Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

It’s age. We all get more calm as we age. At 35 I stopped streaking across our local sports fields during games.

I only do it overnight now.

I had a few years of being hormonal, but have balanced levels now so that could help a bit. More though I think its self control and learning that taking the high road always ends better for both parties. It might be fun in the moment to ♥♥♥♥ on someone but at the end of the day you usually feel bad about it. So by being nice it really is being selfish tbh, I don't want to feel bad so I try to be nicer. But its a win win for everyone.

AWESOME NEWS, faatal has found some good gains already, and I was combing through lots of new models and discovered texture streaming wasn't enabled on tons of them so the vram issue will either be dead or drastically improved in the next patch :)

Was anyone actually offended? I read the first post where it said some may be offended and the five pages of pepper arguing about how people get easily offended. The only relevant comments I saw (maybe missed it) were people with the syndrome stating they didn’t think anything of it, found it slightly funny, or felt it brought awareness to ama awful issue.

About as offended as people were when the naked stripper was put in the game. The tensions will pass with time... hopefully. :p

AWESOME NEWS, faatal has found some good gains already, and I was combing through lots of new models and discovered texture streaming wasn't enabled on tons of them so the vram issue will either be dead or drastically improved in the next patch :)

Very nice!

I like it where its at. Give you incentive to get off your ass and find/buy one. There is loads of steel for sale at traders. Go find all the traders and hit them up. You can harvest steel from safes but its a very low chance, I'm looking at that now.

EDIT: Power line tops (mostly in the wasteland?) are 100% chance to get forged steel. Build a ladder and harvest that top.

I hate to admit this. But damn you MM you actually made me enjoy using traders. I normally HATE them but this go around I have had to visit them several times.

Once again I cant stress enough how happy i am to be back on board the hype train after 17's derailment for me. You guys did a great ♥♥♥♥ing job.

Not once has someone who does have the condition complained. Everyone said they found it funny.

Those persons who are offended on the behalf of others are societal cancer.

Vicariously affected, almost everyone offended doesn't actually have the syndrome. Conversely, those who do find it funny.

Yeah thats my guess too. People getting offended cause they think others could be offended is a really bad hype these days.

Woop Woop ! Do you have a timeframe for next update ? Weekend ? maybe ? :smile-new:

That's really awesome news! I can't wait!

I dropped 10 grenades under a Z in cheat mode, I still can't find him...

Btw, what happened to Creative Mode? I don't remember how to activate it with console commands.

OHHHHHHHHH S%$t I NEED SOME GOD $%#$ TISSUES

As always:

Release the Kraken

Thanx Fataal. I'm using Radeon Control center right now, overriding the AA-settings of the game with 4x.

i uninstalled ravenhearts and the mod launcher but it didnt fix it

If you play locally:

1) Look into the install directory. Is the Mods directory empty?

2) if this doesn't help, completely wipe the game and reinstall

3) Start a new game. Does it have the problem too?

If you play on a server:

1) Who adminstrates the server? Did he correctly remove all remants of old Mods?

2) Start a local game. If it has the problem too, completely wipe the game, configs and reinstall

hi mm et al

a small request for qol whilst crafting.

please make the number of items required red font in the forge/workbench etc when you dont have enough of a particular item for a recipe.

some of those recipes with 5 ingred have 10 numbers to look at and evaluate. if the shortfall was nice and obvious, it would make a huge difference to me.

Cheers

Thank you so much. It was very crippling on our potatoes. Also terrain textures were killing the mood while being awesome at the same time lol.

So,

Madmole - Can you make a new post/thread with specific tweaks to video settings on NVidia and AMD cards, and in the game that are currently helping users with frame rates/performance please? I have been going through the game settings (RWG) and trying specific things to help determine what is nerfing frame rates so bad and already posted in the bug section on it. I have just adjusted some of my settings based upon what I've been reading in the general discussion and this thread. I'd like to filter out what "really" helps from fiction. Do you have a confirmed list of tweaks we can make to help out the stability while your team is working on actual fixes?

Appreciated in advance

my trader, zero, and yes you can find it if you work hard at that, but not near enough. the entire reason you split crafting the way you did was to not force players to go intel. so you gave them schematics to make things if they find em. all well and good, but still. having steel be at int 10, perk 5... forces players to go intel still to have enough mats, UNLESS they are lucky enough to get the drop.

I am not saying you should remove it, just drop from advanced engineering 5 to say 3. thats more a blacksmith issue than engineering anyways. you have more worthwhile things at 4 and 5 to justify the value of getting to 4 and 5 for straight int players

Maybe, I 'll need to think about it. In the meantime I've added steel harvesting to safes, street lights some containers and that power pole thing with transformers on it.

Archived