A19 Diary Discussions

Jay_ombie

On 9/12/2020 at 2:16 PM, MechanicalLens said:

Okay, so I saw some footage of the new zombies. They look great, but one major criticism coming from me is the "jiggle physics" on the new female zombie.

Ohhh we need more jiggles, all hair types would be so good .....

Female things jiggling isn't that normal though due to gravity ?, wouldn't solid state women bits be disrespectful towards silicon implants ?  :p

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Reckis said:

Nope, just another overly squeaky wheel to add to the ignore pile

It's rather amusing reading these replies, as you obviously have no idea what I've talked about previously, or what i've contributed in the forums. Whenever someone says amen, it's all good, the moment someone presents criticism and seems unhappy with a certain decision it's overly squeaky? You haven't even started an argument and you're already losing it by trying to insult me. Keep going with that mentality, i wonder what results you'll get.

Why don't the devs use Nitrogen or Compopack in the base game? The general consensus is that they blow the vanilla game out of the water. The vanilla game could measure up if they incorporated certain fan-made POI's and Nitrogen's world generation into the main game. Then every second building wouldn't be "burned buildings 1-10", or "crumbling building 1-10".

3 minutes ago, Promethean Winchester said:

Why don't the devs use Nitrogen or Compopack in the base game? The general consensus is that they blow the vanilla game out of the water. The vanilla game could measure up if they incorporated certain fan-made POI's and Nitrogen's world generation into the main game. Then every second building wouldn't be "burned buildings 1-10", or "crumbling building 1-10".

*Sighs and rolls eyes* M***** talk is not permitted in the dev diary. This is a place to discuss the features regarding the vanilla game.

*sighs and rolls eyes* another person who thinks tits jiggling is offensive to women. Lol just kidding for fun ^_^ I hate the sigh and rolls eyes thing. You're free to say it, this is North America after all, but expect contempt to be met with contempt.

Edited by Promethean Winchester (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Promethean Winchester said:

*sighs and rolls eyes* another person who thinks tits jiggling is offensive to women. Lol just kidding for fun ^_^ I hate the sigh and rolls eyes thing. You're free to say it, this is North America after all, but expect contempt to be met with contempt.

It's fine, sorry about that. It's just that once a week at least it seems like someone has to repeat this to someone. Just... don't do it again, k?

Also, North America isn't the entire world you know. 😛 Now I happen to live in North America, but I could have been from anywhere. I could have been from Australia, or Europe, or Asia, heck, even Pluto.

Yeah you got it. I'm glad that the devs are open to modding and don't discourage it because it keeps their game flexible, like with Darkness Falls and such, how you can implement the now-outdated level up a skill by performing the action thing. I just meant that regardless of which version you play, more POI's is never a bad thing. Barring bizarre things like egyptian pyramids lol, but a few more fire departments, police stations, gas stations, parking lots, airports, etc, gives the vanilla game a more realistic feel and possibly the impression that no two cities are the same. But right now they're hammering out mechanics and progression, it's possible POI tune-ups could come in the distant future and I'm optimistic about it

2 minutes ago, Promethean Winchester said:

Yeah you got it. I'm glad that the devs are open to modding and don't discourage it because it keeps their game flexible, like with Darkness Falls and such, how you can implement the now-outdated level up a skill by performing the action thing. I just meant that regardless of which version you play, more POI's is never a bad thing. Barring bizarre things like egyptian pyramids lol, but a few more fire departments, police stations, gas stations, parking lots, airports, etc, gives the vanilla game a more realistic feel and possibly the impression that no two cities are the same. But right now they're hammering out mechanics and progression, it's possible POI tune-ups could come in the distant future and I'm optimistic about it

I'm certain that the remaining A16-esque POI's will get touch-ups before gold, such as the Police Station, maybe the Prison, the Adult Movie Theater, etc. The only feature request on my part is that in my opinion barns should only spawn in the outback on gravel roads and not in towns, but maybe that's just me.

4 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Okay, so I saw some footage of the new zombies. They look great, but one major criticism coming from me is the "jiggle physics" on the new female zombie. Seems quite disrespectful towards women to have such a thing implemented to be honest. Oh well, better than a naked female zombie I suppose.

Also, the 10 slot toolbelt. Didn't see that coming, but a welcome change. Now I won't have to constantly switch between my shovel, wrench, and wood frames at the second last slot.

Keep up the good work, but the jiggle physics have to go, or at least be toned down. They look outright cartoony in their current state; they look like a female anime chest.

I can only speak for myself but as a woman I’m not offended at the jiggle physics. In fact I’ll be studying how they work up close and personal. 

