Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31350[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]31351[/ATTACH]

100% fog. Clear sky.

The fog color is a bit bright for midnight. Lots of balancing still to be done.

The torch needs the shader fixed for fog.

Looks in the right direction, adds this feeling something bad is gonna happen out there, from somewhere, but don`t know when. Creepy in the best way.

No, although I'd say it should go inside buildings as real fog will. It's only the warm air of a heated building that dissipates the moisture, with a cold building the fog will permeate throughout.

Well it would be cool if it worked that way so a player would need to put down torches, campfire or maybe electric heaters to prevent fog in his base :)

No, although I'd say it should go inside buildings as real fog will. It's only the warm air of a heated building that dissipates the moisture, with a cold building the fog will permeate throughout.

the house windows secure. how does the fog get in lol... I mean that is like the rain going thru the roof when the house is in perfect order and all closed up.. I never had fog inside my house when it was foggy outside. and not lights or heat were on

That screws people over who want to build castles and large creative structures in a legit game. Its already way too grindy to make anything other than a small box fort.

But there are many players who are particularly happy with building in the game. For them, killing is only a minor matter.

the house windows secure. how does the fog get in lol... I mean that is like the rain going thru the roof when the house is in perfect order and all closed up.. I never had fog inside my house when it was foggy outside. and not lights or heat were on

If you sealed a house well enough to stop fog getting in you'd likely be dead of hypoxia by morning :-)

The walls of a house, especially brick, tend to store heat well. This is enough to bump up the temperature by a degree or so to dissipate the moisture but not enough that you could feel it. I have little doubt certain buildings in Aberdeen with their three feet thick stone walls could store enough heat to last a while but a rundown shack in the forest isn't going to be any warmer than the trees around it without a fire or something.

Depends on the building, depends on the local meteorological conditions but in general fog (or nerve gas for that matter) will permeate through a house that has the doors and windows closed.

Initially it always rained in the house

100% fog. Clear sky.

Wow, that looks amazing, It would be cool to get some really foggy days once a couple of weeks, not 100% fog like in the screenshots, but maybe 70 or 80 %. I'm starting to get the new alpha itch...

Creepy fog monster/zombie incoming?

0484f65cb46ed5d5002dde67074700e3.jpg

100% fog. Clear sky.

This looks great and really creepy! :)

How does the fog effect NPC's like zombies and other baddies?

Integrated Survival System, f.e. the health and stamina system. Its getting changed so your not constantly bandaging micro damage to max health, but rather will receive more significant hits that have a debuff attached to them, and require a specific treatment.

I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Wow, that looks amazing, It would be cool to get some really foggy days once a couple of weeks, not 100% fog like in the screenshots, but maybe 70 or 80 %. I'm starting to get the new alpha itch...

Creepy fog monster/zombie incoming?

0484f65cb46ed5d5002dde67074700e3.jpg

I know the monster is worse =)

OUoIGAh.png

How does the fog effect NPC's like zombies and other baddies?

There is no specific effect on fog but by... being foggy... it reduces the light level and makes you harder to see.

Now what I would like to see is fog dampening environmental background sounds and making enemy noises appear slightly louder to the player. =)

There is no specific effect on fog but by... being foggy... it reduces the light level and makes you harder to see.

Now what I would like to see is fog dampening environmental background sounds and making enemy noises appear slightly louder to the player. =)

Sounds awesome. (:

Will enemy vision also be decreased when the fog rolls in? (Edit: Or better yet, for the scare factor, enhanced somehow? ;))

Archived