Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

20 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

wait i though mm said it was a origin 12

Fostech Origin 12 - Next Level of Semi-Auto 12 Gauge Shotguns

Looked like a shortened Saiga to me, thus my link... Hey I learned something new today and now I have another thing to cuss about too. (Don't ask, forum rules on the subject and all :) )

Only once I had a vehicle bug in one of my savegames. It was my very first savegame ever (started during lockdowns a few weeks ago) and when I finally had my bicycle at day 25 or something that felt amazing. Shortly after I parked that bicycle in front of Shamway factory, went in for a loot, came back and my bicycle was gone. I was so disappointed that I have deleted that savegame instantly and was close to quit that game completely. If I only knew about the creative menu back then... :D :D

11 hours ago, strask said:

Part of the reason I have always loved role playing games is that they give us both the opportunity and motive to try to see things from someone else's point of view.

The method you describe I think could be summarized as a process of looking at the attributes of a character, hypothesizing up a story about how those numbers came to be, and playing as if that story is true.

And I think approaching things this way, leads to a much more enjoyable kind of roleplaying than  other methods I have tried. I have also found it really gets me wondering about the lives of the people I talk to in real life. Because if you try this a few times and compare to the quicker method, you start to realize they are making use of whole different sections of your brain. I think the quicker method makes heavy use of our brains threat assessment mechanisms, while the more thoughtful approach (not that @Sigil_Thane said anything thoughtless, just that the second approach requires more thought) leans on theory of mind.

@Strask, I do like your method of RPG character building, and yes, it is very similar to my own approach when I am creating a character to play in a game. The approach that I outlined earlier is more of the approach that I take when designing NPCs to populate games that I am running for my players. As you say your method is longer but more rewarding to explore during gameplay, whereas the method I mentioned is quick to use for spontaneous "Is there anyone else on the elevator?" questions, and is good enough for what will likely only be a brief inclusion but detailed enough to be a starting point if the players take a liking to the NPC and want it to stick around.

I didn't catch the stream where they fired the new shotgun beast. Did they go full-auto w it? & if so, did it sound anything like when Terry unleashed one in the Expendables I scene down in the tunnels? Which was just frickin awesome if you haven't seen it :) https://youtu.be/gQWq1Z-J-EE

Edit: keep fergettin to mention: for anyone mowing the lawn, stop punching grass and use a knife, they're much faster!

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Lol.

Yep, for me, it started with one... and then several... and then lots of severals... XD

Usually once it starts happening, it becomes like a water fall lol...

36 minutes ago, FileMachete said:

I didn't catch the stream where they fired the new shotgun beast. Did they go full-auto w it? & if so, did it sound anything like when Terry unleashed one in the Expendables I scene down in the tunnels? Which was just frickin awesome if you haven't seen it :) https://youtu.be/gQWq1Z-J-EE

Edit: keep fergettin to mention: for anyone mowing the lawn, stop punching grass and use a knife, they're much faster!

He wasn't shooting it fast although it had no mods in it.  Would be interesting to see if it can take a full auto trigger mod and what that changes.

Link to spot in stream where shotgun was demoed:

I love how Rick is like "Show em one weapon, show em the auto shotgun....Its not like its the end of the world..."  I wanted to say..."Yeah its only the zombie apocalypse...." 😁

44 minutes ago, Sigil_Thane said:

your method is longer but more rewarding to explore during gameplay, whereas the method I mentioned is quick to use for spontaneous "Is there anyone else on the elevator?" questions, and is good enough

Agreed, and "good enough" is sometimes better than perfect, when you can spend the saved time or thought processes on more interesting things. :)

That auto shotgun (or henceforth shall be called my, StopGun) is pure win for me!

The don't care too much if an A19 vanilla shot gun is a bit weaker.  At least that's what it looked like to me.

The A18 shotgun is strong, but the small amount of stored ammo could get you killed in POI's with a high volume of zombies.

Now if all shotgun shells needed brass in A19, then things would change.

38 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

That auto shotgun (or henceforth shall be called my, StopGun) is pure win for me!

The don't care too much if an A19 vanilla shot gun is a bit weaker.  At least that's what it looked like to me.

The A18 shotgun is strong, but the small amount of stored ammo could get you killed in POI's with a high volume of zombies.

Now if all shotgun shells needed brass in A19, then things would change.

I'm sure it can take slug shells too for armored targets.  It will be interesting what weapon will be the most popular.  There are so many new additions. 😎👍

9 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I'm sure it can take slug shells too for armored targets.  It will be interesting what weapon will be the most popular.  There are so many new additions. 😎👍

All I want now is the ability to install a drum mag mod into the rocket launcher. ;)

1) please add a couple of textures for the storage box. such as: for sale, fuel, building materials, raw materials, parts, mods etc.
2) add a boat model. that’s enough for us until you recycle the water and create a working boat. Modcreators use this model for create something working. Players, servers, can be played without loading boat models.
3) Create quests. Make a quest to repair or build an antenna, bridge, turret, etc. A quest for powering an object. A quest to deliver a box to another trader. quest to deliver resources to the trader.
4) remove the possibility to adjust the gamma or limit the diaposon, as in other survival games. For 4 years, played with over 500 people no one uses light. All twist the gamma.
5) add electrical appliances, forges, microwaves, ovens. The game has electricity, I don’t understand why not finish it.
6) modify the server part, there is not enough opportunity to work with zones. Modified quests do not work on a dedicated server. i wrote about this in detail in the forum.
p.s with love, a fan of the game played 2000 hours with friends, with the same avid players

Over 400 hours of alpha 18 (solo), and i am loving it so much. I gotta say i decided to buy by watching alpha 15 footage, anf that's why i agree, you need to update those zombies models, these new engine looks awesome, and old zombie models are a step back.

Loving your work, and i think you need even more zombie models. More cops, more bikers, medics, farmers, fast food employees, more millitary, navy, Swat, FBI, and ranks for each like Captain, Commander, General, etc. Assylum patients, convicts, mob. All kind of employees for each of youre POI's. For example  Fireman, and of course "The Butcher".

In the other side, i think these game will last as long as you can find new POI's. There is a lot already and awesome ones, except some wich looks kind of flat. I was waiting so much from Police Department and Stadium on Navezgane, they are calling for a remake.

MCDyver addition it's greatest idea, to give some use to all the resources we are scrappping. And i can't ask you more.

So as a last thing, in the last place to ask for:

Improve biomes, like you did adding The Lumberjack for cold region. You could find some "inspired" characters from Friday 13th on the Forest, Nightmare on Elm Street on the Burn Forest or residential zone.

Seriously, loving and admiring all you hard work. These was the kind of game i was looking for since i saw my first zombie movie.

Thank you so much.

Archived