Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

@Roland For the biome gamestage multiplier will there also be a flat bonus to biome gamestage as well. What i mean is, if you enter the wasteland on day 1 with gamestage 1, then the gamestage in the wasteland would only be 3 since it has 3x mutliplier. So i think it would make since to add a flat bonus like +15 or 20 gamestage and then add the multiplier. This way it would be a worthwhile challenge to enter other biomes on day 1. So if you have gamestage 1 and enter wasteland it would go like this: (Your gamestage x 3) + 15

36 minutes ago, Maxley said:

@Roland For the biome gamestage multiplier will there also be a flat bonus to biome gamestage as well. What i mean is, if you enter the wasteland on day 1 with gamestage 1, then the gamestage in the wasteland would only be 3 since it has 3x mutliplier. So i think it would make since to add a flat bonus like +15 or 20 gamestage and then add the multiplier. This way it would be a worthwhile challenge to enter other biomes on day 1. So if you have gamestage 1 and enter wasteland it would go like this: (Your gamestage x 3) + 15

Where did you read the biome gamestage bonus would be a multiplier?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, Maxley said:

@Gazz?

3 minutes ago, meganoth said:

That’s true. Everything I’ve read has been an addition of gamestage and not a multiple. But maybe Gazz can give some specifics if he’s feeling unmysterious 

23 minutes ago, meganoth said:

They said in the dev stream that the desert would be i think 2x base gamestage, snow would be x2.5 or 3, and wasteland x3 or 4. I don't remember exact numbers.

1 hour ago, enragedcamel said:

Any updates on A20 release date? On Twitter they said it will be "much sooner" than Christmas, but would be nice to get a bit more specific (at least tell us the month).

My guess as early as September as late as November 

2 hours ago, Maxley said:

They said in the dev stream that the desert would be i think 2x base gamestage, snow would be x2.5 or 3, and wasteland x3 or 4. I don't remember exact numbers.

Basically this “

Biome Difficulty

• Snow and Desert will have gamestage boost creating tougher enemies and better loot
  • Wasteland will have a greater gamestage boost creating even tougher enemies and even better loot”