This isn't ideal and basically makes the power attack bonuses not worth much.  You might throw a spear occasionally, but not really that often.  Compared to the amount people use power attacks on other weapons, spears are likely (I'm assuming here) significantly lower for power attacks because of this.  It can also be very difficult to get a thrown spear back in some cases.  I stuck a spear into another player once and they were walking around with it stuck in them and it took close to 5 minutes to finally get the right angle to be allowed to grab the spear again.  Not because they were moving (it was even when they were standing still), but because the hitbox to grab the spear is really poor.  A lot of people didn't use spears partly because of the lack of real power attack, so the change will likely get more people using them.  All in all, it should be much better for most people.  For those who just really liked throwing spears, it will unfortunately upset them, but I think more will approve than disapprove of that change.

If spears were stackable in your quick slot so that you could throw them and still have another one ready to attack with (more like javelins than spears and you'd actually have to own multiple spears to do this), then it would be less of an issue, but I doubt they'd go for something like that.

2 hours ago, GetoBoii said:

Im hoping that I can remove the "danger-level warning" of the HUD, love the idea of not knowing what lies ahead.

The danger meter does not show you what lies ahead of you. It only tells you in which biome you are and what tier the POI is. For an experienced player this is redundant information because he knows the biomes and can estimate the tier of a POI based on the size of the POI and the amount of zombies. 

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I also don't like how that danger thing is currently being displayed.  I posted about that earlier, so won't repost it.  But I have a feeling it'll get adjusted and hopefully made optional.  If not, I'm sure a mod will take care of that.  I don't mind having that, but it just needs to not take much space.

It would be cool if, at some point, they added a voice warning to the drone when you are near danger.

Like an optional mod with "motion sensors" that will warn you of incoming dogs, zombies or nasty POIs.

That way it'll be justified in some way, and fit with the game theme, IMO.

Spoiler

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

It would be cool if, at some point, they added a voice warning to the drone when you are near danger.

Like an optional mod with "motion sensors" that will warn you of incoming dogs, zombies or nasty POIs.

That way it'll be justified in some way, and fit with the game theme, IMO.

Reveal hidden contents

Well, it does that with the exception of "nasty POIs".  Variations on "you are not alone" if anything is near the drone.  The danger meter is solely showing what tier the POI is.  And I'm fine with that, as long as it doesn't take up so much of the screen.  If it was the size of the clock text and placed directly below the clock, I'd be fine with it.  Having the display attached to a mod would also be an interesting way to make it optional.  Though still not taking up a ton of space in the middle of the screen.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

Hello there! Reconsider your attitude to the machine gun, please, I'm talking about the fact that the number of shotgun cartridges is not equal to the number of cartridges 7.62 for example, from 100 cartridges for a shotgun (or ANY other weapon), you can shoot 2 times more zombies than from 100 cartridges 7.62 make stacks more for cartridges take up a lot of space or make koropki for machine gun cartridges 1000 for One slot or a skill book has a 15% chance of not spending a bullet with continuous shooting. The effectiveness will be lower, of course, in leveling with a shotgun, but at least it will take the same amount of slots. The machine gun is useless at the moment. About spears in vain you delete the throw, make a mod on it or a mod so that the spear returns. Have you watched the last predator? there was a tomahawk on a rope why can't there be a spear as well?