Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

It's beautiful. Water looks amazing, very good work.

You can't interact with anything in f7.

And it's a shame...

I know, it would be awesome. Just you, your fists, and the challenge! lol

Maybe you're sarcastic, I don't know, but I would be so happy if you could find some time to allow us to interact with the environment without HUD. I made a video a year ago to show how immersive is the game without HUD :

And, by the way, I saw recently in the settings that we can reduce the size of the global HUD and I was like whaaaaaaat it's awesome, but in fact no, because the more you reduce the size of the informations, the more they are centered and it's not usuable. Maybe have a look at this feature ;)

What do you mean? Just because orsey went full orsey on the wrench picture....😂

Did I miss something?

I can’t criticize the forum now?

Or was my criticism unfounded?

Maybe now I can only admire or be silent?

Or should criticism be so soft that no one notices it?

Which of these?

Did I miss something?

Which of these?

You can say criticize everything, just not say the truth. If you get an angry reaction back you know you are right since they cannot handle properly founded criticism. Just keep your critique flowing even if not everyone appreciates it, some do!

Aaaand... I'm against that. If they smell, see or hear you then fine, but i don't want to suddenly have an angry mob GPS towards me through even the most impossible maze of a POI i'm in or when i'm very deep underground. If you want to tell me all Zs are simply drawn to warm bodies then you shouldn't be able to fool them and stealth your way around them as you're close, not to mention a WH that's a fair distance from you.

Otherwise you get a mechanic like in GTFO, where enemies are mostly "in sleep mode", but if you fully wake one up everyone around charges at you. Otherwise, you can stealthily kill most of them.

Ya most people wouldn't like it. I'm kind of a sadist though. Maybe an option. We used to have an option for "feral zombies" in which every zombie in the world had gps. Kinda miss that.

What if zombie loot bags consolidated into one bigger bag say within an X amount of Radius. That way you can have more zombies dropping loot but without a bunch of bags slowing the game down. Since there would be only one bag you can make it last a lot longer without de-spawning.

Single Bag on left and say 8 Consolidated Bags on the right visual change exapple:

Twoapplesonawoodentabletoponebigandonesmall-590f98af5f9b586470b26f91-5b3fd0ba46e0fb003765bf51.jpg

Of course loot tables would have to be adjusted.

You'd still have that loot drop jingle sound when they drop loot.

Did I miss something?

Which of these?

If video games have taught me anything it's that when you find new enemies you're probably going in the right direction.

Honest conflict is better than dishonest harmony :-)

Just don't make the mistake of taking it too personally.

If video games have taught me anything it's that when you find new enemies you're probably going in the right direction.

This only works in games. In this way, game designers tell us the right way. In real life there is no game designer who would point out the only right goal and a few right ways =)

You can say criticize everything, just not say the truth. If you get an angry reaction back you know you are right since they cannot handle properly founded criticism. Just keep your critique flowing even if not everyone appreciates it, some do!

An angry reaction doesn't prove or disprove anything. Usually it would, but in this case it is the 10,000th random illogical critique he's made and patience has been worn thin, hence the ongoing joke about beating a dead orse.

The design is fine, someone arguing it wouldn't work IRL when it WOULD is just a waste of forum space and causes other questions to go unanswered because I'm putting out fake orsey fires. I don't have unlimited bandwidth to post here.

Is there any chance of making the keyboard work more when the UI's hidden by F7?

The toolbelt alone is awesome, being able to switch weapons and apply bandages, what not, but for instance crafting is *so* close to right there, the tantalization is real. I make ladders with bfdd and a muscle-memory click, if the favorites tab was a toggle and the keyboard tracking worked, you could leave it selected, find just in favorites, and could go completely hudless for rmuch more of the time. Which would be awesome because the world's that gorgeous, no UI could improve on that you-are-there feel F7 gets you.

edit: lol that was synchronicity I swear.

Looking at the first page stuff of A19, Vehicle collision system and the junk sledge appears to the only new "Game play" content.

The rest seems a lot of balancing(books, perks, etc), fleshing out missing content already intended (vehicle mods) and some graphic improvements(which looks great btw).

Just saying "as I read it". Not really a complaint per se.

The only real complaint is that trader Jen needs a little nipple poking through the white shirt !

Did I miss something?

Which of these?

Go for it. Dont stop being you or voicing your views. You paid for the e.a access to participate like all the rest of the entitled did who put others with a diff view down.

If you have repeated yourself a few times on things maybe make a thread in general or pimp dreams and let it all out in that but dont stop voicing your views and opinions .

Altho i fairly certain like 1% certain laz man is just being a stirrer lol. (You can never tell with him these days haha 🤪 🤪 )

You can already share locations with friends. Its already too easy in MP.

Yep... but I think it would be interesting if some stuff like map, time (Watch) would be items. Probably too much work at this point... but at some point we had no Time in the hud and guessing the time was tough and I liked that...

Faatal

If possible will you take two snapshots as an example.

With between 70 and 100% fog enabled, The game time between

10pm and 12am. One holding a torch. The second holding a flash light,

not the weapon light. With either a tree, a poi, or a non moving zombie

at approx 5 to 10 blocks difference for a point of reference. This would

give a visual composition and perspective of the new effect.

Faatal

If possible will you take two snapshots as an example.

With between 70 and 100% fog enabled, The game time between

10pm and 12am. One holding a torch. The second holding a flash light,

not the weapon light. With either a tree, a poi, or a non moving zombie

at approx 5 to 10 blocks difference for a point of reference. This would

give a visual composition and perspective of the new effect.

7dtdFog100FL.thumb.jpg.127a5d2ec22c7fbcfacf7dd36edf20e9.jpg

100% fog. Clear sky.

The fog color is a bit bright for midnight. Lots of balancing still to be done.

The torch needs the shader fixed for fog.

7dtdFog100Torch.thumb.jpg.719c11e8571c780059a994b11d0999a9.jpg

Archived