Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

49 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

one thing i am kinda sad about is that they didn't talk about the lumberjack :(

I'm surprised you didnt ask them about it considering your their #1 fan lol...

59 minutes ago, MajorMunchy said:

also, it is a stream. I know a good chunk of people play on like 1060 3gb and ryzen 2600 etc. But i play on 21:9 with supporting mods for max graphics at 50-60fps and let me say i think the gun would and WILL look WAY better on everyones own screen. You can easily tell quality is lacking just cause its a stream in general. Most people who stream arnt using 3000$+ rigs unless they are making money for streaming mostly

Also, Stream Recording link?

Keep in mind no mods were on the shotgun.  Looking at the concept art it looks like some type of barrel extension/silence can be installed as well as some sight options.

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I haven´t seen anything but the new markers. One question: Are they able to beeing moded out?

I don´t get why you would ruin the immersion by those arcady ugly things. Pretty sure that could have been done waaay more decent. Not like a huge neon advertisment.

Via xml was mentioned but to what extent not sure.

5 hours ago, Gazz said:

The first showing was against soldiers (armored) and regular shells (very bad against armor).

Not the shotgun's fault. =P

The DPS of a pumpgun is already close to an M60... in the right situation. The auto shotgun achieves that in more situations.

And making it full auto from the get go? Why, that would be a terrible waste of an opportunity to make the burst/auto trigger groups really cool mods.

Gotta see the whole picture, not this one item in isolation. =P

Lot of folks didn't think to ask if the gun had been modded out or not.  Seeing that it had been dropped in from the creative/dev console, I'm certain the answer is no :)

I'm curious to see if rod + spring replacement works on it, lol

4 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Here's me hoping the Drum Magazine mod can be attached to it. ;)

That would be wild, although it kinda appears to have a drum of sorts on it by default.  it could simply be an even larger drum slapped onto it :)

Just now, Kazgrel said:

That would be wild, although it kinda appears to have a drum of sorts on it by default.  it could simply be an even larger drum slapped onto it :)

I would guess the answer would be yes given the base model art uses a drum mag.  I tried to get them to attach mods to it and use slug ammo in last nights stream but no luck. :)

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

I would guess the answer would be yes given the base model art uses a drum mag.  I tried to get them to attach mods to it and use slug ammo in last nights stream but no luck. :)

Madmole may be amenable to such a request when it's his turn to showcase things, but honestly, I'd rather get thrown into A19 head first and find out myself!  Soon enough either way, I suppose.

There is no such thing as too many drums.

854880_02_sgm_100rd_ar15_double_drum_mag

5 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Doing proper tinkering is something for certain streamers. You know who you are! =P

its so cool to finnaly have a little info about the game narrative, like i always wondered how all this zeds died since most dont have particular wounds like gun shots or bites from other zombies. now we can make an educated guess.... they all drowned.... they were aweful swimmers.

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

@SnowDog1942

i have something for you!

image.png.10dbbcccd4ef9a5b33e86149c8f06e7c.png

Well its alright.  Not quite the stripper with pasties that twirl around and distract you when she's wailing the crap out of your head.  

I like to think of 7D2D as a B horror movie from the 80's,  A bit of surprise skin here and there is just some icing on the cupcake.

2 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I'm surprised you didnt ask them about it considering your their #1 fan lol...

Lol! i tried but it kept on locking me out of the Chat. so i just gave up! plus its a 1/10 chance that they will see it.

i want the unfrozen lumberjack SO MUCH! IM TIRED OF SEEING the Same zombie roaming around the snow! Like was everyone forced to be a lumberjack!. honestly with his model! they could keep the same shape!, Update his look to look more HD. remove the ice (like what MM said) and maybe give him a dried out face with a Very rotten beard! Same cloths! and maybe add a bit of Mud and blood on him! BOOM! lumberjack!

but i guess we will have to wait till A20!

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Katysha vehicle confirmed!!! 😎

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyusha_rocket_launcher

New mod for it! All we need now is a Mod for the 4X4 to mow down zombies and grass. Like this!

just the blades Not the tractor!

Amazon.com: Bruder John Deere T670i Combine Harvester: Toys & Games

I just made forest biome dogs and wolves have more HP, but they only spawn at night. Dire wolves and mountain lions are particularly nasty. This should help noobs a bit, but we can all appreciate fearing the night a bit more.

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

Figured that, but I was curious if any stat changes have been made to them? (Increased health, for example; especially towards bears.) I think I heard somewhere that animals will no longer become stun locked when you shoot them?

Oh, i thought of the spawn time only. You are right that they can be tweaked, too, but don`t know about the stun, could be more scary in a good way if removed. 

Archived