A19 Diary Discussions

Jay_ombie

Without bandits/reworked radiated zombies the game feels boring and too repetitive IMO.  pvp would probably cure this boredom but my gtx950 won't let me compete. And before trying to invalidate my opinion, i am pretty sure out of the 10 million copies sold a lot of people don't play the game anymore because of the same problem.   P.s. Don' t get me wrong, i like this game so much that i've played with the lowest graphics on 1024x768 AND with hardly 60 fps for 450 hours.

1 hour ago, Snekser said:

Without bandits/reworked radiated zombies the game feels boring and too repetitive IMO.  pvp would probably cure this boredom but my gtx950 won't let me compete. And before trying to invalidate my opinion, i am pretty sure out of the 10 million copies sold a lot of people don't play the game anymore because of the same problem.   P.s. Don' t get me wrong, i like this game so much that i've played with the lowest graphics on 1024x768 AND with hardly 60 fps for 450 hours.

the problem is, you project your opinion (wich is fully ok) to all other players, at least implied.

Out of the many people i met online only a fraction is really interested in PVP.

Your Card is fairly outdated and while they work on performance with every Patch, i think in the next two years it will be more hardeware demanding as Graphics will progress and the most spread cards will be 1080+ by that time. Of course thats only my estimation.

I did my fair share of Hours in the Game (you really dont wanna know how much :D ) and while i still find joy in it, i too feel boredom after a while into a new alpha.

But i think what you are describing is only a temporary problem. They announced multiple new Zombies with special abilties aswell as reworked radiation zones. Both of them will ensure a lot more endgame and more depth. Not to mention the Bandits that will come some time.

I fully understand the ... Impatience(sorry not native language) but i think we are talking about WHEN these Problems are solved, not IF.

So we need to chill play some other games meanwhile and sit in awe of each new Alpha until our hearts gets heared :)

In Pimps we Trust.

16 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Game-changing question here. Do zombie vultures in 7D2D lay eggs? 🤔 Are those eggs found in the birds nests on the ground? 🤨 Are we cooking up their children? 😏 Poaching, scrambling, boiling, and spreading them on toast perhaps? 😊

Are we eating rotten zombified eggs? 😶 Bluh! 🤮

No, those are chicken eggs. chickens are ground nesters, vultures are not ground nesters (we have 5 pairs who nest in our old barn every year).

14 hours ago, Guppys Fur said:

Out of the many people i met online only a fraction is really interested in PVP.

Srsly, can we please not balance basically *anything* around PvP primarily? This game seems to solidly focus on PvE which is great. There are plenty of other survival games that are built more for PvP where it works better with the existing mechanics and engine. So many things in this game get janky when you add in a PvP angle and basically every change you would have to make to balance it would make PvE worse

PvE primary focus with a "Make sure this doesn't glitch out in PvP" makes way more sense for this type of survival game imo.

12 hours ago, Demonoid74 said:

The chicken processing plant...yeah that module was awesome! I still have it and all my old Pen and Paper games ;)

It would be part of Carl's corn Company! 

Carl's (Word that Snowdog likes that also can be used for chickens, that i can't say do to it being a word that Roland would Smite me for :)!)

1 hour ago, Demonoid74 said:

Make some giant green nuclear chickens like the pig in those POI's and it would work ;)

Would be like a Monty Python sketch...The Vicious Chicken of Bristol...

I still have so many question about Grace!

Why did TFP make her?
Why is she a thing
why is she green?
Why did she kill me when i had full Military's gear?

And why did i get a very little amount of meat after gutting her!

27 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I still have so many question about Grace!

Why did TFP make her?
Why is she a thing
why is she green?
 Not going to assume anything about TFP's intentions with the crossed out parts.
1. Why did she kill me when i had full Military's gear?

2. And why did i get a very little amount of meat after gutting her!

1. Don't face tank her in light armor, she hits like a semi-truck.

2. Unless TFP reduced it ( @madmole was it reduced?) Grace harvests into more meat, bone, fat and leather than a bear. Lay off the trigger maybe? You get more mats out of harvested animals & zombie animals if you don't keep shooting the body after it dies.

