madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

I wonder if it’s still an adjustable spanner or is it just a heavy club?

These bolts highlighted in the picture do not block the movable part of the key, with which the key can be adjusted to different sizes of bolts and nuts ???

new-wrench-01.jpg

I think you pretend to use language barrier so you can troll me with your insanity. Those just hold the bottom jaw on the wrench and have nothing to do with adjusting the jaw.

These bolts highlighted in the picture do not block the movable part of the key, with which the key can be adjusted to different sizes of bolts and nuts ???

new-wrench-01.jpg

You shouldn`t be into nuts and bolts so deep, bud. :)

Madmole, with the desire to have 3 tiers of all weapons in the game, do you have any plans on making it harder for the player to acquire the highest tier of each weapon type?

For example, would the Desert Eagle have a much lower drop rate than a regular pistol?

My point exactly. I might be misreading your answer, but if I'm not, you rather seriously misread mine. A several-blocks-thick wall of weaker material isn't close to as good as the same hp worth of concrete, for at least the reasons I gave, and I *like* that. It's why I think industrial-scale concrete production should require power. I think there should be at least a month or two where there's a good answer for "why not use concrete?", namely "dude, I can spend the entire day mixing up the concrete to build one wall or I can have the whole thing built out of stone or iron this morning.".

My notion is, make handcrafting possible but slow (a sorta-realistic result might be 5s to make one, 50s for ten is about 20 minutes of game time, for a yard of concrete that's sort of in the reasonable ballpark for a magic wheelbarrow you keep in your pocket) and making the mixer require power and run at its current speed. So somebody handcrafting nothing but mix full time could handcraft the mix for 72 concrete blocks per game day, maybe that's a bit much, but they'd have to dig the sand too since they don't have the mixer to make it. Whatever.

Make the concrete mixer use stamina when in them and not have it working at all when unattended, and give them the option to use power for unattended use perhaps? I always wondered why the mixer could work without any power.

Same with the workstation. It should allow for superior speed, but not work unattended at all. Or perhaps do it by radius, so they work while the player is near them. It's a bit strange that the workstation can craft 1500 arrowheads while I'm out looting :)

Same with the campfire, you might have a big pot of stew in one go without being present, bacon and eggs on the other hand could require the player to be present.

The Chem station is about the only one I wouldn't change, as it's designed to work independently, good enough for a game anyhow ;)

Just my thoughts on the crafting system. A way to have mass produced stuff, and stuff that requires the player to pay full attention or at least to be near. Make it configurable, so players could just set that radius to max and retain the current functionality.

Might require balancing the food items and others, as stuff like bacon and eggs will become more valuable, as more actual player-time investment is needed.

On the fog idea, I’d love to see near 100% fog hit around 1400 of horde day as a prelude to the blood moon battle. With the fog comes creepy screams, noises and a very occasional screaming, running zombie. For atmosphere, that would be crazy, cool lead into horde night. I hope that could be made to happen.

I think you pretend to use language barrier so you can troll me with your insanity. Those just hold the bottom jaw on the wrench and have nothing to do with adjusting the jaw.

Your fantasy trolls you, I do not troll. I really thought that these bolts block the moving part of the key and asked a question. Do not look for hidden meaning.

I just love the details. I'm interested. And when I'm interested, I ask.

Are you annoyed by questions from people who are interested in your game? This is strange. What insane contains my question?

gettyimages-176077247-612x612.jpg

Edited by Orsey (see edit history)

"Uh terminated him in daark fate."

Someday I want to do a 7 days lets play as Arnold doing my pretty good Arnold imitation the entire time. I'd have to mod it to make it really cool, like he could punch a door down with one hit and ragdoll everyone lol.

hell, you already have the pump shotgun and motor cycle. Totally doable... Maybe someone will create a Terminator mod (after bandit assets are in). I could already see a horde of terminators baring down on a horde base with someone playing as Jon Connor...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Some control. I added a fogPower value to worldglobal xml so fog can be pushed up or down for day/night.

@ Faatal, are you familiar with the ui_display.xml? I am looking for a way to display an items current durability (not max durability/degradation) along side all its under stats for a mod I am working on. I have asked in the mods forums but haven't gotten anywhere with it yet.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?152007-Durability-Question

She lost so much weight for the movie her ass was gone, so they made a fake ass for her to wear in her pants lol.

