Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

25 minutes ago, BadPlayer said:

Will we be able to craft tier 6 weapons in A19??

if it helps this is easily moddable.

3 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

For people wanting 1st person driving, it sort of already exists. You just go into debug mode, activate fly mode, and then hop onto your vehicle. I'd say it's good enough.

same for 3rd person, and you can even press less buttons :) 

1 hour ago, madmole said:

Seriously you think it would be fun to sit on your @%$*#! in a rock cave and craft the best gear the game has to offer?

Kinda yeah, lol. Turn on an Audiobook and mine away, I still think the "Minecraft for adults" aspect of this game is one of it's most unique traits. You get the Sense of Pride and Accomplishment™ too for your hand crafted gear you made yourself, and made all the mods for etc

At most you will get a tad more damage and one more odd effect. I don't even bother with mods unless I find them most gear is fine without mods. The only must have mods are helmet lights, the bushings that reduce stamina/movement penalty from heavy armor and pockets IMO. The rest are fine if I find them but I don't really go out of my way to get them or feel like the weapon is crippled without it.

The issue is more for tools than guns. A tier 6 Auger is a HUGE step above a Tier 5 one. You can add a Stone breaker, iron breaker, dirt breaker, large gas tank, diamond blade etc which are pretty huge quality of life increases. The more mods your tools have, the faster you can mine, so your tools being gated behind looting actually *is* pretty crippling because it adds several seconds longer per block break depending on the tool and block etc. It can add up pretty fast when doing a big project. Especially on stuff like the Steel Pick where a mod might push you over the breakpoint so you have to swing your pick one less time per block, that's a drastic improvement because of the high stamina drain + long animation to swing

For armor mods, it's mainly just me trying to cram as many pockets and liner mods, and same with guns, it's not as big of a deal besides with Junk Turrets. It makes a pretty big deal on Junk Turrets too because the missing damage will mean you end up spending like 10-20% + more ammo per big fight or horde night because of the  "kill break points". With most of the other weapons the break point won't matter that much as it probably won't save you a bullet, but with junk turrets it actually can save you several bullets per zed

Seriously you think it would be fun to sit on your @%$*#! in a rock cave and craft the best gear the game has to offer? "Heavily cripples"? At most you will get a tad more damage and one more odd effect. I don't even bother with mods unless I find them most gear is fine without mods. The only must have mods are helmet lights, the bushings that reduce stamina/movement penalty from heavy armor and pockets IMO. The rest are fine if I find them but I don't really go out of my way to get them or feel like the weapon is crippled without it.

Crafting is way more relevant in A19 since the loot you find is way crappier than what you can craft at the moment if you perk into stuff.

To provide players with needs. If the forest had every resource in existence, why go anywhere else?

Spiked Knuckle rubs for some! :D

Madmole!!!! I am hyped to watch your stream tomorrow!!!!  Show your brother how its really done!!!! :)

3 hours ago, madmole said:

Wrong. It was removed for because it looked clunky/glitchy. Fortnite is 3p PvP, works fine. Do you have an advantage against someone in fp? In some use cases sure, but if everyone can use it, its not an advantage. FP is better for a lot of things too.

Bummer! I thought the problem was that in 7DTD using 3p you could glitch through the ground and find out where everyone's underground base was, no matter how well concealed it is. I think this is because 7DTD is a voxel game so  only the voxels you can actually see are drawn by the game... if that was fixed then it's great you can add 3p back in as an option.

6 minutes ago, SittingDuck said:

Knuckle rub made MM the man he is.

get your knuckle rub from any older brother or order now...www.knucklerub.com

PS got two older brothers? get a knuckle rub sandwich!

my brother just put me on a old mattress and slid me across the room until i hit a wall..... Good times!

1 hour ago, SittingDuck said:

Knuckle rub made MM the man he is.

get your knuckle rub from any older brother or order now...www.knucklerub.com

PS got two older brothers? get a knuckle rub sandwich!

#EatAKnuckleRubSandwich....🤣

53 minutes ago, Damocles said:

Will the urinal be interactive?

Only if we get a quest to fish out a M60 out of its drain hole...😅

24 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

What in gods green earth would be living in a Drain hole?

ROUS?

Probably oversize blood worms. I'll let you google them and imagine large versions of them living in sewer drains for yourself. 😈

16 hours ago, Matt 1977 said:

Well what if your not a looter. Your screwed over basically. 4 days out of 7 im around the my base. 

MM has also started he likes time management in game. So have to decide if you want spend more time, building, mining, looting. Same with backpack size, he likes inventory management.

So I dont see them changing much.

16 hours ago, Kalex said:

Yes, the Number Six Cylon that was on Caprica and always wore the red dress.

Tricia Helfer is so beautiful... And with that red dress on... Amazing!!! (plus other stuff that I cannot write about here... Why is it so hot all of a sudden? 🥵)

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived