madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

12 minutes ago, strask said:

THAT is a super cool idea, that I didn't catch during the stream. Was it just now from your head? If so you are brilliant, if not, someone else is brilliant. And hey, let's just have a brilliance party and assume both are true. :)

Thanks for mentioning though because the idea is new to me.

Richard mentioned ressurectors during the stream when he started talking about special types. Not my Idea. They would make clearing a POI quite the process until you found them protecting the boss chest.

1 minute ago, Kanaan Brood said:

Richard mentioned ressurectors during the stream when he started talking about special types. Not my Idea. They would make clearing a POI quite the process until you found them protecting the boss chest.

Oh my, so like they could do it from a big distance? That's interesting. I was thinking more something, perhaps small, that would skitter around in areas you thought you already cleared. :)

26 minutes ago, Kanaan Brood said:

that zombie in my mind would fit in nicely in my book. granted imo i think some special zombies could uses some tlc. like the feral wight! he is just kinda a fast and strong zombie (if he has a special ability let me know) and stuff like the spider zombie could move side to side to avoid your attacks!  

now i have a few ideas of special zombies that i think would be nice and sense Rich said that they can go into a resident evil zombies. that also gives me more ideas. will post in the Pimp dreams but sense im bored ill post some down here

Spoiler
  • Slasher: hes face looks very rotten to the point where you can see his skull! but his eyes are still in the sockets, and has string like hair. but he reason he is called the "slasher" is due to his Arms mostly his hands have been removed and his bone has be sharped to the point where they are like machetes, while he can't break blocks wells he can cut through flesh and armor easily (at least 35% armor damage) 
  • Radioactive Corpse: this zombie is basically the Radioactive zombies we have but instead of many zombies looks. they have 1 model which looks like a super rotten zombie that has glowing flesh parts and his eyes are green. they can spawn out in the wasteland and they heal themselves deal radioactive damage  
  • Ravager: this could be the zombie Madmole talks about with the humans that are so radioactive that zombies don't eat them, while they look kinda like a feral wight but with more human features like human teeth but longer Sharp teeth! they can uses Armor (mostly tier 1 or 2)  but some times they don't where armor or cloths, just a loin cloth! and weapons they can uses is (bows, crossbows, tools, stone axes, melee weapons, and scraping tools!)
  •  fumer: this zombie may look normal but its skin has turned a dark red due to so much blood building up in the body!, he has a small belly that is also full of blood and large Boils on his back that allow him to FUME this blood that is toxic to humans but makes zombies go into overdrive and can even bring them back from the dead! he's fums are so toxic that it drains health and makes people sick and even lose there lunch!
  • Goliath: this zombie this a very large person that was turned into a zombie. his fat is so THICC! that it can take bullets and even explosives! he is as big as a cop zombie but he has the health of a tank! and has thick boils that act like armor!    

I just finished watching the entire stream...

I had to watch it in two sessions and put the replay speed at x1.25! 😅

I must say that both this Lathan guy and Rick are very funny at times.

The Knuckle Rub recurring joke was hilarious... 🤣

Rick gave such a great perspective about 7DTD development and I'm really excited about this game's future and also about TFP's future in general.

Keep going guys, you're doin' it the right way! ✌️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I'm curious, what are your thoughts on the design of the auto shotgun?

Unpopular opinion maybe, but... I found it kind of an ugly, clunky design? *Shrugs*

Yeah, um... If that was the trader unbalance Joel briefly hinted at before (compared to what you'd find in loot), then um... I'm not going to be questing at all in A19. 😛

Are you referring to the graphic art design?  It did look a bit bulky but it sounded real meaty which i think is nice.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Are you referring to the graphic art design?  It did look a bit bulky but it sounded real meaty which i think is nice.

