Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

That is what 100% fog does. You could increase fog towards that by setting a low fogPower for day and/or night or a very low fogPower would do that even if the game was only showing 5% fog.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31320[/ATTACH]

In the picture it looks very atmospheric! Thanks! =)

hmmmm so that means you dont have to render so much of the world to see, and therefore the pc could handle hundreds of zds?

that would make fog something to worry about...

Fog _could_ be used that way. It's why the original Silent Hill had the iconic fog, to hide the inadequacies of the hardware.

hmmmm so that means you dont have to render so much of the world to see, and therefore the pc could handle hundreds of zds?

Fog works by modifying pixel values in shaders based on distance. All the renderers are still drawn and they don't actually know about fog.

If you knew an entity/chunk was 100% blended out, you could disable the renderer. You could also decrease the camera far clipping plane. We are probably never going to push the fog up high enough where you can't still see things at a good distance. Distant objects already turn off or drop to lower LODs, so not a lot of gains there. Distant terrain would probably be the biggest gain.

That is what 100% fog does. You could increase fog towards that by setting a low fogPower for day and/or night or a very low fogPower would do that even if the game was only showing 5% fog.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31320[/ATTACH]

That's tight. Creepy and if we ever get to make custom biomes again...

I hope this is an acceptable topic.

Animation, If it has not been done already. Is it possible to

adjust either the ray trace to ground or collider on Zombie Steve crawler,

Animal feet, and Sleeper feet.

Ive added footsteps to the individual entities. Adjusting pitch in

soundforge now. What I found out is ZSteveCrawler the soles of his feet

are parallel to the ground and he uses his arms for movement so no sound

no collide with brush.

Animals don't collide with brush even with added tags,

But they do make a sound if they jump, but not walking or running.

I go into a Poi, sleepers awake, You hear the thud when they are initialized

in the volume. but no footsteps inside the POI. A Z comes in from the outside

they have footsteps on each surface.

"Uh terminated him in daark fate."

Someday I want to do a 7 days lets play as Arnold doing my pretty good Arnold imitation the entire time. I'd have to mod it to make it really cool, like he could punch a door down with one hit and ragdoll everyone lol.

get to the chopper !!

Did my chopper just explode??

Seriously I think that will be realy difficult to stay in role^^ But I would watch it for shure!!!

Got a technical question that should be related to A19/A20.

Since we can build our own itemicon atlas (and have been able to for ages), and A18 brought the ability to build our own UIIconAtlas... is there some limitation why we can't do this with the texture atlas?

The reason I ask is because I would personally LOVE to be able to build my own terrain textures, but I've seen users asking for more paint options and I believe that pulls from the blocktextureatlas.

See what I mean? Or not, because its foggy :)

It might be ok in small / rare doses.

Fog is cool if it's not too long. Half a day to 1 day tops...

Even in a18 I've had fog for multiple days. After 2 days of fog I usually just restart the game to get out of it.

Fog is cool if it's not too long. Half a day to 1 day tops...

Even in a18 I've had fog for multiple days. After 2 days of fog I usually just restart the game to get out of it.

In A18 you can also just type in weather fog 0.5 in the console menu and it restores it to the default settings (or very nearly, I cannot tell the difference). :)

Did you really just spoil the movie for me? Real cool Joel. Real cool.

Fixed. But please cite the issue when you report a post - it wasn't clear what the problem was.

Sorry, but if it makes you feel better it doesn't ruin the movie at all, and that franchise is so borked that even Cameron couldn't save it. I did enjoy the movie. Great action film, weak character connection and very questionable software writing in the T800 model. Its better than Hobbs and Shaw or some other lifeless action movie IMO, but T1 and T2 are the best terminator movies IMO.

Even if the fog culled their meshes 100% it wouldn't ease the CPU of them pathing, attacking, playing sounds, and then what happens when 100's of them reach you and they are all on screen?

get to the chopper !!

Did my chopper just explode??

Seriously I think that will be realy difficult to stay in role^^ But I would watch it for shure!!!

Na, I've got a dog named Arnold and I only speak to him in the Ahnold voice, so 12 years of full time Arnold voice practice every day makes it pretty easy, and in my twenties I was starting a business and trying to get in shape so I didn't have any cable, just my vcr and collection of Arnold movies to pick from, and even back then I was doing the Arnold voice.

My last avatar was 4 years old, I've had a big beard 98% of the time since then.

really? i thought it looked ok.

Now your avatar looks like he's driving through the burnt forest. (not saying its bad its just so orange)

Come on man, when your crazy ideas get ignored you need to just move on to the next one instead of beating a dead orse. You've been warned about this before.

Hey Orsey and i aren't so different ;)

Sorry, but if it makes you feel better it doesn't ruin the movie at all, and that franchise is so borked that even Cameron couldn't save it. I did enjoy the movie. Great action film, weak character connection and very questionable software writing in the T800 model. Its better than Hobbs and Shaw or some other lifeless action movie IMO, but T1 and T2 are the best terminator movies IMO.

T800 should have taken the free window 10 upgrade. That's what he gets for pro-cras-ta-nator-ing.

How dare you spoil the biggest flop movie of 2019, Boss.

T800 should have taken the free window 10 upgrade. That's what he gets for pro-cras-ta-nator-ing.

How dare you spoil the biggest flop movie of 2019, Boss.

I know right? But seriously its a decent movie, possibly best terminator since T2. If you go in with low expectations its good, if you expect it to be better than T1 and T2 then you'll be disappointed IMO. LIke we watched the new Zombieland about the same time and I thought it was better than that, which I also enjoyed.

Archived