1 hour ago, Gobarg said:

Ok... I'm worried...

TFP just did something nice!

Two more slots in my toolbelt...?

I'm keeping my eye out for falling pianos!

I just know there is something nasty coming....

;) Thanks TFP  as usual Love your work 

Yea the two extra slots is great in my opinion.

7 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Keep up the good work, but the jiggle physics have to go, or at least be toned down. They look outright cartoony in their current state; they look like a female anime chest.

Aye, they do need to be toned down. It looks like hell. What are we? 12? A little wiggle is fine but this is just stupid looking. The hair moving in huge swatches is even worse.

6 hours ago, Blake_ said:

my congratulations to the artist that did the night club girl.

Yea except that she's so shiny she looks plastic.

2 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

Aye, they do need to be toned down. It looks like hell. What are we? 12? A little wiggle is fine but this is just stupid looking. The hair moving in huge swatches is even worse.

Yea except that she's so shiny she looks plastic.

Yeah, a colour problem, or maybe she was wearing wax at the time?

2 hours ago, TECHMIKEMWO said:

stop fixing stupid stuff & fix issues with fps, random stupid stuff being fixed isn't  necessary. jeez

You do understand what Alpha State means, yes?
Besides that they optimize all the time, true polishing and fixing time happens only right before Gold State.

Additionally, i despise people who think their opinions are fact and others dont count.

Ok so I finally run into this chick...Im pretty sure it's her. The chick in the black dress right, with a tiny bit of right underboob showing? 

I've heard she was the new stripper & I've also heard her be called the party girl.

Either way, if this is her, I saw very little jiggle & no way this could be offensive. 

Great job on the new Z's. I gotta say the business man is my favorite of this bunch, he looks amazing. 

6 hours ago, Annihilatorza said:

Yup that ladders issue has been a problem for years and I am so glad its been fixed now, I am loving all the bug fixes and improvements in each patch.

Yep, I love the ladder fix.  I use to break my legs occasionally but now its alot easier to jump on/off.

3 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Ok so I finally run into this chick...Im pretty sure it's her. The chick in the black dress right, with a tiny bit of right underboob showing? 

I've heard she was the new stripper & I've also heard her be called the party girl.

Either way, if this is her, I saw very little jiggle & no way this could be offensive. 

Great job on the new Z's. I gotta say the business man is my favorite of this bunch, he looks amazing. 

those players complaining probably...

A) never seen a women not wearing a bra underneath move around like that...

Or

B) never seen a skyrim boob mod....now THOSE were over the top lol...

7 hours ago, TECHMIKEMWO said:

stop fixing stupid stuff & fix issues with fps, random stupid stuff being fixed isn't  necessary. jeez

I play on medium graphics and the game still looks amazballs, i lowered my field of view and it improved my fps amazingly, and them fixing the little things do actually help the fps when those little things clash, do you got anything to actually add?  like something you know could help the fps or did you expload?

5 hours ago, Guppys Fur said:

You do understand what Alpha State means, yes?
Besides that they optimize all the time, true polishing and fixing time happens only right before Gold State.

Additionally, i despise people who think their opinions are fact and others dont count.

I kinda get his point... I mean this game was supposed to be finished way back in 2014, there's only so long a game can remain in alpha before you start to believe they're intentionally drawing it out to keep receiving grants and secure their employment. Kickstarter or some other funding coming in all the time for TFP, that probably all stops when they leave alpha stages, so they've gotten comfortable. That's like me telling my girlfriend "I know I've been abusive for 10 years but I'm still in alpha stages so you can't expect me to be a functional good man". Sooner or later you gotta just get your crap together and settle on something lol.  Quite frankly, after nearly 10 years of development, basic function isn't a stretch to expect from 7dtd, but the framerate got worse lately. Add that to the fact that a zombie can detect you in a windowless room when you're crouched and staying still, just because you're standing in a light... Well, the game's got more basic problems than one. This game, to me, is like a kid with autism with really genius qualities that make you scratch your head and say "that kid is going to be the future of the tech industry, a pioneer of originality and innovation", but you also observe that child crapping his pants because he's afraid to go to the bathroom; Equal parts awe and awww.

Anyway if you have FPS problems, reduce your resolution from 1900x1000 down to 1200x700. That's an easy 5-8 more points of FPS right there, just reduce the resolution from maximum downward for 11 clicks. Also, set texture quality to half. Full textures is just asking for lag problems, even on relatively high-end systems. If you don't have a gigazorb high powered computer that you sunk 2000 bucks into, then you can't go all out on this game's graphics.

Edited by Promethean Winchester (see edit history)

• Roland locked this topic