Mountain lion and direwolf are too OP

1 hour ago, Jonks said:

Just made this account for this, and honestly all of you defending this incredibly OP enemy is laughable. It shouldn’t be able to outrun you, it definitely shouldn’t be able to tank starter weapons, and it definitely shouldn’t kill in 3 bites. So yes, fix this enemy.

Do you have any reasoning to back that up or should everything just be made according to your opinion?

No human can outrun a large, four-legged predator and the number of bites it takes to kill you is fairly irrelevant. The point here is that you shouldn't be fighting them with starter weapons, just as you shouldn't be seeking out and fighting zed hordes with starter weapons either.

Mod your game to suit your tastes or change up your playstyle to survive better.

It's a survival game, after all. A lot of things in it need fixing, but this isn't one of them.

3 hours ago, Jonks said:

Just made this account for this, and honestly all of you defending this incredibly OP enemy is laughable. It shouldn’t be able to outrun you, it definitely shouldn’t be able to tank starter weapons, and it definitely shouldn’t kill in 3 bites. So yes, fix this enemy.

I find it funny you created an account just to necro a thread.....

Turn on God mode, since you think you should be able to take down a mountain lion with just a club and stone arrows while getting attacked multiple times and survive

there are 2 things i learned about the snow biome in a19 so far... nothing there for me and the kitty cats will bite off the hand that feeds them. :)

as far as too op... nope they are not, the snow biome is not meant to be a warm walk in the park just as the desert is not easy neither and we all know that the wastelands is a no no for the new under geared characters. these areas are designed to be harsh for a reason (time will tell).

so if you are in any area that is not part of the forest biome and not getting geared up.. you are treading out on thin ice on your own. enjoy and live long (if you can).

LMAO just shoot them. highground beats all

43 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

there are 2 things i learned about the snow biome in a19 so far... nothing there for me and the kitty cats will bite off the hand that feeds them. :)

as far as too op... nope they are not, the snow biome is not meant to be a warm walk in the park just as the desert is not easy neither and we all know that the wastelands is a no no for the new under geared characters. these areas are designed to be harsh for a reason (time will tell).

so if you are in any area that is not part of the forest biome and not getting geared up.. you are treading out on thin ice on your own. enjoy and live long (if you can).

I wish the big kitty spawn in the forest and desert 

That will show them Forest dwellers.  WASTELAND FOR LIFE!

11 hours ago, warmer said:

Who thinks any one of us could actually take out a mountain in melee combat? I don't see many hands being raised.

will enough Prayer, Armor, a Tier 3 melee weapon or even 2, and the most important

DRUGS AND EDIBLES  

Welcome to the forums. Being as how this topic is getting close to a year old and was dead for six months before you reignited it, I would think that the idea of the snow biome being a more difficult place would’ve sunk in by now. Don’t go there before you’re ready and the wildlife won’t be OP.  Ever since they limited Pumas to the snow and Dire wolves to night, I haven’t died to either one. 

16 hours ago, Jonks said:

On 7/2/2020 at 11:30 PM, Demandred1957 said:

Both the Mountain lion and Direwolf have been made too OP. Between pain resistance, skipping attack animations, increased health, and whatever else TFP have done to buff them, there are pretty much unbeatable at early game stages with common weapons.

Correct!! As it should be.

I see no reason why everything should be killable in the first week with a basic bow and arrow 

On 3/31/2021 at 5:51 PM, Jonks said:

A mountain lion shouldn't be able to outrun you?

Is that what you're saying?

14 hours ago, Ornias said:

I take it that some of y'all weren't around for the ninja z's we use to have. Insta spawning behind you and making no noise. 

same here old man these new born babies wouldnt know hard if it smacked em upside the head like feral whites and cops o nday one in the hub city :)

You can't talk about the old Hub city high jinks, LBD high jinks or any other things too fun for the vanilla lovers of the world.

So how the Day 3-5 "Kill order" squad of a zombie bear and 3-6 zombie dogs is still in there, I have no clue.

However, with people complaining after deliberately going into danger zones and then complaining that they are... dangerous, is odd.

The question I have is, do they go there AGAIN, with the same equipment, hoping things will be completely different?

Once you KNOW that they are danger zones, a sane person will go in:

1) Better equipped.

or

2) Expecting a real fight for their characters life will soon start. 

On 4/1/2021 at 4:32 AM, warmer said:

Who thinks any one of us could actually take out a mountain in melee combat? I don't see many hands being raised.

It heavily depends on the age of the mountain range. Try to leverage their slow movement speed against them and beware of falling debris.

As for the necro: I am not sure about this being serious.

Imagine taking down the second-largest living predator on day one with starter weapons and without protective architectural measures.

What would be left to do on day two except for micro-managing your 100 stacks of raw meat?

18 hours ago, 7daysexpert said:

same here old man these new born babies wouldnt know hard if it smacked em upside the head like feral whites and cops o nday one in the hub city :)

We really need the hub city back btw. There was a real risk reward trial. 

On 4/1/2021 at 1:22 AM, meganoth said:

I see one hand raised there in the crowd. Oh, wait, not a hand, just a stump. 😉

I can also raise my hand to this. You should have been there, it happened just last week as a matter of fact. That cowardly son of a beach was trying to run away from me! So I just yanked its tail and pulled it right back as I waved my finger and said, "Nah nah nah, you started this fight, and we're going to finish it." ;)

5 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I can also raise my hand to this. You should have been there, it happened just last week as a matter of fact. That cowardly son of a beach was trying to run away from me! So I just yanked its tail and pulled it right back as I waved my finger and said, "Nah nah nah, you started this fight, and we're going to finish it." ;)

I see your mouth is capable enough to take on a mountain lion 😁

Live to fight another day, there is not a single enemy in the game outside of sprint 24/7 zombies that the player cannot evade by feathering the shift key to preserve stamina, and using anything to break LoS. The moment something loses visual on you, they go to your last known location and stay there. Use the dips and valleys in the terrain to your advantage, run around the large rock formations, navigate through POIs, etc.

The only way you should die to wildlife is if you run out of stamina, or decide that going toe-to-toe with them with a club and bow are a good idea.