Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

my trader, zero, and yes you can find it if you work hard at that, but not near enough. the entire reason you split crafting the way you did was to not force players to go intel. so you gave them schematics to make things if they find em. all well and good, but still. having steel be at int 10, perk 5... forces players to go intel still to have enough mats, UNLESS they are lucky enough to get the drop.

I am not saying you should remove it, just drop from advanced engineering 5 to say 3. thats more a blacksmith issue than engineering anyways. you have more worthwhile things at 4 and 5 to justify the value of getting to 4 and 5 for straight int players

Maybe, I 'll need to think about it. In the meantime I've added steel harvesting to safes, street lights some containers and that power pole thing with transformers on it.

So with the new Zombie Aggro system is there a way to make it more bearable like a book you read or a skill or something? Because joining in to a fresh world trying to start out and having every single zombie aggro is absolutely horrid. New players are going to have a hard time even getting started because of this stupid mechanic.

Set difficulty to easiest and they wont' aggro at all.

First you buy the attribute, then you can buy the perk if you have met the attribute requirement.

i know how it works did you see the secreen shot i add to comment

- - - Updated - - -

If you play locally:

1) Look into the install directory. Is the Mods directory empty?

2) if this doesn't help, completely wipe the game and reinstall

3) Start a new game. Does it have the problem too?

If you play on a server:

1) Who adminstrates the server? Did he correctly remove all remants of old Mods?

2) Start a local game. If it has the problem too, completely wipe the game, configs and reinstall

i tried many servers dedicated or not . and we are 6 people having the same problem in difreent servers . we all from turkey i guess its about windows language which i cant change .some letters are missing in main menu too . install directory is clear . and we bought a dedicaded server right now the problem still here . thanks for trying to help btw .

@madmole There are people who legitimately, sincerely find "Turrets Syndrome" offensive, and the debate is still going on the forums. Your thoughts?

And just to clarify, I think it's funny, people are taking it waaaaay too seriously

You buy a mature rated game from "The Fun Pimps" and get offended? Anyhow we went through this with the stripper and look what happened.

so far i haven't been able to get steel from the trader and I'm at day 22 but to be fair be fair i only found 1 trader so far. I have no problem with such high requirements for steel after all the hordes can barely break through concrete and you are really strong even at lvl 30.

I think it's fine making those who don't go the full Intelligence path to go out and work for steel or just max out one tree get a few perks maxed out then go into intelligence till you get steel or mod it.

Everyone wanna be a bad ass survivor but no one wanna put in the work.

Yep, keep looking. Took me til day 50 to find the crucible schematic one game day 1 the next. I got by with what the trader had to sell, makes the game interesting to not spoon feed every damn thing.

AWESOME NEWS, faatal has found some good gains already, and I was combing through lots of new models and discovered texture streaming wasn't enabled on tons of them so the vram issue will either be dead or drastically improved in the next patch :)

Good news

And when will the patch about?

I hate to admit this. But damn you MM you actually made me enjoy using traders. I normally HATE them but this go around I have had to visit them several times.

Once again I cant stress enough how happy i am to be back on board the hype train after 17's derailment for me. You guys did a great ♥♥♥♥ing job.

Awesome, now you don't even need mods (for a bit) lol.

Taser and junk turret have pretty high starting requirements, like 6 IIRC.

Stun Batons seem kinda strange the way they work. I'd have it so regular attack is just basically a club and if you want the shock then you use the heavy attack and it would aoe also. It would be more tactical and straight forward like that.

The way they are now is kinda goofy in actual combat.

Snakes are kind of hard to hit, however, and they clip a lot into blocks, not sure if this is a bug so not putting in a bug report about this.

Not really a bug, but a limitation of how their animation moves, yet the snake has to be close to the ground. He ain't got no legs!

That was the idea. I figured brawlers are going to get hit a lot so I made it more viable with this design.

I never get hit using fists. You wait until they swing first then close the gap and wail on them. I also power hit their legs and the fall every time.

left left right hook. Even runners and ferals can't touch me. I noticed on youtube though that peoples aim is way off. You should be focused on the crosshairs not the zombie. I might make a video showing techniques so you can fight safely and effectively.

Probably a gig of unstreamed textures just sitting there clogging up space. I'm still finding lots of them. I can't believe we missed this. Anyhow low hanging fruit!

It happens. Just get me that patch before I do something drastic like peel the tag off my mattress that explicitly says "Do Not Remove".

The settings that i have finalized to both in game and nvidia's globals (mine is a 2070), that work for me now ThAnKs to some members from the community/forums, helped get me to more than i expected fps (~90). Admittedly i started with 4k res which was causing issues in the snow biome at night 8-12 fps, I reduced to 2k and that similar night setting, improved a bit (20-24fps) , and lastly lowered to 1080p (with applicable settings) -- if this helps anyone great, otherwise my apologies for extra text. And just so Faatal sees i took his advice with the texture streaming this alpha LOL..

Back to gaming :)

Thanks for the info.

I am answering.

I have a computer with which I played at 16.4 and it did not work with 17 or 18 and I am not here giving the wand, I hope they solve it, to see if the only one with problems is going to think

Can you describe "did not work"? Did not launch? Crashed? Bad FPS? Error message spam?

Giving us your log file will let us see some of what is going on.

Maybe, I 'll need to think about it. In the meantime I've added steel harvesting to safes, street lights some containers and that power pole thing with transformers on it.

actually, this compromise is a decent stop gap til rngesus sends you some trader love. would suggest adding steel to the hoist as well. that is a solid piece of metal

better than snowdog love tho. your choice

So,

Madmole - Can you make a new post/thread with specific tweaks to video settings on NVidia and AMD cards, and in the game that are currently helping users with frame rates/performance please? I have been going through the game settings (RWG) and trying specific things to help determine what is nerfing frame rates so bad and already posted in the bug section on it. I have just adjusted some of my settings based upon what I've been reading in the general discussion and this thread. I'd like to filter out what "really" helps from fiction. Do you have a confirmed list of tweaks we can make to help out the stability while your team is working on actual fixes?

Appreciated in advance

I'd rather focus on the software than work arounds. Faatal is making ground with terrain and I found hundreds of textures that were not streaming so they were just eating vram, which is why *most* everyone is bottlenecked when they look at terrain. I'm sure some users can post some known workarounds, you can start a thread if you like but this problem should be resolved very soon. I've found hundreds of textures that were not streaming and eating up full vram constantly, so I expect some serious improvements in the next patch.

Archived