Yeah. Maybe Lathan's options weren't set to the highest possible, as I did notice a couple textures were blurry in the world; idk if it's just me, but the auto shotgun to me looked like you could tell it was paper thin. It was bulky, but not bulky at the same time. Lol

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

15 hours ago, madmole said:

I'm still finding primitive crap in loot but its starting to drop purples so its not all that bad.

Purples by day 12?  Are you spec'd Lucky Looter?

I thought I wanted to see more from A19 but all the screenshots I am seeing make me want to play even more and right now a little too much. heh

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Well he did spawn in 25 radiated soldiers and was using only normal shells which made it take a long time to kill them.

Yah if he had used slugs with their native AP it would have been much quicker.  He was also using a shotgun with NO mods so lower damage, large spread, slower firing, etc.   By the time you are running into Radiated Soldiers you should have at least SOME mods to improve the gun.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Yeah. Maybe Lathan's options weren't set to the highest possible, as I did notice a couple textures were blurry in the world; idk if it's just me, but the auto shotgun to me looked like you could tell it was paper thin. It was bulky, but not bulky at the same time. Lol

I wonder if that's more a problem with the animations, than the object itself, because the ease with which it is handled makes it feel too light? Just pulling that out of my ear, no real basis. But the model did look bulky enough. And yet.

26 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

That may have just been the effect of the "max stats" buff he gave himself.  I doubt he can reload that fast and move that quickly at the same time without perks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam the Waster said:

i think after the streams. someone could list all the things that were said/shown..

Better. We will have official change log.

Wait, Pimps, when we`re getting it ? 

1 minute ago, Adam the Waster said:

i think after the streams. someone could list all the things that were said/shown..

hard to itemize everything.  Easier just to watch the stream or wait until a streamer does in one of their videos.

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

hard to itemize everything.  Easier just to watch the stream or wait until a streamer does in one of their videos.

well ill give it a try then. and ALSO ILL WAIT so a Can Ask questions to them like!

Canned cheeseburger?, can we make a Lawn mower mod for 4x4 and bike!. is grass green and SO much more!

1 hour ago, Kanaan Brood said:

Sounds a bit like Arch Viles or Glowing Ones. Hopefully if they are implemented they don't start spawning till higher gamestages.

7 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

well ill give it a try then. and ALSO ILL WAIT so a Can Ask questions to them like!

Canned cheeseburger?, can we make a Lawn mower mod for 4x4 and bike!. is grass green and SO much more!

Feel free to build off the list I posted earlier.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 2:20 PM, MechanicalLens said:

I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for this, but can you guys delay A19 until March 21st 2021, in time for my birthday? ;)

No what they need to do is bring out A20 on March 28 for my day! 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Khalagar said:

If people would stop asking dumb questions they could see the more important ones! People are srsly derailing and flooding all the good questions with questions about unicorns and drinks =l

Hmm, says the guy posting that in a Dev thread here???? sigh

15 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

man watching that makes me want to play A19 :[

Soon, bro. A couple of weeks is better than couple of months at this moment.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, strask said:

THAT is a super cool idea, that I didn't catch during the stream. Was it just now from your head? If so you are brilliant, if not, someone else is brilliant. And hey, let's just have a brilliance party and assume both are true. :)

Thanks for mentioning though because the idea is new to me.

Resurector zombies have already been used in overhaul mods.

17 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

What are your plans for A19? (Base design, what biome you'll settle in, what build you'll mostly be focusing on in your first world, etc.)

EXPLORE AND DO EVERYTHING!

20 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Soon, bro. A couple of weeks is better than couple of months at this moment.

at least its a few weeks. granted it feels like months but at least it is a few weeks and NOT MONTHS!

*COUGH COUGH* XBOX CRYSTAL ISLS ON ARK *COUGH COUGH* 

"TFP continues the Developer Stream series June 15th at 9 PM CST. Join character artists Joey Struve, Brett Briley, Joel Byington and Keanu Rendon on a live stream with Host and Senior Developer Lathan Meadows for an in-depth Q & A. " -7dtd twitter