Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

On 8/8/2021 at 10:01 AM, Yeppi said:

5. In the past you could crawl through 1 block, it would be possible to insert this again, e.g. that you can turn it on or off in settings (if it has been made away because of pvp)?

On 8/10/2021 at 7:57 PM, faatal said:

5 Not planned for players

Will there be an in-game explanation for our players seeing a zombie go through a 1 block opening and wondering why they can't crawl through one?

It will defy the game's own world logic and break immersion.

Edited by Red Eagle LXIX (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Red Eagle LXIX said:

Will there be an in-game explanation for our players seeing a zombie go through a 1 block opening and wondering why they can't crawl through one?

It will defy the game's own world logic and break immersion.

Sure, that 2 ton backpack you are carrying does not fit.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:20 PM, LordoftheKitten said:

@TFP

The dynamic imposters increases the distance that you can see player built structures and changes to POIs further away, is there going to be any change in the distance we can visually see players being rendered in? As of right now, it feels like the distance is about 80m-120m before they start popping in and out of render. Another example is being in a gyrocopter with a friend below on a motorcycle will usually show just the motorcycle being visible so it is a bike driving itself

No changes.

On 8/22/2021 at 5:18 AM, BrunoFuturista said:

about alpha 20

we know that we are going to receive some veichle mods, so i would like to know if theres a chance of getting a mounted M60 mod or a mounted turret mod for the 4X4

thanks for ur time

No weapons in A20.

On 8/22/2021 at 3:09 PM, Victor19 said:

Will the Vehicle Mods coming in A20 be definitive, or will we have more along with the updates?

Not decided, so yes there could be more.

1 hour ago, dcsobral said:

What's the significance of outfits for implementing bandits?

From what they showed of the outfits, each one will be basically a stand-alone character model. These could easily be tweaked/retextured to make bandits. Or it might just refer to the pipeline they made to pump them out.

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

1. how big is this skyscraper?

Never been in Dishong Tower?

1 hour ago, faatal said:

Doing some biome testing and tried RWG.

The distribution center (bottom left with the Shamway trailer backed up to it) and the 3 warehouses across the culvert from it are new I think. As is the Pass & Gas just "above" it.

I'm liking the looks of where the random gen is going.

Edited by hiemfire (see edit history)

40 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

The distribution center (bottom left with the Shamway trailer backed up to it) and the 3 warehouses across the culvert from it are new I think. As is the Pass & Gas just "above" it.

i think it can be diffrent skyscraper. you know - we will get 100 pois so this can be logical

9 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

i think it can be diffrent skyscraper. you know - we will get 100 pois so this can be logical

a bit more then that and they are still pumping them out :)

that  tower IS Dishong tower. just looks bigger compared to others and in the populous like it is.

22 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

every block is in place to match dishong though.

Feature Request/Question

Slider in game settings to alter ore richness.

25%-200%

of course, if say youre getting 100 iron ore per block at default setting, this would alter it from  25 to 200 ore per block.

this would be a server setting, and not a map gen setting of course.

Edited by samljer (see edit history)

4 hours ago, hiemfire said:

There are several new POIs in that picture as well as a few updated ones if you know your POI silhouettes...😅

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

There are several new POIs in that picture as well as a few updated ones if you know your POI silhouettes...😅

They've (and you I'd bet) definitely done a great job. Though the transformer station looks a bit lonely without power poles leading to and from. :D

8 hours ago, faatal said:

Doing some biome testing and tried RWG.

a20b155RWGSnowCity.jpg

Thanks for the screen shot , its looking great.

I just have some questions if I may be so bold :)

1. Can we go into those tunnels?
2. New bridge and can we build it?
3. New Under construction building?
4. If we put down a bed in a large POI will we have to keep clearing it out?
5. New POI's?
6. Love the blending of the snow and dirt looks really good
7. Can see the zoning at work seems to go from Heavy industrial, to home to business district

A20.jpg

54 minutes ago, playlessNamer said:

The canal looks awesome but really needs a other texture. This is madmoles business?

most of the textures you may be seeing is from the LOD not popped in yet when he took the screen shot. they do focus and look better when you are closer (no need for rendering them at 100% from 5 miles away when you cant see them) :)

15 hours ago, hiemfire said:

That Pass&Gas is not new. The one on the left edge of the image, right? It's in the snow biome in Navezgane, NW of Hugh on a east/west road iirc.