Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

So like what, a combination of junk gun and steel hammer parts = junk sledge?

I do like the overall beautification of the older crusty stuff, though I wonder what's the word on human NPCs in general. It's not like it's impossible considering the modding scene had implemented it ages ago.

I know right? But seriously its a decent movie, possibly best terminator since T2. If you go in with low expectations its good, if you expect it to be better than T1 and T2 then you'll be disappointed IMO. LIke we watched the new Zombieland about the same time and I thought it was better than that, which I also enjoyed.

Who in their right mind would have gone into it expecting it to be better than T1 and T2? It was a great movie, easily better than the rest besides T1 and T2 — even though Linda Hamilton looks like a prune with hair.

Who in their right mind would have gone into it expecting it to be better than T1 and T2? It was a great movie, easily better than the rest besides T1 and T2 — even though Linda Hamilton looks like a prune with hair.

She lost so much weight for the movie her ass was gone, so they made a fake ass for her to wear in her pants lol.

Even if the fog culled their meshes 100% it wouldn't ease the CPU of them pathing, attacking, playing sounds, and then what happens when 100's of them reach you and they are all on screen?

ummmm you shoot them?

lol! i dont know anything about this stuff it was just a hopeful idea :-)

Ahoy Madmole!

so are most of the Tier 3 weapons going to look makeshift or are you playing on making them look All Makeshift (minus the bat sense its a New weapon, it would suck to work on a Model and then get rid of it)

Btw i love the look of the weapons now!

Not the ranged firearms so much but the melee do, since they are crafted where T3 firearms are looted so those would be top tier real world, with wear, tear and modifications/repairs.

Na, I've got a dog named Arnold and I only speak to him in the Ahnold voice, so 12 years of full time Arnold voice practice every day makes it pretty easy, and in my twenties I was starting a business and trying to get in shape so I didn't have any cable, just my vcr and collection of Arnold movies to pick from, and even back then I was doing the Arnold voice.

Nice, I can´t wait for that

Alpha 18 has been my first time playing this game and I'm enjoying it a lot! Looking forward to the next alpha and eventually the full release. But these are some of the points I miss the most in the game so far, with a constructive perspective in mind to improve the game even more:

- Having a display bar or values for hunger/thirst/temperature in the HUD is a must imo, or at least the option to enable those. I guess max stamina is an indicator of the hunger value, but I keep having to open up the character screen to check my thirst, which is a bit immersion breaking. And I just know about the temperature when I'm already with the negative status for cold for example;

- Having staff-like weapons as a melee AOE option with maybe higher reach but lower damage. The tier progression could be something like: wooden stick -> wooden quarterstaff -> iron/steel staff;

- Having swords that deal high damage but degrade pretty fast (repairing would be like sharpening them). The katana cliche is always nice, but also some other options like a rapier for zombie brain stabbing would be amazing;

- Food poisoning feels a bit extreme taking your food to 0 all of a sudden, at least on the first few days of a new game. I know this might sound like a casual's request, but the option to reduce its effect to 50%/25%/etc. would be a nice addition to the difficulty options imho.

- When first starting the game it was pretty overwhelming to read through the skill trees, considering I couldn't do so with the game paused. Surely you can use night time to do that, but I think this would be a better solution: When starting a new game you could be allowed to allocate a few or at least 1 perk point somewhere, because it makes sense for your character to have some sort of background somewhere considering it's an adult. That would also allow the player to start understanding the perk options before the daytime starts counting and zombies start showing up around you.

Alpha 18 has been my first time playing this game and I'm enjoying it a lot! Looking forward to the next alpha and eventually the full release. But these are some of the points I miss the most in the game so far, with a constructive perspective in mind to improve the game even more:

- Having a display bar or values for hunger/thirst/temperature in the HUD is a must imo, or at least the option to enable those. I guess max stamina is an indicator of the hunger value, but I keep having to open up the character screen to check my thirst, which is a bit immersion breaking. And I just know about the temperature when I'm already with the negative status for cold for example;

- Having staff-like weapons as a melee AOE option with maybe higher reach but lower damage. The tier progression could be something like: wooden stick -> wooden quarterstaff -> iron/steel staff;

- Having swords that deal high damage but degrade pretty fast (repairing would be like sharpening them). The katana cliche is always nice, but also some other options like a rapier for zombie brain stabbing would be amazing;

- Food poisoning feels a bit extreme taking your food to 0 all of a sudden, at least on the first few days of a new game. I know this might sound like a casual's request, but the option to reduce its effect to 50%/25%/etc. would be a nice addition to the difficulty options imho.

- When first starting the game it was pretty overwhelming to read through the skill trees, considering I couldn't do so with the game paused. Surely you can use night time to do that, but I think this would be a better solution: When starting a new game you could be allowed to allocate a few or at least 1 perk point somewhere, because it makes sense for your character to have some sort of background somewhere considering it's an adult. That would also allow the player to start understanding the perk options before the daytime starts counting and zombies start showing up around you.

There's a modding scene and custom UIs that display that are available

more melee would be nice but they're a small team so whole new weapons take a while.

trust me, the current way is better than suffering for several ingame days from food poisoning

completing the tutorial quest string grants you 4 skillpoints

What's ISS?

Integrated Survival System, f.e. the health and stamina system. Its getting changed so your not constantly bandaging micro damage to max health, but rather will receive more significant hits that have a debuff attached to them, and require a specific treatment.

Archived