So you were checking out Linda Hamilton's goods? :p

Integrated Survival System, f.e. the health and stamina system. Its getting changed so your not constantly bandaging micro damage to max health, but rather will receive more significant hits that have a debuff attached to them, and require a specific treatment.

This sounds promising. I look forward to see how it feels/works.

Madmole, with the desire to have 3 tiers of all weapons in the game, do you have any plans on making it harder for the player to acquire the highest tier of each weapon type?

For example, would the Desert Eagle have a much lower drop rate than a regular pistol?

The current M60/Magnum/Marksmen and other weapons are already pushed into the later game for the most part so I would think they woudl apply the same thought process to the new Tier 3 weapons.

Integrated Survival System, f.e. the health and stamina system. Its getting changed so your not constantly bandaging micro damage to max health, but rather will receive more significant hits that have a debuff attached to them, and require a specific treatment.

Mr. Mole, that sounds awesome. really eager for your Videos, if you are doing any :)

Vehicle mods excited me the most for A19. Now I am flacid (:

I'll have to agree. If vehicle mods get pushed, I must say, not a big fan of what A19 has to offer at the moment.

I'll have to agree. If vehicle mods get pushed, I must say, not a big fan of what A19 has to offer at the moment.

Hopefully they will have some nice surprises. I am hoping for new quest types due to the Riddler Roland's great escape puzzle lol.

Im kinda sad that they arent going to release smaller Topic-related Updates as they annoucned last year. a Book update was in the talk, aswell as Vehicle Mod - and Legendary Weapons Update.

Instead we got a new regular Alpha, just a tad smaller with bits of all corners.

Was kinda happy to see updates that concentrate on a single branch of Features

Which is exactly what is wrong with this game! There should be at least 5 different sizes of nuts in the game and adjusting the spanner should be an involved and deep minigame that you have to play every time you use it to break stuff down!!

A nonadjustable spanner that works on everything the same is just giving everything away!!!

new-wrench-01.jpg

Think of them as extra locks; the bottom knob turns the screw for resizing, and the wing bolts tighten it in place. There should be a break in the rear bracket so that it has something to tighten, but oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is exactly what is wrong with this game! There should be at least 5 different sizes of nuts in the game and adjusting the spanner should be an involved and deep minigame that you have to play every time you use it to break stuff down!!

A nonadjustable spanner that works on everything the same is just giving everything away!!!

You're not helping. :)

Hopefully they will have some nice surprises. I am hoping for new quest types due to the Riddler Roland's great escape puzzle lol.

My puzzle is only tangentially related to quests.

That photo is looking spectacular! Well done devs.

Is the hud and main menu getting some work? I would love to see the hud/toolbelt get a floating look and lose the borders or at least tighten and sharpen the borders up. I always thought they looked too thick lol.

Damn devs! I want that update so badly :) Getting more excited with each new image you share.

I think the confusion about The Two Bolts on the wrench stems from the model being created by graphical artists, not mechanical engineers. =P

Food and water bars are 99% likely to come with the new ISS changes and critical hit system.

Thanks..........

... but i already did it... i had to shovel the C# code to do it ... i don't know C# well ....it was hard for me ...

you troll MM, you can be happy for my useless torment :D!

But i'm glad you're starting to get your mind back :)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

I hope this is an acceptable topic.

Animation, If it has not been done already. Is it possible to

adjust either the ray trace to ground or collider on Zombie Steve crawler,

Animal feet, and Sleeper feet.

Ive added footsteps to the individual entities. Adjusting pitch in

soundforge now. What I found out is ZSteveCrawler the soles of his feet

are parallel to the ground and he uses his arms for movement so no sound

no collide with brush.

Animals don't collide with brush even with added tags,

But they do make a sound if they jump, but not walking or running.

I go into a Poi, sleepers awake, You hear the thud when they are initialized

in the volume. but no footsteps inside the POI. A Z comes in from the outside

they have footsteps on each surface.

We already have a few open tickets for this dating back years. Low priority, so can't say when we would get to it.