Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

23 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Vultures can swim

There you go. A SWAIV.

...Yes, you read right. A SWimming Albino Infected Vulture. Often mistakenly called "SWAN" because of the resemblance between "IV" and "N".

Truth.

You don't believe me? Well wait until being lakeside next time and go near one of those, and watch them go rabid at you. 

SWAIV.jpg

I swear they would eat your brains...

7 minutes ago, SittingDuck said:

I realy like the new buisness man.... i would love to see a pencil sticking out of his eyes ^^ awesome now Zombies...

If John Wick had killed it (with a pencil) it wouldn't be getting back up.

The art guys are doing a great job, for sure.

7DTD's world will look much more "alive" (pardon the pun) with the new HD zombies. 😁

I also liked the preview on the vehicle mods effect on how vehicles will look at each stage of upgrade.

Kudos to the art/graphics team!

1 hour ago, madmole said:

I just made forest biome dogs and wolves have more HP, but they only spawn at night. Dire wolves and mountain lions are particularly nasty. This should help noobs a bit, but we can all appreciate fearing the night a bit more.

No wolves in the forest during the day? sad day...

48 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

The art guys are doing a great job, for sure.

7DTD's world will look much more "alive" (pardon the pun) with the new HD zombies. 😁

I also liked the preview on the vehicle mods effect on how vehicles will look at each stage of upgrade.

Kudos to the art/graphics team!

Oh they showed vehicle w/upgrade concepts?! Dang, I was late to the stream and missed that part. Hopefully someone grabbed some screenshots of the concept art!

I used to want to be a Concept Artist, mainly for movies and/or comics, still am in a way just not for fictional content. The things I draw/model now get built and live in the real world. But I'm still really into it, and often work in nearly the same way and serve a very similar purpose on a team, so I'd love to see those concepts. Anything vehicle or drone related mostly, weaponry to a point(I try not to build Terminators irl, you're welcome.)

New treasures search system, with all of these dotted circles, sounds and other clues is the most horrible idea, that just might be in the game ((( IMHO

Will we be able to disable it in the settings of difficulty?

I'm not a grandmother! I need a challenge!!!

2 hours ago, madmole said:

I just made forest biome dogs and wolves have more HP, but they only spawn at night. Dire wolves and mountain lions are particularly nasty. This should help noobs a bit, but we can all appreciate fearing the night a bit more.

Will the absence of wolves and dogs in the daytime offset by other animals?

29 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/19344-a19-live-stream-arts/

Well, Of Course I Know Him. He's Me. | Know Your Meme

i did forget 1 that ill go back to. the one with the Bike!

Saw about half to 3/4 of those, but you caught some I missed, Thank you Adam.

Although I did not see any vehicle stuff, at all. What did they show? Much? You mentioned the bike, whatabout minibike, motorcycle, jeep, and gyro?

--- while typing I realized the whole thing is probs on the Tube by now... so I will go watch what I missed.

25 minutes ago, Mechanimal said:

Although I did not see any vehicle stuff, at all. What did they show? Much? You mentioned the bike, whatabout minibike, motorcycle, jeep, and gyro?

--- while typing I realized the whole thing is probs on the Tube by now... so I will go watch what I missed.

i tryed to dig it out but why Wifi is saying NO!

basically it was the concept art of the Motorcycle with and without the armor! and then the finale version we got!

3 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

i tried but it kept on locking me out of the Chat

Yep, I was chat banned within like 20 minutes of the first stream before the Q&A even started and am still banned lol. Well excuuuuuuse me for being interested in the junk sledge and trying to get literally *any* info on it!

3 hours ago, madmole said:

While an interesting change, won't this make the "total lack of meat" issue a lot worse? It seems like wildlife is basically extinct by day 2 or 3 and with the new emphasis on hunger and the added rarity of decent ranged weapons for early game hunting  it might compound to be harsh

Also, from what I've seen, the Boar is the #1 noob killer of the game next to the Lumberjack. Basically everyone I've ever seen, on their first encounter with the boar, runs up and whacks it with a stick and then gets ripped to pieces because they don't expect it to be so strong. I don't think it needs to be nerfed since guns make short work of it, but if you are worried about noobs dying to animals I'm pretty sure Boar has more kills than Bears, Wolves, and Cougars combined because the predators all have hilariously small aggro range now.

The boar doesn't even have to *have* an aggro range, it has a global taunt aura that makes new players go up to it and try to kill it for the pork only to get gored to death Bobby B style. Unless you try to pet a bear, it basically ignores you. I'll often go within like 30 feet of cougars and bears and wolves and they don't care

5 hours ago, madmole said:

I think it'd be pretty cool if one spawn of horde-night zeds showed up every so often outside of claimed territory, say tune it so if you're out all night every night on your bike or whatever you've got about a half chance of an 8- or 16- or 24-pack of zeds glomming on to you sometime during the week.  Maybe make it like the rage, the odds go up as you crank the difficulty. You can run, but you can't hide.

3 hours ago, Mechanimal said:

They showed the motorcycle's different upgrade stages that will be done with mods (I think).

They also briefly showed some concept art for the same upgrades for the jeep.

My understanding is that you will (i.e.) start with a bare-bones motorcycle when you craft it and then find mods to add (e.g.) additional storage and armor. They were also talking about cosmetic mods for vehicles but they're still working on it since they don't wont to just paint ALL the vehicle with the same color/texture but they'd like to only apply paint where it makes sense, if you know what I mean.

sorry if already mentioned somewhere. In dev stream they said there was no planned stream with gazz, so Im here to ask
@Gazz are we getting modding improvements in A19? specifically the horde night on or off conditions, any news on these getting hooked?

thank you, bloodmoon specific stuff are quite interesting 😁

1 hour ago, Kanaan Brood said:

Developers stream #2 is still not up on you tube. Well over 24 hours now. Still waiting to watch it. Sigh.

I posted the link to the YouTube of the Dev Stream #2 in the Dev Stream #3 thread 7 hours ago. 

when you decide to look for the next one please look in the Dev Stream #4 thread. 

4 minutes ago, Roland said:

I posted the link to the YouTube of the Dev Stream #2 in the Dev Stream #3 thread 7 hours ago. 

when you decide to look for the next one please look in the Dev Stream #4 thread. 

Hi Roland,

I think the issue is that the 2nd video is "unlisted" so can only be seen if they stumble upon the link in the forum post that you mentioned.

Archived