Edited by hiemfire (see edit history)

1 minute ago, hiemfire said:

1. Don't face tank her in light armor, she hits like a semi-truck.

2. Unless TFP reduced it Grace harvests into more meat, bone, fat and leather than a bear. Lay off the trigger maybe? You get more mats out of harvested animals & zombie animals if you don't keep shooting the body after it dies.

well i did remember that i did Light her up with my M60 even when she was dead! (kinda like when you shoot a animal twice)

and i was on the top of that platform drop, i made a new one, and i guess i didn't make it "Stable" enough to support my fat Ass!

RIP!  

On 10/22/2020 at 4:42 PM, MechanicalLens said:

Sort of true. But from now on, let it be known that chickens give birth to live young. Let me win this argument. Let me have that much. 😛

It's honestly pretty simple. Chickens don't lay eggs, but vultures do. Snakes lay eggs, but elephants don't. Most humans don't lay eggs, but Roland does. Capiche? :)

i keep chickens,  please tell me you are being silly for silliness sake an not implying a chicken has a womb within which to gestate a fetus? 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

well i did remember that i did Light her up with my M60 even when she was dead! (kinda like when you shoot a animal twice)

Adrenalin does nasty stuff to self control. :D 

and i was on the top of that platform drop, i made a new one,

Ya, her den roof isn't that stable. Best just to shoot from an edge instead of trying to make a roost there.

Edited by hiemfire (see edit history)

1 minute ago, hiemfire said:

Adrenalin does nasty stuff to self control. :D 

Ya, her den roof isn't that stable. Best just to shoot from an edge instead of trying to make a roost there.

yeah i realize that the hard way :)

AKA don't drink homemade hooch made of Ketchup when you are doing to do something..... wait what? 

2 hours ago, hiemfire said:

Don't face tank her in light armor, she hits like a semi-truck.

. . . people fight her legit? I thought it was common knowledge you only snipe her from above the pit without dropping down until she's dead lol

I'd be scared to take her in a brawl even at level 50+ with steel armor and auto shotties lol, at least on the difficulty I play at. Even cheesing her from above, she takes a LOT of bullets and molotovs

Edited by Khalagar (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

. . . people fight her legit? I thought it was common knowledge you only snipe her from above the pit without dropping down until she's dead lol

I'd be scared to take her in a brawl even at level 50+ with steel armor and auto shotties lol, at least on the difficulty I play at. Even cheesing her from above, she takes a LOT of bullets and molotovs

Just grab a Stun Baton of any quality and as long as you have Tech Junkies 6 (1in4 normal, 1in2 power attack to charge) you can take her out easy naked. I've soloed 2 zombie bears at the same time easy with nothing but a quality 2 Stun Baton and that book.

Basically Tech Junkies 6 makes the Stun Baton overpowered as it is trivial to not only stun lock anything but also melt them with the electric damage over time. Sure time to kill is not as good as a Club but it more than makes up for it with the stun lock.

Edited by Danidas (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Demonoid74 said:

Grace put up a huge fight when I first ran into her...Fortitude 10 fist build...she beat my ass good , but I killed her lol

Had to use a few first aid items after that fight for all the different injuries I had...

Would love more fights like that for sure

Sounds better than the horrible mess I got myself into with her. Lol. I jumped down to Grace's cave and hastily placed a few landmines. Even after dumping a full clip of my AK into her, she still murdered me. I returned with my spare pistol and a molotov and proceeded to break down through the loot room to find her, as she had moved from her original position. While on the ladder and with Grace directly beneath me, I threw the only molotov I had, which of course caught itself on the ladder's hitbox, setting me on fire and killing me. Third time's a charm, right? Nope, I fell down the ladder and got stuck in a corner. Finally I made my way back down, grabbed my original backpack, loaded my AK, and... came out with 10 health and a deep laceration, an infection, and a concussion. Happy days lads! 😄