A19 Diary Discussions

Jay_ombie

On 10/2/2020 at 12:02 AM, Naz said:

I can't say for sure for that aspect ratio, i have a 21:9 3840x1600 and 7dtd seems to work quite well with it. The only 2 nit picks i have really is 1. the loading screen images get stretched, it's not too bad in 21:9 but it would be worse in 32:9 i'd imagine, but not a big issue. 2. some ui elements are sometimes not positioned conveniently for ultra wide users. Things like the buff pop outs and active quests are right in the far corners and can strain your eyes a bit stretching to look over there. But those are very minor issues and as a whole it works quite well on ultra wides, so i'd say go for it.

No mate, doesn't work well. I have one and if you stick to normal FOV, then there are no benefits to the widescreen (you would see an enemy at the same time others would on smaller monitors). If you turn FOV up, then it massively distorts images and messes with the distances. Things front and centre look far away but you turn the mouse and they are suddenly right next to you. REALLY hurts the eyes and messes with the head.

On that note, I was very disappointed that many newer games have this same issue. So far, I've only seen two games handle it really well. Satisfactory (great game, btw) and the new Metro game.

Back to 7dtd, the HUD items aren't in the best location, being to the far left or far right, causing a lot of head turning.  I'd suggest going for a non-ultrawide 4k monitor unless you do productivity things. Then it's really good if you set the screen up correctly with some third party apps.

16 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

did, and still doesnt change what I said. the second half may dissipate, but the first part is still infinite. and they are tied together.

( face + palm ) + ( head + desk )

The second half was the joke.  Minecraft doesn't have those kind of water effects at all.  It's likely a cleverly hidden blender render.

Just now, The Gronk said:

( face + palm ) + ( head + desk )

The second half was the joke.  Minecraft doesn't have those kind of water effects at all.  It's likely a cleverly hidden blender render.

ah, sorry, havent kept up with mc since 1.12. waiting on some mods in 1.15 to finish before I go back and take a look. would been a nice way to empty a bucket tho

3 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Has anybody tried placing a bicycle in their base and used a design to mass kill the vultures that spawn so that the player could then harvest them? 🤔

Boring. I built a short round race track (partly through a house, partly with turrets and electric wire and partly underground). Didn't test it on horde night yet, but it probably will be "one of those interesting times" your enemies wish you to live in.

3 hours ago, Ragex7 said:

Awesome Stuff..

Would like to see you guys making crafting a bit harder in the game.

Like wood frames that uses nails and a crafting table , or hand craft can be like 200% slower.

Concrete needs like water and bucket for each 100 or so.

Smaller detail in crafting gear and weapons.

And most important is to put weapons, Tools and gear degrade stats on. Fk its so boring running from day 35 with the same tier 6 shotgun and gear and Boom 1x repair kit and I'm good again.

Transport can use more that A repair kit to jump from 50% durability to 100%

So much i can think of.

But never the Least BIG SHOUT OUT TO THE DEV TEAM

No.

8 hours ago, Ragex7 said:

And most important is to put weapons, Tools and gear degrade stats on. Fk its so boring running from day 35 with the same tier 6 shotgun and gear and Boom 1x repair kit and I'm good again.

That's true, it shouldn't be as easy as that. On repair kit fits all and each and everything returns to original strength is too much of an oversimplification. A bummer for long term motivation. Another solution would be to leave it as it is and to allow for more endgame content and make high level weapons and gear super rare so that it usually is NOT found within your first 50-100 in game days or hard zombies appearing really late in game (not one hit wonders like the demo, though).

But that's just my 2 cents 

Edited by Noctoras (see edit history)

This gave me a thought

In the workstation, if a multi-slot upper queue was added like in the forge.
You could put the repair kit, and other repair materials there similar to the anvil bellows cruc.  You could,then,
place up to 6 items in the repair slots and hit the start button to begin.  This way you would not be holding the

weapon or device on person until complete.  But, stone age axe, and shovel should stay on character.