Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

5 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Give Jesus a bike and send him to Las Vegas! That last shot is gorgeous! Your base looks awesome as well. Why am I getting Kingdom Come Deliverance vibes from this?

I'm assuming this is not your actual horde base and more of your humble abode? And what of the baseball bat, did you find it in loot or did you acquire it from the trader?

I'm going to try and defend that base. 24 alive on warrior. I got the bat as a quest reward, I'm still finding primitive crap in loot but its starting to drop purples so its not all that bad.

3 minutes ago, madmole said:

I'm going to try and defend that base. 24 alive on warrior. I got the bat as a quest reward, I'm still finding primitive crap in loot but its starting to drop purples so its not all that bad.

Hope to see some of your gameplay real soon... Next week?

On 6/10/2020 at 3:26 PM, SirScuttles said:

He's right though, infection isn't really an issue. You either die before you reach 100%, intentional or not,  or you use medicine from your stockpile of supplies. 

I had thought a bit about this, there a couple ways to handle this:

1. make medicine harder to come by
  2. add some extra penalty for dying while infected beyond a certain limit
    1. increased xp penalty
    2. spawn infected, with rate reset
  3. have zombies hits have chance raise infection rate if already infected
  4. more reasons to use medicines
  5. more dangerous early infection

I'm a little surprised no dev chimed in. The game already does #3. It's 3% when it procs.

Just watched some of the Alpha 19 stream.  I have to say that I am not a big fan of the big yellow dotted circle that says treasure here!  Kind of takes away from the immersion.  I hope that there are plans for creating a switch were you can turn that off.  I love the immersion, please don't take that away.

42 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

If people would stop asking dumb questions they could see the more important ones! People are srsly derailing and flooding all the good questions with questions about unicorns and drinks =l

Or your name is Roland and you ask a good question but...

7+ Best Soup Nazi Memes and Quotes – Seinfeld Memes

8 minutes ago, Roland said:

Or your name is Roland and you ask a good question but...

Them straight ignoring you was brutal.

Their weird vehemence towards ignoring all Junk Sledge questions has me a bit worried, is it even still in A19? They ignored every question chat had about it's tracking / range / if it's even still in a19 etc

8 hours ago, Perlin_Worm said:

Wish I could design like that. Every structure I build looks like a 3rd world prison.

Mine looks like a Borg cube with some interesting stuff on top and usually interesting things near bedrock. 

Never build on bedrock... unless you want to.  :)

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived