Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Yeah when everyone was going on and on about needing food spoilage I was like hmm no the real problem is you can get too much food, but we can't make it too scarce because of multiplayer. That simmered in the back of my mind and when we got around to rewriting food poisoning to be more than a 15 second annoyance like in A17 the aha moment came to mind and an evil grin formed on my face :) It plays quite nice, every time I take a bite to eat now I feel like a zombie might hit me from behind now, that tense feeling of wondering what might happen is a nice touch.

As with everything there is a way out of it, vitamins are useful now. I might even save up sham sandwiches and take a vitamin and eat them all at once just to fill up safely :)

I haven't heard one peep about the farm boxes, as I said I had an ace up my sleeve, which is the best survival game on the planet.

Since you mentioned it.... Day 6. I have 2 planter boxes. Found potato and corn seed. Works well. Once you harvest you can switch out seeds if needed. Any thoughts on making the farm plots...pickupable? They’re expensive to make, so being able to move them would be excellent!

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

use a shovel. that is how to harvest it .

dont forget to remove seed or plant first.

:)

also was anyone sad that the fire helmet just is a red mining helmet. or is it just me.

but that doesn't mean i hate the update.

We might add a custom model later, there were a few books where the perk was too hard to code in the time we had or we were short on ideas so a few meh things transpired, but not many.

MM

played about 60 hours so far on this version. not much sleep.

My first trader had everything except a mixer. I have had those going for a long time, the forge and the chem station plus cooking. in the desert, made 300 jars for glue making. I am mining out the area right next door.

Problem is, no screamers. I should be making alot of heat, but nothing. Do trader posts not gen heat?

I think they do, but it takes about 4 forges running most of a day to get a screamer.

How does the stamina bar and health bar work? I keep seeing mine turn black, reducing my overall stamina and health. The issue is, I keep eating and drinking. Food and water never get below 75, usually in the 80s to 90s. It seems odd that with food and water that high, it would start to go black. Also, once it goes black it seems like it is hard to get it back into "color".

The system is a bit confusing currently. The max food/thirst can go over 100. To have max stamina you better overcap the 100 hunger (up to 150, and it grows with your levels. You can check your food/thirst in the character tab.

To remove the black area on your health bar, use medical items (a simple bandage would work), then eat to heal it completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Since you mentioned it.... Day 6. I have 2 planter boxes. Found potato and corn seed. Works well. Once you harvest you can switch out seeds if needed. Any thoughts on making the farm plots...pickupable? They’re expensive to make, so being able to move them would be excellent!

You can dig the farming plot with a shovel, and it will put the farming block back into your inventory.

How does the stamina bar and health bar work? I keep seeing mine turn black, reducing my overall stamina and health. The issue is, I keep eating and drinking. Food and water never get below 75, usually in the 80s to 90s. It seems odd that with food and water that high, it would start to go black. Also, once it goes black it seems like it is hard to get it back into "color".

Great question. I'm utterly confused with it. I started out with 200 and then I died and ended up with 100. Then after a while I noticed that both my stamina and my food were both at 88, so seems like stamina and food are the same thing. Weird thing is if I eat something worth 50 points, then I ended up with my stamina and food at 138 out of 100.

Edit to add: I'm not great with math, but that does not add up for me. If it is out of 100, then how can it go over?

I found a auger on day 1 and used it. No joke took out 4 blocks with it and had a screamer above me. Killed her went back to using it and within 4 more blocks another screamer. Killed her and tried again and another screamer. Within 10 min give or take had several before night ended on the first day. Not sure what is up with that but stopped using the auger because it just keeps bringing in screamers. So maybe they don't gen heat or it is a bug maybe idk but I'm having well I should say I had no issues getting screamers with just the auger lol.

Not if you press and hold. Every time you press starting the engine raises the heat map. If you press and hold and never let up except to refuel it only makes one heat mark so you can auger for days and be fine.

Typical. I find a Tier 6 iron helmet in a box on day 10, and it's worse than the tier 1 iron helmet I'm currently sporting. Darn you, game! XD

Love that lol! Keeps you looting forever which is a great thing. I played a whole game of 100 hours and thought I had the best loot goggles possible, then the next game I out rolled my 100 hour guy :)

Had an epic moment of gameplay last night. Was playing with a friend of mine on my private server.

I entered a POI which had a secret attic. It was night, and I was stupid enough to do this without any light source.

Finally I reached the top floor. All I saw was a dim red light and a shadow on the floor. Obviously I made a sound because

out of a sudden I heard zombies raging towards me. But they were still in the dark. Desperately I tried to pull my gun.

Then they entered the light cone,

and exploded...

Two Zombies instantly dead... saw another two standing up again...the next explosion blasting them into the air.

I couldn't help myself and started to laugh insanely, not clearly understanding what the heck happened.

Cautiously I advanced and what looked like a shadow turned out to be a cooking pot on the floor. Tried to pick him up, but it said 'needs to be repaired'

I started to laugh insanely again when I realized the attic was mined... Just as I tried to explain my comrade what has happened (of course he heard me laughing), I heard another sound. I managed to lure the last zombie over the cooking pot.

That made my day (or better night). For now my best moment in 7dtd !

Yet many to come....

NIce!

Love that lol! Keeps you looting forever which is a great thing. I played a whole game of 100 hours and thought I had the best loot goggles possible, then the next game I out rolled my 100 hour guy :)

The game apologized to me by offering me a T6 steel knuckles at the trader. ;) I know what I'm saving up for. :D

But yeah, the game was probably saying to my character, "This half-broken helmet will protect the sides and the back of your head from enemy blows. Let your ugly mug do the rest." Lol

Hmm, not sure that I understood you correctly. Do you mean you cannot invest in intellect, but can invest in other attributes? Intellect is not locked for me from the start.

Or your problem you cannot invest in Turret Syndrome? The first rank there unlocks at intellect 6.

Intellect all locked i cant invest any of them

@madmole

im confused about the block upgrading?

cuz you go from wood , stone , concrete and steel.

what happened scrap?

We took it out because it was too much bs upgrading and metal should be saved for doors, iron bars etc. Down the road I hope to have a contextual upgrade in the hammer/nail gun where you load the material you want and upgrade to that. You can craft metal frames and upgrade to metal walls, which then upgrade to concrete if you want to start with metal.

I have no airdrops....

Thought I might have missed them, but there are no airdrop markers on the map.

Set Airdop frequency to once a day for testing. Then I entered debugmenu and rolled back time to 11:40am.

Still no plane on the horizon!?

I cannot help you, but there is another post in the bug thread, maybe it is connected.

Summary: Lots and Lots of Airdrops

Version: Hosted Server (Ping Perfect), Clients PC

OS/Version: Clients Windows

Game Mode: MP RWG

This may not count as a bug, but I am reporting it anyway. It was funny. 8P

In the config file in Ping Perfect, I set the Airdrops = 3. I thought it meant days. I think I shoulda set it to 72 for hours.

Anyhow: The result of a setting of 3 was on day one an airdrop occurred that involved about 20 planes. It only quit because we logged out and disabled Airdrops. It's day 6 and we're still finding crates. :-)

We're having a blast in it and haven't found anything else to report yet.

Thank you!

MM steel is needed for alot of things weapons on any stat, traps, armor, etc. but the crucible (if you are not in good with rngesus) is locked behind requiring a 10 int and advanced engineering 5? that is a bit too high isnt it? what was wrong with it being at adv engineering 3?

yes, it can be found if you are lucky. Not everyone is that lucky. day 17, still no crucible, and have found only 4 steel ingots. traders are keeping that ♥♥♥♥ to themselves

There is a journal tip on it, but make sure to bandage out "black" on your health bar, and over eat to fill stamina. 75 is missing a chunk of stamina, so eat to 150 or something to not worry about it for a while.

I have no airdrops....

Thought I might have missed them, but there are no airdrop markers on the map.

Set Airdop frequency to once a day for testing. Then I entered debugmenu and rolled back time to 11:40am.

Still no plane on the horizon!?

Mine come like clockwork. I think around noon?

Archived