Do you find vanilla to be a cake walk with resources being abundant? But you love vanilla and don't want to heavily mod your game that removes that vanilla experience?
Then this hardcore vanilla experience mod is for you. Food is a real threat and hard to come by, progression is slowed down a notch, there's a real death penalty, grinding is actually a grind and there's an economy rebalance. Designed for worlds lasting 100+ days and for you to have a challenging time of survival during early and mid-game.
It's the year 2041, 7 years since the zombie outbreak began. You used to belong to a thriving community of survivors.
You fell in love with the person of your dreams and they also fell in love with you.
But unfortunately, someone got jealous of your new found relationship. And so they set you up and you were found guilty to a serious crime,
one which you never committed. And you've been sentenced to 365 days of exile and left for dead in a far-out land, mostly deserted.
Luckily for you though, your love interest managed to sneak in some supplies in your backpack before you were knocked out and dumped.
The love you have helps you to keep fighting to live another day, someday you hope to see them again and start a new life together once you've served your punishment.
You secretly seek revenge on the person who framed you.
I play tested on Survivalist difficulty with zombies running during the day, sprint at night, no airdrops, 24 zombies alive during horde night.
Unsure how a multiplayer world will play out.
List of changes:
- Require 25% more XP to level.
- Living Off The Land only unlocks seed crafting and makes farm plots cheaper to craft.
- You can craft Snowberry seeds (without perk), can be planted on most ground types. Yields 2 berries per harvest.
- Lowered ranks of Salvage Operations, Miner 69'er, Motherlode, and Pack Mule to 4 ranks. Huntsman to 2 ranks.
- Removed XP penalty when increasing ranks in salvage operations, motherlode and buffs that increase yield.
- Adjusted Salvage Operations, increased attack speed and lowered stamina drain.
- Removed Hackers Candy. (Harvesting an engine and getting 2 engines made no sense).
- Increased wild zombie spawns. Twice the spawns, Triple the respawn rate.
- Zombies give 25% less XP.
- Animals give ~60%-75% less resources.
- You now start with Mineral Water, Steak & Potato, First Aid Bandage, Painkiller, Herbal Antibiotics and a Flashlight.
- Dying gives a 40% XP debt and you retain your food level. Gamestage lowers by 5 instead of 2.
- You retain all debuffs when dying, including infection. Dying from infection will cure you of infection.
- Very hungry and starving has a penalty to stamina regen and movement speed, starving also reduces attributes by one.
- Stages of hunger and thirst now increase at 60%, 30% and 10%.
- Traders sell price 500%, buy price 10%. Vending machines 150%.
- Traders no longer sell Tier 3 weapons, tools and armour.
- Barter items: Cigar, Sugar Butts and Awesome Sauce give half their bonus.
- Traders restock every 7 days instead of 3. Vending machines restock every 7 days.
- Vending machines hold more items to compensate restock frequency.
- Harvesting and salvaging gives 60%-75% less resources.
- Mining ores resources reduced by 68%, trees by 60%.
- Hitting a loose stone gives you 2 stones instead of 1.
- Trees take 50% longer and crops take twice as long to grow.
- Upgrading blocks cost 20% more.
- Increased prices for electrical traps.
- Reduced chance to harvest engines and batteries.
- Spike traps are cheaper to craft, repair and upgrade.
- Rebalanced resources from salvaging safes.
- 67% less ammo in loot.
- 60%-75% less quantity in loot.
- Quest reward ammo and explosives reduced by 40%.
- Removed boiled water and fresh food from loot, 5% chance of dysentery from boiled water.
- Food piles less likely to give drinks.
- Less medical items in loot, rare even rarer.
- Common recipes cost more (Usually 1-3 ingredients affected).
- Rebalanced Gunpowder crafting. 750 Coal+Nitrate now crafts 500/750/1000 Gunpowder by Hand/Chemistry/Stack.
- Rebalanced Gas and Oil crafting to be less abundant.
- Repair Kits also require Oil and Mechanical Part to craft.
- Contact grenades has the same recipe as regular grenades.
- Added gunpowder to junk turret ammo (batch of 5).
- Padded and Scrap armour uses Duct Tape for repairs.
- Yucca smoothie keeps you cool in the heat. Sounds logical!
- Chainsaw base entity damage doubled from 6 to 12. Did someone say Doomguy?
- Balanced canned food prices and food value.
- Balanced medical items prices.
- Engine and Nailgun scrap for 15 mechanical parts.
- Clothing scraps for less cloth and leather.
- Reading books and schematics now give XP relative to their economic value.
- Lowered Gamestage multiplier from 1.2 to 1.0.
How to install:
Extract files from the zip and overwrite the files located in C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config
1) In steam, right-click 7 Days to Die and go to properties.
2) Click the 'Local Files' tab then click 'Verify Integrity of Game Files...'
7 Years to DIE Survivor v1.01.rar