Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

15 hours ago, madmole said:

I'm still finding primitive crap in loot but its starting to drop purples so its not all that bad.

Purples by day 12?  Are you spec'd Lucky Looter?

I thought I wanted to see more from A19 but all the screenshots I am seeing make me want to play even more and right now a little too much. heh

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Well he did spawn in 25 radiated soldiers and was using only normal shells which made it take a long time to kill them.

Yah if he had used slugs with their native AP it would have been much quicker.  He was also using a shotgun with NO mods so lower damage, large spread, slower firing, etc.   By the time you are running into Radiated Soldiers you should have at least SOME mods to improve the gun.

14 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Yeah. Maybe Lathan's options weren't set to the highest possible, as I did notice a couple textures were blurry in the world; idk if it's just me, but the auto shotgun to me looked like you could tell it was paper thin. It was bulky, but not bulky at the same time. Lol

I wonder if that's more a problem with the animations, than the object itself, because the ease with which it is handled makes it feel too light? Just pulling that out of my ear, no real basis. But the model did look bulky enough. And yet.

26 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Yeah. Maybe Lathan's options weren't set to the highest possible, as I did notice a couple textures were blurry in the world; idk if it's just me, but the auto shotgun to me looked like you could tell it was paper thin. It was bulky, but not bulky at the same time. Lol

That may have just been the effect of the "max stats" buff he gave himself.  I doubt he can reload that fast and move that quickly at the same time without perks.

1 minute ago, Adam the Waster said:

i think after the streams. someone could list all the things that were said/shown..

hard to itemize everything.  Easier just to watch the stream or wait until a streamer does in one of their videos.

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

hard to itemize everything.  Easier just to watch the stream or wait until a streamer does in one of their videos.

well ill give it a try then. and ALSO ILL WAIT so a Can Ask questions to them like!

Canned cheeseburger?, can we make a Lawn mower mod for 4x4 and bike!. is grass green and SO much more!

1 hour ago, Kanaan Brood said:

Richard mentioned ressurectors during the stream when he started talking about special types. Not my Idea. They would make clearing a POI quite the process until you found them protecting the boss chest.

Sounds a bit like Arch Viles or Glowing Ones. Hopefully if they are implemented they don't start spawning till higher gamestages.

7 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

well ill give it a try then. and ALSO ILL WAIT so a Can Ask questions to them like!

Canned cheeseburger?, can we make a Lawn mower mod for 4x4 and bike!. is grass green and SO much more!

Feel free to build off the list I posted earlier.

15 hours ago, Khalagar said:

If people would stop asking dumb questions they could see the more important ones! People are srsly derailing and flooding all the good questions with questions about unicorns and drinks =l

Hmm, says the guy posting that in a Dev thread here???? sigh

3 hours ago, strask said:

THAT is a super cool idea, that I didn't catch during the stream. Was it just now from your head? If so you are brilliant, if not, someone else is brilliant. And hey, let's just have a brilliance party and assume both are true. :)

Thanks for mentioning though because the idea is new to me.

Resurector zombies have already been used in overhaul mods.

17 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

What are your plans for A19? (Base design, what biome you'll settle in, what build you'll mostly be focusing on in your first world, etc.)

EXPLORE AND DO EVERYTHING!

20 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Soon, bro. A couple of weeks is better than couple of months at this moment.

at least its a few weeks. granted it feels like months but at least it is a few weeks and NOT MONTHS!

*COUGH COUGH* XBOX CRYSTAL ISLS ON ARK *COUGH COUGH* 

28 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

What are your plans for A19? (Base design, what biome you'll settle in, what build you'll mostly be focusing on in your first world, etc.)

Great question!!!

For SP I will most likely play 1 of 2 ways.

1) Replay my favorite build Perception / Intelligence and see how far I can go horde night wise. (build my own horde base) Navezgane.

2) Play nomad and do horde nights from POIs (Agility or Strength build). RWG Game.

For our dediated MP server we will probably load up a RWG 8k Map, and play with blood moon nights turned off during normal play (back on for schedule dates) but crank the difficulty higher.

@Laz Man

Finishing TWD prison POIs is not on your plate? Can't say I am surprised.😛 Probably I'm gonna start with a classic hardcore survival playthrough followed by a photo safari to take some nice screenshots of the new lightning for my desktop background.^^

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

To have the best of it. And we all will. 

Haven`t think of particular design tbh , I build a lot. Usually till day 3-4, I put my stuff in a 5x4 shed in a forest biome, since we are spawned there and all I do is go for resources, food, and ammo. After I have a bicycle I just get the MOST important with me, mark the rest on the map and go exploring and discovering, no matter the biome. If I find a cool place to build I start from a small shed again, to once to be a more than 200x150 base in A14. Wanna build a base in a mountain as usual, but depends what world I will spawn in.

Gonna be a melee build probably, but with so many new weapons who knows. 

In A18 I have two worlds now, one in forest and one in wasteland (both melee mostly, warrior and insane difficulty).

One of the things I will do in A19 for sure, though, is build a horde base in deep wasteland. A base in every other biome is acceptable. Burnt forest as we saw it today looks gorgeous, why not there :)

That was a good question that I can answer in many ways, thanks btw, if more people can give a glimpse at their plans, too, go on guys. 

What are your plans ? 

1 minute ago, Pille said:

@Laz Man

Finishing TWD prison POIs is not on your plate? Can't say I am surprised.😛 Probably I'm gonna start with a classic hardcore survival playthrough followed by a photo safari to take some nice screenshots of the new lightning for my desktop background.^^

Haha.....burrrrrrn.  The prison of course will receive an A19 block and decoration update.  I have plans to incorporate it into my overhaul <censored>.

Like your new forum title btw.... 😎

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived